Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 10:33 PM Last edited by Prince Avalanche : 20th Sep 2014 at 11:13 PM.
Rat Snake
Today I found a Grey Rat Snake in the house here and I told it I was a friend and I won't hurt it. I put it outside in the front flowerbed and I think it was checking for rats in the house for me to eat. That was quite exciting. What do you think about the Rat Snake?

Prince Avalanche
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 10:54 PM
I think it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 11:13 PM
That sounds like a good idea.

Prince Avalanche
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 10:34 PM
Personally I think they are a good snake to have around when you live in a rural area like I do. I have 1 in my back part of my "yard" (2 1/4 acres--I hate mowing--ack)--I also have a corn snake out there & a southern black racer. The last 1 I have to keep moving of my back porch so I don't step on it when I go out the back door.

Kindnesses from our heart goes much farther than we shall ever know :-)

The best things in life are all the little things
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 2:16 AM
Sounds good and I live in a rural area also.

Prince Avalanche
Theorist
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 4:37 PM
I wouldn't know a rat snake from a deadly snake, so I think I would have run away screaming for my life and called Animal Control to come remove it.

Resident wet blanket.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:40 PM
That is a very good idea in case it was a poisonous snake.

Prince Avalanche
Theorist
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 4:24 PM
"Sorry, can't help you with that poisonous snake. I've got these sacks. Maybe some other time."
Theorist
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 8:00 PM
I'll have to remember the sack idea for when I go out and get the mail. Never know when a neighbor might be in a chatty mood.

Resident wet blanket.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 2:51 PM
Rat Snakes ain't poisonous and they are very beneficial because they eat rats and mice.

Prince Avalanche
Field Researcher
#11 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:43 PM
They also eat those BIG ole flying palmettos bugs that I dislike so much--so am glad the snakes are here in my yard :-)

Kindnesses from our heart goes much farther than we shall ever know :-)

The best things in life are all the little things