Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#151 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 4:24 AM
I have to agree. It doesn't look at all like the right foundation, and if it is, then it looks modified.

Also, there are far too many pictures. We're only allowed a certain number.
Advertisement
Inventor
#152 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 4:29 AM
Oh shit !Thats what happens when you build a house 2 hours before an exam .
Test Subject
#153 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 4:31 AM
I'll join it!! It looks fun and gives me a chance to work on my creative skills ;-]

†<¤ℑ£§§¥¤>†
Test Subject
#154 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 4:40 AM
Are there still places open? If so, I would like to join.
Top Secret Researcher
#155 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 4:45 AM
18 out of 50 spots taken so far. Count in some extra.

So yea plenty spots left.. for now :D

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Instructor
#156 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
18 out of 50 spots so far. Count in some extra.

So yea plenty spots left.. for now :D

I'm not sure about that. I counted 15 or so entries after the 18th spot. It is getting close!
Top Secret Researcher
#157 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 4:54 AM
You're right. I counted 18 more (unless I mixed up some pictures scrolling down) so 14 left then!

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Test Subject
#158 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 4:55 AM
hey guys my first ever post and I'm not sure how to attach the photos, that script promt message comes up and i'm not sure what to put in the bar. Is it the Url of the pics im not really sure :S thanks
Top Secret Researcher
#159 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 4:57 AM
Yea the URL

Instructor
#160 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rosieruby48
hey guys my first ever post and I'm not sure how to attach the photos, that script promt message comes up and i'm not sure what to put in the bar. Is it the Url of the pics im not really sure :S thanks

You need to copy and paste the IMG code.

Edit: Sorry I see someone answered. I had to chase a toddler off to bed.
Lab Assistant
#161 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 5:00 AM
Default The Thoreau
A house in harmony with nature...
"The Thoreau" is perfect for a bookworm couple who love nature. No tv, no computer, no car - just what one needs to live peacefully (and lots of books). A stocked pond and wrap around porch make one feel closer to the outdoors. Old wood and fresh paint give this home a rustic yet modern feel. Enjoy...

Streetview:

Property Plan:

Floor Plan:

Living Area:

Kitchen/Dining:

Bedroom:

Side:

Back/Pond:

Breezeway:

3 items of CC:
2 modernline windows
wood texture
Test Subject
#162 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 5:13 AM Last edited by rosieruby48 : 18th Jul 2010 at 9:33 PM.
Default Elwell Manor
Hi guys this is my first ever competition and upload, just found this randomly and I thought I would give it my best shot. I'm not an amazingly creative builder but I prefer the decorating side of the sims. I only have the base game so I couldn't really avoid the CC and so I used up all my 10 slots i'm afraid.
CC- 2x kitchen cabinets, rose in a vase, white flower in a vase, garden veranda, 2x picture frames, bunch of roses in a vase, dining room table and dining room chair and these are all repeated throughout the property.

So here goes...

Elwell Manor is a fairly modest family home situated on the Riverview Clifftops, the style of the house is classic but with a modern feel to it. The house has an open plan living space on the first floor with a family sized bathroom and conservatory come dining room that opens out onto the garden patio. Upstairs there are 3 good sized Bedrooms, two elegantly decorated double rooms and one larger child/teen room larger enough for two and another family sized bathroom similar to the one downstairs. Outside there is a well kept colourful garden complete with a fairly large swimming pool and outside living space perfect for watching the sun go down in the evening and entertaining guests.

Street View

Ground Floor

Second Floor

Living Area

Kitchen/Dining Area

One of the Bedrooms

Another Bedroom

Downstairs Bathroom

Outdoor Living Space

Cheers guys
Test Subject
#163 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 5:43 AM
Ooh, this looks fun! How many spaces left?

However long the night, the dawn will break.
Lab Assistant
#164 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rovias Black
Ooh, this looks fun! How many spaces left?

It's been said recently, 18/50, but that hasn't been updated recently, prob near 25 by now
Test Subject
#165 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 6:11 AM Last edited by kwuz : 18th Jul 2010 at 6:20 AM. Reason: Forgot to add part of the intro!
Default Cascade Silver
Ok! Finally got this all straightened out! Glad I got a spot. Been stressing about that all day. This is my first competition ever so I hope all goes well! >.<

Cascade Silver:
A beautiful, modern glassy house built right on the beach. Surrounded by crystal-clear pools and a sparkling waterfall, the clean edges and silver accents allow this stunning house to shine.
Perfect for sims who love the outdoors, have a green thumb, or are concerned about the environment, Cascade Silver is full of plantlife. In addition to the colorful decorative gardens in the front and back, there's a large vegetable garden in the rear so your sims can be sure they're getting only the finest produce. Also in the rear, there's a large relaxation area complete with lounge chairs and a modern firepit. Cascade Silver features two bedrooms and one and one half bathrooms, making it perfect for two to four sims.

Street view:

Top Floor (bedrooms, bathroom, and balconies):

Bottom floor (kitchen, living area, bathroom):

Living Room:

Kitchen:

Bedroom:

Extra Shots:

-This house is custom content free. However, it uses items from both expansion packs, High-end loft stuff, and the sims 3 store.

Everybody's houses look great! I can't wait to see the results!
< llama
Test Subject
#166 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 6:24 AM
so what do we have to call the uploa when we upload it?
Forum Resident
#167 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 7:22 AM
Whatever you want. You can call it upload if you want. It's supposed to be whatever you want it to be, so a lot of builders choose to be creative and give names to their homes, as sort of part of the theme, I guess you could say.
Test Subject
#168 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 7:28 AM
Default Sunflower Terrace
This beautiful Victorian style home, perfect for a small family features a large master bedroom, small nursery, spacious yard, delightful kitchen, and a living room which includes a sunny breakfast nook.
Built by Mrs. Clara O'Riley after the death of her husband her granddaughter Tabitha O'Riley inherited the home after Clara's death and lives there with her young son Craig. Though the home has plenty of room to move in it isn't too big for the small family to feel overwhelmed, and the love that permeates the walls welcomes everyone who enters.

Street View
The quaint green house looks at you like an old friend, inviting you to stay a while and relax. The small garden outside is full of Sunflowers, a testament to the builder who loved the large yellow flowers.

Floorplans
The bottom floor contains a large living room with breakfast nook, bar, and dancefloor, a half-bath, and a bright kitchen containing everything you could ever need for cooking and eating.

The second floor contains the master bedroom featuring a private terrace for relaxing, a small nursery with adjoining balcony, and a spacious master bath.

Living Room
The large living room is filled with calming colors and is the perfect place to curl up with a good book or just sit back and watch some television.

Kitchen
The brightly colored kitchen is a fine place to spend time, you may start cooking more often just to be there. The design includes an island bar to eat at when in a hurry and top of the line appliances for all of your needs.

Master Bedroom
The large master bedroom features more muted tones to help one relax and settle into sleep. A desk, bookshelf, and easel insure that sleeping isn't the only thing you'll be doing, as does the comfortable double bed

Terrace
When the stress of the world just becomes too much to deal with you can slip out onto the terrace off the master bedroom. With comfortable seats to relax in and a chess table to take your mind away from more difficult things you may have to fight not to stay in the beautiful sunlight all afternoon.

Dance Floor and Breakfast Nook
The dance floor is the perfect place to party. Complete with breakfast nook, stereo system, and full bar it will be easy to hold fabulous parties or just get down with your bad self whenever you feel the urge.

Go Tabitha go! Now doesn't that look like fun?

This lot contains no CC
This is my first contest entry, in fact it's my first time uploading anything to the site. I am a huge simmer though and I'm overjoyed at the chance to enter a contest.
I apologize if the pictures are not up to par. I'm still getting used to the Sims 3 camera and how to set up my shots.
Hope you enjoy!
Test Subject
#169 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 7:34 AM
I am so in. What sucks is, I'm playing on my laptop because my PC overheated I don't have much CC anymore
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#170 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 7:39 AM
Menaceman44 - "Would default replacements that change object size count towards the CC limit? I have a few that make some of the deco clutter slightly larger or smaller but the original objects are still EA." - Eh, as long as they're the same as the EA objects and the size is just changed a bit, that's fine. Some of the sizes are really wonky by default.

gabrielorie - Erm, that doesn't look like the foundation supplied to build on at all. Please review the contest rules in the first post - you need to build on the foundation supplied, not just build your own.

Jace12 - You don't have to upload it unless you want to. Uploading it is completely separate from the contest and fully optional - to participate in the contest, you take pictures of the lot and post them here, as detailed in the first post.

Contestant List Updated!

13 spots left! Woo we're filling up fast! Get your entry in fast if you want to participate! Not many spots left! I have a feeling the spots will fill up long before we hit the deadline. Again, please let me know if I have missed adding you to the contestant list - I'm checking the thread starting where I left off, so any of you who (*coughignoredmecough*) did a "placeholder for entry" post upthread and then edited it, I won't have seen your post.

If all spots fill up before the deadline: We'll begin judging as soon as all the spots are filled up, and announce the scores ASAP. We'll also put up the R2 foundation at that point so you can begin building, but the deadline for R2 will still be the following Thursday (so you may have a bit more than a week to do your R2 foundation).

We won't be extending the amount of spots, though - I'm actually really surprised at how fast they're filling up! But we've got to get at least three different staff members to go through and judge every entry, and score them on a bunch of different criteria, and add optional comments if they want - it's going to take quite a while to do that as it is, and more than 50 I think would drive our poor staff judges batty.

If you miss getting a spot, I'm sure we'll do another contest again soon - both TS2 and TS3 versions, maybe another Foundation one, maybe something focusing on sims. You can also always post your house pics in the Chat Thread, if you miss out getting a spot or you want to participate but don't really want to compete.
Test Subject
#171 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 8:16 AM Last edited by dietdrpepperfan : 18th Jul 2010 at 8:40 AM.
Round One
Round One
CC: None
Furnished: 144,805
Unfurnished: 75,203

This is a nice beach-side home for one Sim, or two. For Sims who want simplicity but also enjoy elegance.

Street View- This scenic home is adorned with flowers for the nature lover in all Sims.

First Floor- The first floor contains a living area with a large screen television, a reading nook, a dining and bar area and a kitchen that leads out onto the deck which leads to the pool.

Second Floor- One master bedroom enough for a couple or a single Sim. A chatting area by the stairs, an easel and a guitar can be found down the way for a more creative Sim. This then leads to the upper-level deck with a bench fit for some reading or cuddling, . This then leads to a reading and office area with a full bathroom off to the left and a laundry room right next to it.

Living Area- The living area has a spacious but cozy feel with soothing blues, greens, and whites throughout the room.

Kitchen- Spacious enough for the chef, and equipped for the beginning cook.

Bedroom- Beautiful view of the beach complete with a flat-screen television and two full-sized couches.

Bonus Shot: Dining- Spacious enough for four Sims and quaint enough for two. Complete with a beautiful view and a bar.

Bonus Shot: Pool-side- Sims can relax here by the pool during those summer days and nights.

Bonus Shot: Office/Reading Area- Perfect for studying, reading, gaming , or chatting with friends.

Well, this is my first competition and I think I did pretty well. I have always loved building beautiful but simple homes for my Sims. :lovestruc
Inventor
#172 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 8:22 AM
The one in my edited post Seems correct .
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#173 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 8:36 AM
gabrielorie - Ah thanks - I think you must've edited while I was working on the list. I'll add you to the contestant list now.
Forum Resident
#174 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 8:45 AM Last edited by Winterhart : 18th Jul 2010 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Rework of Screenshots & Additions to landscaping
Default Foundation Challenge # 1 (Wintertwin's House)
This Foundation Challenge house was made for a Loner, Bookworm Sim who fishes, gardens, and loves the outdoors.

When Wintertwin DragonKin built her beautiful house there was no one else here. As years went by other people settled here and built up the town of Twinbrook all around her. Wintertwin is an extremely shy and private person. When a road was built right outside the back of her house, taking away her beautiful view, she built a tall fence around her small lot to maintain her privacy. In order to further safeguard her privacy WinterTwin asked her sister Winterhart to help her in the creation of Residential Rabbit Holes small enough to fit in 2 tiny rooms in her house.

Outside there is a swimming pool, fishing hole, picnic table and barbecue. There is also the beginning of a small garden of rare Omni Plants and Life Fruit. There is an Apple tree by the front door, and a large Cherry tree at the side of the house. At the back of the house there are strategically placed Aspen trees to further insure privacy.

(What really happened is Winterhart didn't read the rules until too late and had to do some quick thinking in order to salvage her Foundation Challenge house. It makes a good story though)

$56,466 Unfurnished
$92,295 Furnished

1 Bedroom
2 Bath
Study/Exercise Room
Solarium
2 Private Residential Rabbit Holes

4 pieces of Custom Content (see end of post)
No EP, SP or Store Content (base game only)
Created in Twinbrook, also playable in Sunset Valley or Riverview.

Required Screenshot - Street view of house showing all levels.

***Note***
Front of the house faces the back of the lot in order to maintain the required orientation of the foundation.

***Floor Plans***

Upper Left Screenshot shows the orientation of the house.
Front
Back
Lot Entrance
Street

Top Floor
1. Bedroom
2. Observation Deck
3. Study/Exercise Room
4. Bathroom
5. Private Residential Book Store

Ground Floor
6. Living Room
7. Solarium
8. Bathroom
9. Kitchen
10. Private Residential Grocery Store

Landscaping Layout

11. Fishing Hole
12 Picnic/Barbecue
13. Garden
14. Cherry Tree (see the shadow?)
15. Swimming Pool

Required room screenshots - Living Room, Kitchen, and Bedroom.

Upstairs Rabbit Hole

Upstairs Bathroom

Solarium

Even though this house was built in Twinbrook it contains no EP, SP or Store content and is playable in Sunset Valley or Riverview.

Custom Content used to build this house

1. Jynx's Bookstore Rabbit Hole Rug for Residential Lots by Winterhart
2. Jynx's Grocery Store Rabbit Hole Rug for Residential Lots by Winterhart
3. Ye Olde Stake Fence 1 ½ Height by Flabaliki
4. Ye Olde Stake Fence Gate 1 ½ Height by Flabaliki

Flabaliki's fences can be found here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=398735

Jynx's Rabbit Hole Rugs for Residential Lots by Winterhart are waiting for upload approval.

Jynx's original Custom Rabbit Hole Collection can be found here:
http://www.customsims3.com/smf/index.php?topic=1931.0

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Alchemist
#175 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 9:14 AM Last edited by lamammaforever : 18th Jul 2010 at 9:40 AM. Reason: sorry, wrong size of pics
Default East of Souls Island
It's been really challenging for me stay in the limit of 8 pics without put them into a collage as usual, had to take off the sculpting corner, the bathrooms and the martial arts zone, almost getting crazy to let out the night view pics ... I guess this is the hard part of the challenge! I really had a lot of fun building and decorating this house, so thanks for this nice contest.

This is the perfect place for someone who need solitude and peace, with warm and comfortable style. It's designed for a single sim or a couple, and it features
- kitchen, living, studio, porch, bathroom at the ground floor level
- porch, little wardrobe room, artist corner/studio, bedroom and bathroom at the second level
The turret is purely decorative, there's no stairs to reach it, anyway my sims usually teleport so that's the good place for an exclusive stargazing night or meditation.

No CCs
EA Stuff from World Adventures, Ambition, Store sets (zen, tiki and some single free object).

Street view

The plan

The living room

The kitchen

The bedroom

The study

The courtyard

back view

Page 7 of 12