Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 11:35 AM
Default Custom Elevator
Hi.
I have created the meshes for a new glass elevator that matches the Werknothom Set I'm making.
As first step, I cloned an original elevator and then I've created my own package with all the modifications needed. The elevator shows in the game but the only available interaction on it is the WooHoo with another sim: when I click on the interaction, the sim approaches the elevator and clicks on the elevator button to open the doors, the doors open but the sim doesn't go in the elevator and the doors remain opened
So, I've taken the package of the Glass Elevator by Macarossi (the unique custom elevator for the Sims 2 I have ever seen) and I have made a Fix Integrity to change only the object names and the GUIDs, I don't have changed the meshes made by Macarossi: I see the elevator in the game but it has one interaction as above.
As last step, I've taken the package of the Glass Elevator by Macarossi and I don't have changed anything except the GUIDs: same problem as before
I really don't understand how I can solve the problem to create a fully functional custom elevator.
It's a problem of GUIDs?
Is there someone that knows how I can create a fully functional elevator like the Macarossi elevator?

Thanks.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 4:31 PM
OK, I've solved by myself
It was a GUID problem, as I've written this morning.
After importing all the semiglobals of ElevatorGlobals (I mean all the BHAVs, the BCONs, the TTAs, the TTAB and the strings STR#) and after doing other minor operations, it's necessary to change the GUID in the first two lines of the BHAV called Elevator - Is Valid - Base Only? with the own GUID registered for the OBJD labeled as Elevator Base - 0,0 Lead and you're done.
I've tried all the interactions and the elevator works perfectly

See the screenshot below for more infos on the BHAV that must be modified:
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 17th May 2014 at 9:37 PM
I love it when people post their own solutions instead of just saying 'Never mind, I managed to fix it' with no explanation! This may come in very useful, thanks!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd May 2014 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAngel
I love it when people post their own solutions instead of just saying 'Never mind, I managed to fix it' with no explanation! This may come in very useful, thanks!
You're welcome
Ah, and I want to share a pic of my glass elevator; it shows the inside of the elevator located at the 30th level of a building I'm creating (i'm sorry if it doesn't show too much the glass elevator):
Screenshots