Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 5:27 AM
Default Discussion: Who is Lolita Goth?
I found it quite interesting to see the Goths appear in Moonlight Falls. Frida made a return from The Sims 2, while Samuel and Olivia are completely new. Due to my fascination with this family, it got me thinking.

With the reappearance of Frida Goth, the theory that Lolita Goth (the unknown relative of the Goths) is her was dispelled. Unfortunately, it didn't actually clear up what her role in the family was. Remaining theories include that she was the first wife of Gunther Goth, the mother of Victor Goth, or the half-sibling of Gunther and Frida who died. The most likely theory is that she was Gunther's first wife, due to the fact she died of electrocution and no electronics are present in the Goth home.

It also introduced the question as to whether Samuel Goth is the brother of Victor or Gretle. Due to no parents of either Victor or Gretle being shown in the family tree, for all we know the surname "Goth" could have originated from Gretle Goth. While unlikely due to the females' tendency to take the man's last name in the Goth family, it is a possibility. The reverse could also be said and that Olivia may be Gretle's sister, and both Victor and Samuel took their last name of Goth.

Wondering if anyone else had another idea or theory about who Lolita Goth was or who Samuel and Olivia are in relation to the Goths we know and love from Sunset Valley/Pleasantview.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 4:10 PM
Lolita Goth is discussed here:
http://linna.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=356952

I want my Space Pony title back.. why was it there such a short time..
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 4:36 PM
It's a really old thread though, just saying. There is a wiki page with a couple of theories http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Lolita_Goth (: & http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Goth_Family

Personally I think she was gunthers first wife, but obviously we won't know until EA clears it up. <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Belzader
Lolita Goth is discussed here:
http://linna.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=356952

Yes I noticed that however the thread was old and the last reply was before Supernatural was released. Isn't bumping old threads discouraged?

Hopefully EA will clear up their random Goth creation eventually lol.
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 5:05 AM
After reading one theory on the wiki, I've made my final decision just that fast. I'm just guessing she shares the Goth surname, since she isn't on the family tree. Then again, I wouldn't put somebody's remains in my backyard just because they share my last name...

Touché, EA...touché.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 6:35 AM
In my game I think I made her Victor Goth's sister - because I wanted her on the family tree somewhere.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 11:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jonah
Yes I noticed that however the thread was old and the last reply was before Supernatural was released. Isn't bumping old threads discouraged?

Not if it's related and additional info.
Quote: Originally posted by General Guidelines
4. Duplicate Posting: Do not start a new thread in a forum if an existing active thread already exists on the topic. Post to the existing one and only start a new thread if the subject matter differs from the original thread. The exception to this is in the help forums, where it is preferrable to keep one user's issues separate from another even if they appear similar.

12. Do Not Bump Threads/No Threadcromancy: Do not post to an old thread just to bump it up to the top of the forum if you have nothing new to add, or to get it more visible (especially if it's your thread!) Don't resurrect old threads unless your comments are relevant and would be seen as a important addition to a thread. Continuing on a conversation dropped months ago is not a good idea - check dates.

So, imo your post is related to the other one and your post was additional info.

I want my Space Pony title back.. why was it there such a short time..