Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 1:24 AM
Default Cubic CFE House
Hi guys!

I have built the shell of a house. It's quite a cool house, though I do say so myself, and I'd like to see what you think I could do with it. I am currently thinking modern family home using elevators and a pool with glass sides...maybe even on an upper floor looking over the ocean! Suggestions for improving the current build welcome too.

On a related note, I have a few ...unfinished projects. I sometimes think it could be an interesting competition or challenge to put a half-finished house (or anything else) up and let people run with it. Is there scope on MTS for such a thing? I've seen competitions but they seem to start from scratch. (I tried this on reddit once - uploaded a house shell and announced two categories: most functional makeover and most imaginative renovation. Didn't get anyone actually entering but the idea's stuck with me.)

Anywho, here is my cubic hillhouse! I'm happy to upload the lot if anyone wants to have a play.

Happy New Year
CrazySheep808

Everything is ok in the end. If it's not ok, then it's not the end.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 8:38 PM
Interesting house. Cubic boxy houses doesn't go very well with moderators on mts. When it comes to competitions I guess they can start in the middle. It has been done before, here you have a basement, build on it, but don't touch it. The biggest problem with contests or challenges or what they are called, is the requirement to have been attending before both as contestant and a judge before hosting your own. Mts is like that, lots of rules.

When I make really new and adventurous houses I upload elsewhere :p
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 4:18 PM
Those kinds of contests are perfectly acceptable! We've had makeover challenges and foundation challenges and really all kinds of stuff. You do need to have participated in some way before hosting your own.

As for uploading the house to MTS, the main issue you're going to run into is that no one is ever going to be able to fit this lot exactly somewhere correctly as it looks like you used the edit tool to add a lot to Sunset Valley. Which means the chances of someone putting that size lot in the exact same place at the same rotation you did is pretty slim which will create terrain issues on the lot that might not be easily fixable (especially since you used CFE).

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 9:19 AM
Oh, that's too bad because it's looking really cool now. It has evolved into an apartment block, with two bedrooms sharing a kitchen and lounge on each floor, a pool and movie theatre on the top level and a gym in the basement. Probably aimed at families.

That's ok about the contests. I can't host one because I haven't participated in any yet. But another thought occurred to me: I have some half-finished projects and I love developing other people's ideas too - is there a forum for half-finished stuff where these things can be posted for other people to run wild with? Without making it a "download on MTS" or any time limits or prizes - just toss stuff into the ring. Then people could post what they've done with it.
Screenshots

Everything is ok in the end. If it's not ok, then it's not the end.