Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 6:49 PM Last edited by moune999 : 5th Jul 2015 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Solved
Default Problem with OfB BHAV's
I need a little help from a BHAV expert, please.

I'm trying to make this OfB shelf stand ONLY on the ground and not jump up on tables and other surfaces. So I've edited the 'Allowed height' BHAV's, clearing every flag (from 'low table' to 'OfB shelf') and setting one flag 'Ground'.

Yet still it jumps up on these two - a clone of the OfB Display Pedestal (right) and a clone of the OfB Stack Cube (middle).

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong - or perhaps what I should be doing instead.

Thanks in advance for any input. :-)
Screenshots

Moune's Neighbourhood
If you need a cool place for your sims to chill out.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 8:38 PM
Hi moune I'm sorry I can't help but just wanted to leave a quick note saying I cloned the cube shelf and looked at it.

My first thought was to just change the weight of the shelves -- and that actually works (I used 1B00F40100050307020005FD1C006400) except then the cubes can't be stacked on top of each other so not really a solution. My second thought was the shelves might be self-referencing and the GUIDS needed to be fixed. They are self-referencing but the behavior is broken immediately on cloning so I don't think that's it either. And that's all I can think of -- hopefully someone knows exactly what's going on and will be along shortly to help!

ETA: Thinking about the weight again and the shelves not being able to stack... perhaps if you increase the shelf weight so they can't slot into where you don't want them to and then increase the support strength it'll work? Dunno, just thinking out loud with that bit. Good luck again.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 10:45 AM
Hi Honeywell,

Thanks for trying. I realy appreciate it.

What you said at the bottom is actually what I tried - changing the weight of the shelves, so they shouldn't be able to go on to any surfaces. But I can't seem to get it to work. Maybe I'm inserting the new BHAV in the wrong spot (that shelf has A LOT of BHAV's going in all directions).

Well, at least we agree that I need to change the weight of the shelf. I'll give it another try and see if I can find out where to insert the new BHAV.

Thanks very much for your input.

Moune's Neighbourhood
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 11:48 AM
This might be less than helpful - but it could be a possible work-a-round: If you need the shelves to be able to stack, maybe changing the weight and adding a slot to the top to hold another shelf would work.

Maybe? Worth a try? I should probably try to sleep? Or just make some coffee? (Moune!! Hi! *hugs* HW!! Hi! *more hugs*)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 12:21 PM
MLC! *hugs back* So good to see you! *more hugs* *hands coffee - a big mug*

Thanks for the suggestion. But I finally got tired of experimenting with changing the weight and did something completely different instead. I put in a BHAV that allows object intersection (and I finally managed to figure out where in the row it should be inserted).

And it seems to have worked. I can now place the shelf over the pedestal without it jumping up on it. And that basically allows me to have two different shelf types: One only in wood and one with a plaster or stone foundation.

Originally the problem was that the pedestal has a different master than the shelf and there was no way to integrate them. Now that is solved I should move on to making some stuff to put on those shelves.

*hugs MLC again*
Screenshots

Moune's Neighbourhood
Theorist
#6 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 3:23 PM
I'm so glad you found a solution -- your shelves look great so it would have been a shame if they didn't work the way you wanted them too. With the more complicated BHAV's, more often than not, I just import them as private and edit them directly instead of trying to add lines and that's what I did to change the weight on these. Not that it matters but it might help with a future project.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  bhavsMoune.zip (1.4 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 3:43 PM
That's fabulous, Honeywell! Thanks. I'll definitely remember that little trick for next time.

Moune's Neighbourhood