Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#76 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 8:44 PM
"Hey, _____, are we still friends? I never hear from you anymore, so I figured I'd check in to see what was going on. Would it kill you to make an effort every once in a while?"
YES, YOU ARE STILL FRIENDS, YOU ONLY SPOKE TO THEM YESTERDAY
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#77 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pizza
"Hey, _____, are we still friends? I never hear from you anymore, so I figured I'd check in to see what was going on. Would it kill you to make an effort every once in a while?"
YES, YOU ARE STILL FRIENDS, YOU ONLY SPOKE TO THEM YESTERDAY

GREAT Pescado mod that fixes this up plus other phone-related annoyances.

"3. No more dumbass phone calls: Friends who miss you no longer make stupid
phone calls just to waste your time with their whining: They will instead
make a USEFUL phonecall, so if a friend you haven't heard from in awhile
calls you to talk, instead of bitching about it, this is why."

click here for link to download.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#78 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 9:56 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 24th Oct 2014 at 10:11 PM.
To a sim, yesterday was a year ago. I believe Pecado has a mod to stop those messages, but I don't know what it is called.

*Ninja'd by Charmful who was way more helpful as she had an actual link.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#79 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 10:12 PM
One good thing about playing a ten year old game is that most annoying things that can be modded, have been modded.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#80 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rusty55
Maxon posted this very link on the first page of this thread. I downloaded it and it works great.

~Facegrenade.~ Oh yeah, that was where I got it from to begin with... I'm one of those people who will have a conversation and forget about it an hour later.
Top Secret Researcher
#81 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 1:33 AM
I didn't mean my comment to sound the way it did. I was at work and trying not to get caught again by my boss.

Your comment "I only just downloaded this recently, so I haven't tried it out yet myself, but I'm looking forward to!"

Since I recently downloaded it when Maxon posted the link, I was only trying to let you know it works great in game.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rusty55
I didn't mean my comment to sound the way it did. I was at work and trying not to get caught again by my boss.

Your comment "I only just downloaded this recently, so I haven't tried it out yet myself, but I'm looking forward to!"

Since I recently downloaded it when Maxon posted the link, I was only trying to let you know it works great in game.

No, I know. I can't see how your reply could possibly look negative, lol. I appreciate it!

I was just slightly embaressed for having re-posted a link that I got from this very thread to begin with, without realising it.
Forum Resident
#83 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
What really annoys me is how sims who are not Family sims will never tend to roll 'Have a baby' want. I'm sure there are people who have other life dreams but also would like to have a family, even if it was a small one.

This is puzzling me, because my non-family sims roll "Have a baby" every now and then. Not nearly as often as Family sims, but it does pop up occasionally. Most of my sims have rolled it immediately after getting married, and it often shows up immediately after their youngest child becomes a child, but it also appears at random. In my game Johnny Nigmos-Smith (Popularity) rolled one straight after his wedding, and both Lazlo Curious (Knowledge/Pleasure) and his wife Kirsten (Fortune/Pleasure?) rolled it a few days after they married. And my lesbian couple both rolled "Adopt a child" immediately after their wedding, and neither of them are family sims.

Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Also, I agree with OP on the Pets EP not including as many pets as it should. There are so man animals that people domesticate and they don't just stop at the womrats and birds. They should've adde more animals with more "special" interactions. They could've added farm animals in the Pet EP cause it would be fitting.

I certainly agree with this. The only reason I bought TS3 Pets after being bored by TS2 Pets was because TS3 has horses. And horses are a lot more fun than just cats and dogs. To be really good, Pets should have included horses and more small pets like TS3, and also other farm animals like sheep and chickens (and not the stupid TS3 Store tied-to-the-henhouse chickens either!). But I suppose that would have taken far too much time.

My pet peeve I suppose is about how the sims react to pregnancies and kids - everyone apparently knows exactly who a sim's father is, but no-one reacts! It would be nice if, when a married woman has an affair that results in a baby, her husband either believes the child is his, or finds out it isn't and reacts appropriately. I suppose it's too difficult to code.
Mad Poster
#84 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyCarey
My pet peeve I suppose is about how the sims react to pregnancies and kids - everyone apparently knows exactly who a sim's father is, but no-one reacts! It would be nice if, when a married woman has an affair that results in a baby, her husband either believes the child is his, or finds out it isn't and reacts appropriately. I suppose it's too difficult to code.

http://backalleysims.com/adultsite/...ship-adjustment
Field Researcher
#85 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
31 Mendoza Lane
Downtown
Veronaville

Hi!

Do you mean me?
Yours, Ravi Bertino
No, I don't mean you; my Veronavilla doesn't have a Downtown. XD
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
I dunno I kinda like Meadow Thayer, and she makes a pretty cute plantsim.
IMHO she's one of the prettiest teens that comes with the game. She married Beau Broke in my game and lives with him in Downtown Pleasantview with their six children.
Quote: Originally posted by KittyCarey
My pet peeve I suppose is about how the sims react to pregnancies and kids...
This is something I can handle even though it's a bit odd. What would have sent things to a different level is say you have a fortune and/or romance sim get pregnant, but instead of being happy and excited about it (as they all seem to) they're crying the entire time as they feel their life and career is on hold just to bring another baby into their world. And when it comes time for feeding and other stuff even when they're directed to they say something like "Let my wife/husband do that, I don't feel like it right now" just like when you're trying to force them to skill-build while in a bad mood.

However, again, it doesn't mind me that much.

Every so often I'll make a family where a family aspiration teen wants to take care of any new siblings while the parents with other aspirations (especially pleasure) daze off (even if they don't actually roll those wants). I've even had teens that have fully-trained toddlers and have higher relationships with their older sibling(s) than with their parents.
Theorist
#86 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 5:38 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 28th Oct 2014 at 6:00 AM.
I'm finally starting to explore the world of CC and am quickly getting peeved at one particular practice which I see a lot of, namely, making a dozen recolors for largely irrelevant parts of objects, such as tiny buttons, knobs, doorhandles and similar things.

Maxis of course is guilty of this as much as anyone, with a half dozen or more recolors for tiny bathroom fixtures such as faucets, bathtub rims/feet and the like.

I really don't need 12 goddamn recolors of sink faucets, ranging from gold, shiny metal, dull metal, light copper, medium copper, dark copper, black, white, light gray, dark gray, etc, etc, ad nauseum. W T F?

I'm finding out that if I include some CC in an upload, it often includes recolors I didn't actually use in the Lot, which means I have to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out which ones to actually include in the upload.

A dozen recolors for a 1964 Mustang is great - not so much for a goddamn fucking toilet handle.

Edit: And before someone tells me that I can delete unwanted recolors - thanks, I'm aware of that, but it isn't always as simple as just deleting an unwanted color. It seems that usually there is one "base" color that is used for the mesh, which can't be deleted, as well as various permutations of various parts of a object. It can get tricky.
It just seems to me that many CC creators seem to create some of these things just to show off their artistic skills, when what they really should be improving on is their basic English skills so they can adequately explain their uploads without coming across as a scatterbrained dingbats.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#87 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 6:38 AM
But the answer is simple Rob; don't download it. If its the post is not clear to you then post in the comments. As a creator I find that most people want recolours of things to be split into subsets where possible, and creators rarely appreciate being called a dingbat and it does not stimulate them to change

What did I discover about TS2 today? That I have lost interest in it

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Mad Poster
#88 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
What did I discover about TS2 today? That I have lost interest in it

No...?
Now that must be the biggest pet peeve...
I don't think I could.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#89 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
I'm finally starting to explore the world of CC and am quickly getting peeved at one particular practice which I see a lot of, namely, making a dozen recolors for largely irrelevant parts of objects, such as tiny buttons, knobs, doorhandles and similar things.

I don't know where you're downloading from, but I have almost 5GB of CC and I've never seen that.

And seriously, what a creator makes is up to them. If they want tiny handle recolours then they can have them and we should be glad that they're prepared to share them for free.
Scholar
Original Poster
#90 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 4:47 PM
A big pet peeve with me is when creators recolour things and the subsets, in my view, dont match in any pairing.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#91 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 4:52 PM
Do you eat angry pills for breakfast Rob? Because it sure seems like it.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#92 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
Edit: And before someone tells me that I can delete unwanted recolors - thanks, I'm aware of that, but it isn't always as simple as just deleting an unwanted color. It seems that usually there is one "base" color that is used for the mesh, which can't be deleted...

You can use SimPE to replace those with a colour you really want. It's quite easy to do.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#93 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 3:10 AM
The fact that I can't have a parking space in the back of the house. Instead it has to be in the front and only the front.
No cars at all in apartments.
Pets in restaurants, In the REAL world that restaurant would be shut down for health code violations.
Mad Poster
#94 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CulMiku
The fact that I can't have a parking space in the back of the house. Instead it has to be in the front and only the front.
No cars at all in apartments.
Pets in restaurants, In the REAL world that restaurant would be shut down for health code violations.

You can have a parking space at the back of the house as long as there's a driveway linking it to the road.

You can have cars in apartments as long as they're in a garage attached directly to the apartment.

You can set the door to disallow pets.
Mad Poster
#95 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 3:18 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 29th Oct 2014 at 3:36 AM.
You can place parking anywhere, with moveobjects on...you just won't have the cool animation that goes with it, and makes it..great to own a car in the Sims2, but still.
There is also, Rotatable Driveways and Rotatable Garage Doors for your convenience.
I had them, but in my game for some reasons, it reacts strangely.
And as Charity said, front facing street is not a must, and it is not the reason why it would not work for apartments. It just gets hard to give all unit, a car..because of how big a covered parking spot takes..making your apartment lot huge for nothing.
I'll try posting a pic of a 4 unit lot i made, each have their car..2 facing street(normal way) while 2 facing back...NO facing front, but with NO link TO the street..sorry, my bad. Works well, minus the animations, for those 2 units.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#96 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 4:26 AM
Where did you get the idea that you can't have cars in apartments?
If I want a car at the back I just put down a driveway extension piece where I want the car to be and place the car on that. Now that we have rotatable driveways it's very easy.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#97 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 6:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Where did you get the idea that you can't have cars in apartments?
If I want a car at the back I just put down a driveway extension piece where I want the car to be and place the car on that. Now that we have rotatable driveways it's very easy.

The car section is completely blocked from clicking.
Theorist
#98 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CulMiku
The car section is completely blocked from clicking.

A picture would speak a thousand words.
Mad Poster
#99 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 7:28 AM
You have to place cars before anyone moves into the apartment complex, so thinking you can't have them isn't entirely wrong. You can, but you need to plan for it in advance.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#100 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 8:07 AM
If the garage is part of the apartment they should be able to buy a car while living in the apartment. Well i certainly hope so as I uploaded one like that recently with the thought people could place a car into the garage. Can anyone tell me if that is true?

~Call me Jo~
Page 4 of 272