Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 5:18 AM
Default The burden of genius...
In my family, my father passed down intelligence and my mother passed down artistic skills.

However, I have to be very careful when explaining things to mom.

Here's why:
Today, my mother asked why I was after boxes that once held 12 750ml wine bottles for my dolls. I told her about keeping the dolls from getting rat's nest hair and I rambled on, she alerted to me that I broke her brain and she had carnival music playing in her head.

That's right, I broke her brain.

Keep in mind, my mother grew up in a poor part of NJ and my father grew up in the Princeton area, so along with Princeton being considered "Greatest City in the US", my father practically went into the family business in the science branch. My uncles and an aunt or two are artisans.

My question to you: "Does your talk of things you and a few others know tend to go over your loved ones' heads?"

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)