Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 7:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PixCii
Sooo, I'm back to this guy.
He's been sick for ages (2+ weeks), and I miss him, but I don't know what to do. I don't have his number, he's hardly ever on MSN, and I don't know how to get in contact with him. I'm just confusing myself over him, which isn't a good thing to do, but I'm getting so aggravated about it. I swear, when he comes back to school I'm just going to tackle him .

Hmmm I know how you feel, when i was in school i had a mega crush... i got a little crazy lol.... boys make girls crazy... but boys are boys... most of them dont give a ratz and make no apologies for it!
maybe you can distract yourself from him with other things, hobbies, friends.. other boys?? i know its hard and if someone told me the same thing i would secretly wish doom upon them lol but it sometimes helps.

the last guy i was with turned out to be a looser, made me feel like everything i did was an insult to him. i had to watch everything i said as not to offend him or he would crack some major snappies and stop talking to me and huff off. then later he would txt me and say oh im so sorry i just really like you bla bla. then finally id had enough so one time when he was having anouther case of the "i want you, no i dont but maybe i do but then agains" i was like well maybe we should just go our seperate ways then. boy was he suprised! and he kept on txting me untill finally i told him he sounded like a hallmark card and he swore at me and hasnt messaged me since thank god... sometimes they are soo thick...

so anyways.. im not happy with the male species at the moment LOL.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#77 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 11:56 AM
I think.. I think... I think I'm in my FIRST love....

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 2:14 PM
I haven't figured out my feelings of boys. its very iffy because one time they make me so freaking mad then they make me happy. wow.
Mad Poster
#79 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 8:44 AM Last edited by PixCii : 14th Aug 2009 at 9:05 AM.
So, the guy who I used to like (as in, last week) just asked my best friend out. That hurts. And then she said yes. Even though she knew I wasn't over him, and she doesn't really like him. She just wants a boyfriend.
Mad Poster
#80 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 9:59 AM
ouch..

The boy I liked found out, then he asked me out, I said yes but then he dumped me two days later
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 3:28 PM
i have never been asked out by a boy but anyway - i was talkin to one of the girls in my class (we usally hang out with different people, but all our friends were at netball club - ugh I HATE netball ) and she goes: "****** really likes you you know" and then laughs at my totally gobsmacked look (****** means a boy in my class by the way) i don't really know weather she is telling the truth or not because she does like to gossip if you know what i mean. i do like ****** but he is really immature and silly sometimes *sigh*

I dOn'T sUfFeR fRoM iNsAnItY. i EnJoY eVeRy MiNuTe Of It. :D

Please call me Rachel
Scholar
#82 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 3:44 PM
Well, considering that I am the mother of 3 "young men" (meaning boys ages 20, 19 and 16), I have zero interest in boys...however, I love men, as a general rule, even though I am of the opinion that I'm better off just being friends with them because when it comes to being in a relationship with them, they're all lying, cheating scumbags (with one exception, but he had a different set of issues and I haven't seen him in years). But they're so nice to look at. However, I find my guy friends absolutely delightful (but I'd never date them, even if I were single). I've come to the conclusion that if my husband runs off with some sweet young thing, I'm never getting married again. Too much of a pain in the ass.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Top Secret Researcher
#83 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PixCii
So, the guy who I used to like (as in, last week) just asked my best friend out. That hurts. And then she said yes. Even though she knew I wasn't over him, and she doesn't really like him. She just wants a boyfriend.

Thats really, really harsh. I would NEVER do that to my best friend.....

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Field Researcher
#84 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 10:59 PM
I'm getting married in September. One of my guy friends still doesn't get that he and I aren't going to run away together. :\
Scholar
#85 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 11:03 PM
LOL...is he just slow and doesn't understand "Dude, I'm getting married and it isn't to you!"? I had a guy friend like that and ended up ending the friendship and threatening him with bodily injury before he got the hint.

Alchemist
#86 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 3:06 PM
GOD some boys ARE REALLY retarded!

I know this boy who asked me out for the 6th time now! He just doesn't get the message-NO! He's so desperate, it's pathetic!

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Mad Poster
#87 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 3:12 PM
I'd just ask someone else out, then he might get the message... although that would probably also go wrong..
Alchemist
#88 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 5:18 PM
Ask someone else out?

Well, I'm very picky and hard to get so that option is not available.

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Scholar
#89 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 5:29 PM
That doesn't necessarily make a persistent dum-dum go away either. I'm married and you'd think that guys would be smart enough to look elsewhere for a girlfriend, but you wouldn't believe how many times over the years some idiot decides that I'm his soulmate and we're destined to be together. We have one of those in our D&D group at the moment. He keeps trying to "bond" with my son and he's always trying to touch me. Last week he asked me to go to a Shakespeare exhibition that he's performing in. UGH! Even if I was single I wouldn't want anything to do with him. It's not that he's unattractive, it's his personality. He's okay as a gaming acquaintance, but I don't really like him. I would imagine that he's going to be leaving our gaming group at some point, especially since my husband is coming back to play D&D in our group (that makes me happy! ).

Mad Poster
#90 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 5:37 PM
For the past two years, I've known a guy who seems to turn up in all of my science classes- biology, anatomy, and even earth/space science. He constantly asked me if I wanted to go to Hooters with him, if I'd like to join him at the tanning bed, if I would see a movie with him, and other such lewd invitations- I always told him no thank you and said that I had other plans. It was clear that he wanted to go somewhere with me, but he was kidding about the particulars of the invitation. And so, when we came back from school after the weekend, I started asking him, "why weren't you at Hooters? I waited for you there and you never showed up." Doing that turned it into a running joke, and though he still asked me on a regular basis, it wasn't serious anymore. I actually saw him in public this summer and he asked me the same thing... in front of my dad *facepalm*.

To make a long story short, is there a way that you can turn his attention into a joke? Perhaps tease him as to when the seventh time is coming? If you can laugh about it, maybe he can too, and it will make your serious decline of his invitation seem all the more serious.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Test Subject
#91 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 5:56 PM
I'm still in love with my ex. We had been together for 18 months. It was the best thing ever. We were both in love and we were serious. We talked about our future together and planned it out really detailed. But he choose his friends over me. He hung out with them all the time. I hardly got to talk to him in school. Heck, I couldnt even stand next to him break times as he would have his friends next to him on one side, and then another girl next to him and her friends and then me. I got upset. We kept our relationship a secret as he didnt want his mum to know as she would tease him and stuff. But his mum thought he was seeing this other girl. The girls mother thought she was seeing him. His best friend thought he and this girl would be good together and the girls friends thought they would be a good match. Yeah, I got paranoid that he was cheating on me. Then I came across this girls bebo accidently, and discovered that my boyfriend had said "love you babe" to her. Upset, I asked him about it, and he said he says it to all the girls and if I cant trust him, he will have to dump me. So he did. In the middle of my exams. And guess what? I still love him. I still miss him. I want him back. Its been 2 months since he finished me.

Sorry for the long, boring, depressing story.

" A dog cannot make this journey alone, but maybe, a wolf can"
Scholar
#92 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
To make a long story short, is there a way that you can turn his attention into a joke? Perhaps tease him as to when the seventh time is coming? If you can laugh about it, maybe he can too, and it will make your serious decline of his invitation seem all the more serious.

Well, it's not a good idea for me to joke with him because he's not really a jokey type person and I've tried that before with other guys...it only encourages them and it would upset my husband. My hubby doesn't care if I have a crush on a celebrity (with one exception, but that was a couple of years ago and I actually can't blame him), nor do I worry about him crushing on celebrities, but he gets possessive when it comes to real guys (as do I with real girls). I can't really ask the guy to leave our gaming group because he hasn't really done anything totally out of line, like put his hand in an inappropriate place, but it just makes me uncomfortable. I've had to deal with this sort of thing alot in my gaming groups (I'm in the minority being a girl who plays D&D), but usually the novelty of me being a girl (who actually looks like a girl) wears off pretty quick and I'm back to being one of the guys. This guy's different...he's kind of an unpleasant, volatile person, and he didn't have much to say to me when he first joined our group. Then he started hanging out with my oldest son alot and started being really friendly with me (I just figured he was getting used to our group), which is really out of character for him. Since I'm DMing (running the game), my solution is to be very professional and "businesslike" with him and only talk about the game...no personal stuff. Also my husband is rejoining our group, so maybe the presence of my real world love interest will give him a hint get him to back off.

wolf: he didn't finish you...he did you a favor by showing you who he really is. It just takes time to realise things like that and move on. ((Hugs))

Field Researcher
#93 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stygia2002
LOL...is he just slow and doesn't understand "Dude, I'm getting married and it isn't to you!"? I had a guy friend like that and ended up ending the friendship and threatening him with bodily injury before he got the hint.

I really don't know. He's a nice guy and all and maybe if I didn't have my fiance, we could have had something, but I love my fiance and we've been through way too much these past three years for me to even entertain the idea of being with someone else. I like this guy as a friend, even a close friend, but nothing more.

He knows my fiance exists - he's met him. I think part of it is that he's just astounded that a girl exists that plays video games (other than games like the Sims and such). That's really how we first bonded. But he usually keeps the flirting to a minimum and it hasn't caused any problems between Ty and I, so it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. He gets it, he just can't fully let go.
Scholar
#94 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 3:38 AM
Well, in that case, he will eventually, but if your fiance is aware of the situation, he may not be comfortable with your friendship with this guy, so don't be too surprised if you find that your relationship with this young man has to go by the wayside. If that doesn't make it clear to him nothing will.

Mad Poster
#95 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 5:03 PM
I had to go to school to set up my locker today (the academic year doesn't actually start until next Wednesday), and who should I see but the guy I've liked for what feels like forever? I haven't talked to him all summer, but he seemed delighted to see me and immediately jumped to comparing schedules to see if we had any classes together, asking me about my summer, joking about our old English class... all I could think was, "We would be so perfect together. You should be with me." His mom was gushing about how pretty I am, and I can only hope that he was listening and that, after we parted ways, she made a comment about how we should go out. My mom does that sort of thing all the time, and the fact that our mothers are close friends would certainly boost her opinion of me. I haven't thought about him all summer and it was lovely to see him, but all I could think about was what a wonderful couple we would be if he wasn't so obtuse to recognize that I like him. I just wish that he could see it.

Scholar
#96 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 8:10 PM
Guys can be so dense sometimes. Sometimes a person might get the hint that you like them, but they pass it off as wishful thinking and don't follow up because they're afraid they read your signals wrong. Also, guys feel just as awkward as girls and are just as nervous about rejection, if not moreso, because alot of the time the pressure is on them to make the first move.

Mad Poster
#97 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 9:06 PM
Sometimes I get the sensation that he feels the same way and sometimes it seems as though he sees me as no more than the smart girl in a lot of his classes with whom he just so happens to share numerous interests. I know that guys have liked me (you can just tell, sometimes), but they've all been too shy to ask, and so many things about my romantic endeavors have been curtailed by the fact that guys are intimidated by my intelligence. I'm in the top 5% of my class, I actively participate in class discussion every day in every class, anyone who reads the paper knows that I have very strong political feelings and a wicked way with a pen... I've often thought that all of this makes guys too intimidated to ask me out, and while that's lamentable, a silly high school relationship isn't worth compromising who I am- I'm a student at heart and I always will be even when I'm not in school. My mentality is that anyone who can't appreciate my intelligence isn't worth my time, and I'm happy to be single until I find the person fitting this criteria, but I think he could be that rare high school guy that likes smart girls, and that's why I have such high hopes for him. Maybe I need to be more obvious, although I think I've done a pretty good job of throwing myself at him so far...

Scholar
#98 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 9:43 PM
You have a really healthy attitude and seem comfortable in your own skin...that's not usually something we girls accomplish until we're much older, so you're ahead of the curve. It isn't so much that high school guys don't like intelligent girls, they're intimidated by them, especially when the girl in question is also attractive to them. Mostly, they figure that you'd never waste your time with them...or there's the fear of the dreaded "you're like a brother to me" (that's the kiss of death to a guy). When I met my husband he wound up following me to a D&D game, but he assumed that I hated him because I was a little offish when I first started playing in that group (okay, I was downright hostile due to a stalker I picked up in a D&D group...I didn't want a repeat of that problem). I wound up getting a huge crush on him (he reminded me of Iolaus from Hercules and a fun-sized Rutger Hauer and he quoted Monty Python) but he never got any of the hints I sent his way...and I sent some obvious ones, even playing footsies. I finally asked him if he would go see Star Trek with me so I wouldn't have to go by myself. Turned out the only reason he was playing D&D was to meet me. So maybe see if this guy you like wants to hang out at a casual level and go from there. You never know, it might give him the push he needs to make a move.

Mad Poster
#99 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 2:33 AM
You and your husband seem like you have a sweet love story . And thank you for saying that I have a good attitude- the way that some of my peers talk about the guys they like, it makes me sick. I've never understood their ability to be completely consumed by their like for a boy; yes, I've had many crushes that have gone nowhere, but when that happened, I was merely disappointed, not thinking that my world had ended. I just don't understand women whose worlds hinge on being liked by men.

Asking him to interact on a casual level is a good idea, but I just can't ever imagine getting up the guts to do it. I don't think that he should have to make the first move, because while I strongly believe in the chivalrous necessity of a man opening a woman's car door or pulling out her chair at a table, it's a bit archaic to expect him to do all the asking. However, for now, I'm just not comfortable with that. I'm not sure if he still has that girlfriend, and even if I was certain that he didn't, I guess that I'd rather be hopeful and do nothing than be shot down, mortified, and disappointed. I suppose that I'm getting in my own way by being too shy to ask, but while I think I won't be so shy about asking when I'm a few years older, for now, it's just the way that I am whether I like it or not. I'm not a risk-taker in the least- I evaluate situations and do what makes logical sense, and because of that, I think that directly asking him out would be the wrong decision for me. I suppose that I'm warring between two extremes, as I have been known to be incredibly indecisive on numerous occasions, and right now, having considered my inhibitions and all of the possible outcomes, the best choice keep doing what I've doing and not get my hopes up, but not let the possibility rest, either.

Sorry for the novel, and thank you so much for listening and offering advice. I find it far more beneficial to write out the particulars of situations like this and rationalize them than act immediately and do something foolish.

Scholar
#100 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 7:38 PM
Well, I don't know about a sweet love story...we've had a long difficult road and still have alot of "imperfections" in our marriage (that I suspect you're too young to know about ) . But I agree with you... that all consuming need alot of people have to have a boyfriend/girlfriend is not only unhealthy, but it leads to trouble (like people tolerating unacceptable behavior because they're afraid to be alone). You're young and have alot of living to do, and the cool thing is that you realise it and you're just enjoying being where you are.

Page 4 of 25