Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2010 at 6:39 PM
Default Q&D Slot Tutorial
This tutorial is for those interested in experimenting with slots. It just covers the basics. As it uses a testing version of s3pe(v.1004-22-2119), I kept it short and sweet(or quick and dirty) and I highly suggest thorough testing of any objects made using this tutorial. I will update on the next public release.

What you need: S3PE - version 1004-22-2119 & up.

Opening the RSLT

I will be using the Pedestal cube, because it has only one slot.

1. Open your package and select the RSLT resource. Click the Grid button to open the RSLT.

2. Select the ChunkEntries and click the box on the right.

3. Click the plus sign next to the RCOLBlock to expand it. Select Containers and click the box on the right.

On the left side there is the list of slots in your object. On the right, there is the Slot name and bone name, the slot placement flags, and the X, Y, Z matrices.

Moving slots

1. Select the slot you want to move in the list on the left. Select the bone name and change it to 0x00000000.

2. Click the plus sign next the position you want to change: X = left, right; Y = up, down; Z = front, back.

3. Go down to the Pos line and change the value to the new position's value.

4. Once your done, click OK, Ok, and Commit. Save and test in-game.

Adding slots

1. Select an existing slot and click the Copy button. A copy of the selected slot will be added to the end of the list.

2. Select the new slot, and give the Slot Name a new fnv32 hash. Select the bone name and change it to 0x00000000.

3. Move the new slot using the method described in the previous section.

4. Once your done, click OK, Ok, and Commit. Save and test in-game.

resource threads:

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=395889
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=400992

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
4 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 4th May 2010 at 11:51 PM
As always very clear and illustrated perfectly Thank you
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th May 2010 at 8:23 AM
Nice Tutorial
Instructor
#4 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 8:18 AM
You are my hero!
I really need to go read more tutorials on object making. My ultimate goal is to make frontloading washers and dryers on pedestals that have container slots on the top so I can place objects on them. I just need to read the tutorials on meshing for sims3 and how to add functions to objects. whee. Should be fun. I think I'll play around with something simple first though. Don't want to bite off more than I can chew all at once.
Instructor
#5 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 5:32 PM
This is great but I have on Question. In part to, Adding a slot, you write in #2:

Select the new slot, and give the Slot Name a new fnv32 hash.

Wher do I get the new slot name a new fnv32 hash?

And are there a method to add slots to an object that do not have any slots?

Regards
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 5:55 PM
In S3PE you can press CTRL+F, and the FNV hash tool will open. Enter some text and push calculate. An easy way to add slot to something that doesn't is to replace it's RSLT with the RSLT of and object that does, and edit that.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Instructor
#7 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 6:12 PM
Great, you are my hero, thousands thanks...