Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jodemilo
No doubt he's what we call in the UK a "heavy breather". Yay, stalkers!

Well, at least we know Marsha Bruenig isn't the only one.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 6:19 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 19th Oct 2014 at 6:53 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Vss2eip
The thing that used to annoy me a lot before I modded it out was the constant attempts of all of my Sims to feed the baby even if it's full. Unfortunately, now I have a similar problem with Servoes and toddlers.

I was about to say just that...

Sorry, had to edit to add this
Under Baby and toddlers related mods..you might find cool stuffz..

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#53 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 5:49 PM
Okay, I love this game. It's my favorite of all of the Sims games I've played (have not played Sims 4, but will once it goes on sale). But I do sometimes wish some features in Sims 3 were in it. I can live without CASt, I am fine without an open world, but what I really like in Sims 3 is the ability to make diversified body shapes. I cannot play a story hood I've been thinking of for a while, because the Sims in it, do not fit into Sims 2 categories of slimness. I really liked the various body mods that were released, but I do play a maxis-match game, and it's just hard to get the body-shape and the exact correct piece of clothing that matches the Sim and is available on that body mesh. I don't know, I just wish I could have bigger Sims easily in the game, without confusing mods (I've never used the body mesh mods because they are confusing and have so many parts).

Eh, I can live without it, and I just play other hoods. It was interesting seeing my Sims 2 sims get more of a body in Sims 3 when I remade them (I did love that). But the Sims 2 runs so much smoother and is more enjoyable for me, so I still stick with it.
Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 10:27 PM
The first thing that comes to mind is when sims can apparently see through the floor and decide that there is absolutely no way that that other sim will move away from the fridge before they get to it and so they shouldn't even bother going downstairs.
And the second is dropping actions! I set up queues of six or seven actions, thinking I've timed them perfectly so that everyone gets what they want and no one gets in anyone else's way. But then one sim takes a different route than I planned or takes two sim-minutes less or more to complete an action, another sim is left stomping and waving their arms, and then they decide that breakfast isn't as important as it's hyped up to be and run off to take a bath in the tub that a third sim is using. No. You /wait/. They're already out of your way by the time you finish stomping and flailing!

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#55 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 6:49 AM
You should be able to get it off Ebay at a reasonable price.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#56 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 8:30 AM
I would imagine ebay counts as shopping online jo
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#57 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 9:42 AM
I missed that. Well if they are a teenager maybe they should ask a parent to get a copy for a birthday or Christmas.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#58 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 12:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XXS
But it seems that whenever someone posts something remotely criticising The Sims 2, there are a lot of "disagreements" on those posts. I get it, I loved The Sims 2 when I was playing it and understand the love for it but it's not a perfect game and it has a lot of limitations.

I think that the disagreements (not me) are because you're criticising Sims 2 in the Sims 2 forum, where obviously people are playing the game and prefer it to other sims games. It's a little rude.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XXS
So I'm not allowed to have an opinion in a pet peeves thread because it's "rude" and because people can't handle difference in opinions on a forum where discussion is encouraged? Okay...

But you aren't just discussing pet peeves with Sims 2. You're pointing out how much better Sims 3 is. You don't even play Sims 2 anymore, so they're obviously more than just peeves.
Field Researcher
#60 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 1:18 PM
I have to agree with Charity here, although I do think people are very quick on the 'disagree' button, whenever there's any critisism against the Sims 2 (unless it's spun with a bit of humor).

In this particular case, your 'peeves' were all about color customizing and loading screens, which, as Charity pointed out, are really just differences in how Sims 2 and Sims 3 are built up. I don't think either of those things would have bothered you before you began playing the Sims 3, because it didn't exist in a Sims game until then.

So personally, I agree with both sides for different reasons. Just my opinion (that no one asked for, but I'm one of those types).
Field Researcher
#61 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 1:45 PM
I know and it was very obvious to me from your post that you meant no disrespect or offense, which is why I was very surprised at the amount if disagrees it recieved.

I'm only saying how I believe that your post was percieved by some. Perhaps if specific Sims 2 peeves had been included aside from the Sims 2 Vs. Sims 3 ones, it would have been percieved differently. I have spent enough time on forums by now to know that wording can make a gigantic difference in how people react to your post.

I hope this doesn't discourage you completely from stating your opinions on the forum. I know I myself went kind of dorment after (involuntarily) having caused conflict in another thread, where a joke I made at romance sims turned into an argument about male chauvinism and feminism. Each kind of forum has its own mentality. The more you get to know it, the better you adapt, without having to stay quiet about anything that might not be well-recieved.

Being the type to find it impossible to keep my mouth shut and my thoughts to myself, I know this very well.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 2:06 PM
Talking about how much happier you are with Sims 3 without these annoying things will be what irked people. Just don't mention Sims 3 and let a peeve stand on its own without comparing it to Sims 3.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#63 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 2:31 PM
If you post in the Sims 2 section saying you prefer Sims 3 and then go on to say things that imply you are bashing the Sim 2 you will get some aggro back. Not that you can't post, but don't expect the entire board to be fine with it. Same thing if you do that in the Sims 3 section, with posts that imply Sims 2 is better. Depending how it's worded a person can stir up a hornets nest. A few disagrees is the least you can expect.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#64 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 3:05 PM
I think in general speaking of Sims 3 at all is at risk of disagrees (really though, why do everyone take them so seriously? So someone disagreed, big deal). It's a Sims 2 forum, and most people here are tired of being told Sims 3 this or that. They want to discuss the game they prefer to play, without comparisons with any other game.
Instructor
#65 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 3:21 PM
My biggest pet peeve is the fact that some life states are so hard to kill - zombies and servos in particular. They're immortal and can't be killed easily (although I think the cowplant takes care of servos, and maybe zombies too?). It's very annoying if you're no longer interested in them.
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 6:17 AM
When playing the game I have pet peeves but when not, I tend to forget about them. There are some I remember:
Adults constantly taking a toddler for a bath when it's not needed at all;
Floors, walls, tables and chairs that don't match;
If a kid is treated badly by the parent there are no consequences. There should be a really low relationship score for a start, but the kid grows up happy and liking their parents.
Mad Poster
#67 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bridie1896
My pet peeve: No fishing, no gardening.

Now, I KNOW you get all that with Seasons, but Seasons is a little hard to find when you're not allowed to shop online and it's been 7 or 8 years since it came out.

I'm really hoping sometime that I'll walk into a games shop and they're handing out Seasons for free...lol.

Any shop which sells pre-owned or second hand games tends to get their fair share of sims games. If you can't find one when you walk in, ask the person at the desk if they could keep an eye out for a copy for you. Explain that you need the manual (serial code) as well. I don't know where you are in the world but Sims 2 is such an old game now, that the expansion packs are generally under £10.

There is also a mod to stop the random kid townie calls. It's called nopedostalkers and it's at MATY.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#68 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jaytee95
- A sim throws a party, makes drinks at the bar and some form of irrestible food (ex.: turkey, salmon, calls for pizza), has plenty of games and things to do at hand, while the guests immediately raid the refrigerator for chips and soda.

31 Mendoza Lane
Downtown
Veronaville

Hi!

Do you mean me? Somehow I ended up at Mr and Mrs Summerdreams' wedding. I wasn't really invited. Puck just asked me to come in, and then his mum and dad started to get married. I didn't even know they weren't married already. There were lots of really posh Sims there, all wearing posh expensive clothes. Even though I had my business suit on, I felt totally out of place. I never really feel comfortable in a suit anyway. And then Puck started flirting with David Cornton, and his girlfriend got mad. Honestly I just wished the ground would swallow me up! I just couldn't go and eat wedding cake and drink champagne with all those toffs and nobs. Instead I crept into the kitchen, and found a bag of crisps in the fridge. And sat in the kitchen and ate them alone. I'm sure Mr Summerdream won't mind.

So please don't block off the fridge. I just know that party wasn't really for the likes of me.

Yours, Ravi Bertino

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 1:45 PM
I really don't worry about the pets - rarely play with them anyway, find them boring in general (but I still want to have Pets for the werewolves and things). I would like my Sims being able to fish in the sea - but then they don't see the sea that often for I am partial to the Far East vacation hood. I am quite sure a child can go to a community lot on his own - sure I've sent some - as long as it's during the day? Will have to look into that (it is possibly something that came with an update?) I modded out Crumplebottom and the pickpocket. Tried to mod out the skunk but he stays around for some reason - though he does not really do much.
Howver - this is NOTHING compared with the things in Sims 3 that drove me back to Sims 2 within one month
Field Researcher
#70 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I would like my Sims being able to fish in the sea - but then they don't see the sea that often for I am partial to the Far East vacation hood.

In any case: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=231324

I only just downloaded this recently, so I haven't tried it out yet myself, but I'm looking forward to!
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jodemilo
Another peeve I just thought of... when a child brings another child home from school and it's ALWAYS the same child (a non-playable), and rarely ever one of the many playable children I have in the hood.

I have the opposite problem. My sim kids and teens are 99% guaranteed to bring home a playable. I wouldn't mind the same few non-playables coming over, but sheesh, I just need them to show up first!

No chemicals or GMOs in my sims' food.
Inventor
#72 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OrganicSim
I have the opposite problem. My sim kids and teens are 99% guaranteed to bring home a playable. I wouldn't mind the same few non-playables coming over, but sheesh, I just need them to show up first!

Oh, I just remembered.. it's not just the Kody kid who is always wanting to come back, but also the teen Meadow Thayer. At first I thought I could integrate Meadow into my playables as she wasn't bad looking, and moved her in with a family whose own children had flown the nest, but she's probably the most boring sim in the world, with the personality of a gnat. No guys really found her hot, so I gave up on her. I do have that Twojeff's hack which is supposed to randomise the sims coming back as well as give you the option to visit in the first place. Whenever it's Meadow, I just tell her to get back on the bus and go home.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 8:04 AM
I dunno I kinda like Meadow Thayer, and she makes a pretty cute plantsim. I've sent her to college and had her grow up before. She has the same voice as Brandi Broke and Dina Caliente. I might make a Neighbourhood where the teen townies, including the Downtownies, are all sent to college. Dunno if I'll send the exotic locations teens though unless they don't get reset.
Top Secret Researcher
#74 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thax
In any case: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=231324

I only just downloaded this recently, so I haven't tried it out yet myself, but I'm looking forward to!

Maxon posted this very link on the first page of this thread. I downloaded it and it works great.
Mad Poster
#75 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 6:16 PM
What really annoys me is how sims who are not Family sims will never tend to roll 'Have a baby' want. I'm sure there are people who have other life dreams but also would like to have a family, even if it was a small one.

Also, I agree with OP on the Pets EP not including as many pets as it should. There are so man animals that people domesticate and they don't just stop at the womrats and birds. They should've adde more animals with more "special" interactions. They could've added farm animals in the Pet EP cause it would be fitting.

That's it for now... Until I remember something else...
Page 3 of 272