Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Blender 2.7 TS3 Tools v3.02 updated 5-2-14

by cmomoney Posted 15th Feb 2011 at 8:32 PM - Updated 2nd May 2014 at 4:08 PM by cmomoney

213 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 154 Feedback Posts, 58 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 9
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 12:57 AM
For those wanting to dive into Blender for the first time, check out their main site. They have dozens of great free tutorials on getting started and learning the program.
#27 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 7:55 AM
Default All Odds against God
Pandaarya and Almighty All,

Quote: Originally posted by pandaarya
im hoping that someone makes a tutorial for object creation using this instead of milkshape, this is a brilliant tool!

Agreed; especially if you're not a Windows' user.

Bless you all,

Eddie
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 7:11 PM
Great. but I wish someone could do this kinda thing for Google Sketch-up.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 8:17 AM Last edited by lenglel : 3rd Apr 2011 at 8:28 AM.
You can export to lightwave .obj format and use these import/export plugins for
sketchup. I'd post links instead of attaching, but they are very prone to 404 errors.
Caveat: You need to pay attention to object rotation when using these, and uv
mapping doesn't export from sketchup. So, you have to be able to do object
rotations in either milkshape or blender as well as the uv mapping. I found a
good series of beginner tutorials for blender at:
http://gryllus.net/Blender/LearningUnits1_5.html
and
http://gryllus.net/Blender/LearningUnits6_10.html

I think you'll find uv mapping in milkshape is easier than sketchup, once
you get the hang of it.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  sketchupOBJPlugins.rar (6.6 KB, 20 downloads)
Description: lightwave obj import/export sketchup plugins
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 11:04 PM
How about wallpaper? Can I make my own wallpaper on this?
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 11:21 AM
I tried installing it as per the instructions, but it's not showing up on the import/export list.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#32 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by decat
I tried installing it as per the instructions, but it's not showing up on the import/export list.

If you're trying to install this to the latest Blender version (2.57), it's not compatible yet. I have the updated version done with added features, I just have to test a little more and rewrite the instructions before updating.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 4:41 AM
Good Thanks But I dosen't Use
Forum Resident
#34 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 11:29 PM
cmo: can I help you test? I just got 2.57
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#35 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 4:20 PM
Updated: Now works with 2.57, and with whole mess of added features.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#36 Old 5th May 2011 at 10:06 PM
cmo, I'm using Blender 2.57b and under the File>Import and File>Export, it's not showing the .s3asc formats. I can however do it with the buttons under the properties window.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#37 Old 6th May 2011 at 12:37 PM
You're right. Thanks. I'll look into it.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#38 Old 9th May 2011 at 12:47 PM
Thank you for this!
Test Subject
#39 Old 11th May 2011 at 3:43 AM
I'm new to meshing, and am still trying to understand blender. When I tried to use this as an add on in the program, the icon shows up as a little running person and not a page with the blender logo on it. There aren't any import/export options either... is there a step I'm missing in downloading the tool?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#40 Old 11th May 2011 at 1:01 PM Last edited by cmomoney : 11th May 2011 at 2:22 PM.
The Blender logo in the add ons means that it is an official Blender addon. The running man means that it is an add on made by a member of the Blender community(i.e. me) and not an official add on. I was just informed about the options not showing up in the menus, and I'm working on that, but the import/export buttons in the panel work.

edit: Updated. Importer/exporter now show up in menu.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#41 Old 29th May 2011 at 7:55 PM
When I try to Import a .S3asc file i get an error message that its an invalid file.. *Runs and dies* I simply want to fix my Geostates but the process is proving to be a nightmare!!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#42 Old 29th May 2011 at 8:30 PM
It's because the filename is too long. Blender has a character limit for some strange reason.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#43 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 7:45 PM
Updated:6-2-11
added .s3asc filtering
addon now removes from menus when disabled

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#44 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 1:06 PM Last edited by hajimete : 4th Jun 2011 at 1:39 PM.
ok i have a problem, when i install the plug in
and want to try to make new poses for the sims 3: when selecting import, i can't see the "Source Engine" option in it.... the only thing it says it is Sims 3Mlod/Modl(.s3asc)

any help?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#45 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 3:04 PM
This is for objects only and not sims or poses. You're looking the the SMD tools, there's a link for it in the beginning of the pose tutorial.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 8:24 PM
thank you for making this blender tool (and for sharing it)! As I live outside the US/Europe and I don't have an international credit card, no matter how cheap it is, I can't buy Milkshape. So it's important that there are people like you in the Sims community who take time to create tools for Blender. Besides Blender is a great software, isn't it?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 2:30 PM
WOW, thank you so much man, i also think blender perfect for 3d, i've been looking for something like this for so long :D
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#48 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 8:06 PM
Updated: Somewhere in the updates i removed the ability to import/export multiple UVs. I put it back in with this update.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Forum Resident
#49 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 2:16 AM
So how do I import/export the two UVs, http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...5&goto=lastpost, I keep getting this error.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#50 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omegastarr82
So how do I import/export the two UVs, http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...5&goto=lastpost, I keep getting this error.

Updated to fix this export error, thanks.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Page 2 of 9