Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#76 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 2:08 AM
My sim got hit by a meteor and died. Is that new or could that always happen?
Advertisement
Retired
retired moderator
#77 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iheartcowcapoos
oh yeah has anyone put the fire pole in their house yet to use instead of stairs? apparently it's possible to substitute it for stairs, but i havent put it in my own home yet. can kids use the fire pole?

It's possible, but it's also DAMNED ANNOYING. You see, the game classes them as Athletic skilling objects. Very, very attractive Athletic skilling objects. Inactive Sims literally queue up to climb from one floor to another, then back. Over and over and over.

One per household is tolerable. But I really want to see a mod that makes Sims ignore them unless they *need* to go somewhere.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#78 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
It's possible, but it's also DAMNED ANNOYING. You see, the game classes them as Athletic skilling objects. Very, very attractive Athletic skilling objects. Inactive Sims literally queue up to climb from one floor to another, then back. Over and over and over.

Hehehehehe. While annoying, there is something amusing about Sims obsessing over certain objects (swings in TS2 come immediately to mind).

Still, I suppose if I had a fire pole in my apartment, I'd use it all the time whether I needed to get anywhere or not. :D

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Field Researcher
#79 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 5:39 PM
So, the Grim Reaper shows up now wearing a beret and slacks. Guess he stopped by the Salon autonomously for a makeover.

"Let zee bebes cry, mon vieillard, eet ees now, how you say, TIME TO DIE."
Forum Resident
#80 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by putowtin
I detonated someone elses expensive sports car, my sim got a warning, but I can still imagine the other sim walking around looking for their car!
"I'm sure I parked it here!"

Dude, Where's My Car

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 6:02 PM
I finally took the time to go thru' the whole "buy" catalog -- there's quite a bit of furniture and knick-knacks that I didn't see in the previews. I like the lockers a lot, and there's a beautiful bed with a padded headboard, an ottoman-type coffee table, and the dresser with molding is very nice.
Test Subject
#82 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 9:58 PM
I use the firepole in stead of stairs in a small house. There's a laundry basket upstairs and I was little worried how they would go about the actual doing laundry business with the machinery downstairs.. but the sims actually slide down with one hand, the laundry bag in another. Same with books. The firepole has worked for me really well. Only downside is that if your sim doesn't have some athletic skill it can take ages to actually get upstairs; they just keep falling and sliding off until they at some point finally reach the upper floor.
Scholar
#83 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Winterhart
Dude, Where's My Car

try blowing them up in the junk yard no fines and i scored 2000 scrap from blowing up a really expensive one parked there!!
Field Researcher
#84 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 12:02 AM
you can drag the job performance bar up like you can with the needs if you enabled testingcheatsenabled true.
i got frustrated because i had sold over ยง400 worth of inventions and it still hadnt registered that i'd made any money and i hadnt moved up in job performance (as registered inventor) so i drug the thing out of frustration and discovered that it actually worked heh heh.

has anyone else run into the problem with the self employed inventor career not registering that you've sold anything?
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iheartcowcapoos
has anyone else run into the problem with the self employed inventor career not registering that you've sold anything?

I heard somewhere that selling stuff to the Consignment Store won't work for advancing in self-employed careers. Were you selling your stuff there?
Retired
retired moderator
#86 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 1:46 AM
Okay, I have to admit, EA have done something quite cute with this addition: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/212002.page

Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#87 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 2:42 AM
Hah, awesome
Instructor
#88 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 3:06 AM
I had a sim paint a medium painting and it was of a house with a UFO abducting 2 people from the house. Has anyone else had this painting happen in their game?
Field Researcher
#89 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chronicle
I heard somewhere that selling stuff to the Consignment Store won't work for advancing in self-employed careers. Were you selling your stuff there?

yeah that's where i was selling them. where else are we supposed to sell them..? the inventory?
Retired
retired moderator
#90 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 4:14 AM
For now, use the inventory. I've seen SimGurus acknowledge that the Consignment Store is a bit glitched atm. Hopefully we'll see a patch sooner rather than later.

Lab Assistant
#91 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by teacc
I love how the neighborhood seems so much more lively now. I made my sim drill in the middle of the night, and she got a visit from angry neighbors right away !

*THAT'S* why I had a lot of angry and enemy Sims all of a sudden... I was drilling at night! *face palm and laughs*
Forum Resident
#92 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 6:59 AM
Default Stylist
When you do a makeover you can save the Sim you are working on to the bin. :lovestruc

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Field Researcher
#93 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Winterhart
When you do a makeover you can save the Sim you are working on to the bin. :lovestruc

Ooh, I didn't know that! I was wondering if you could, but I haven't styled enough sims to actually want to save them to the bin yet.
Scholar
#94 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 12:32 PM
you can stack ghost containers on top of 1 another
Field Researcher
#95 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by teacc
I love how the neighborhood seems so much more lively now. I made my sim drill in the middle of the night, and she got a visit from angry neighbors right away !

This happened to me the other day. I was doing something with another sim, then I switched to my drilling sim and found 10 people standing around in the yard. xD

I like that children and toddlers can play peekaboo. It's SO KYOT.

Also, if a child has a teddy bear in his/her inventory when he/she sleeps, he gets a unique moodlet. :3

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoSombra
Also, if a child has a teddy bear in his/her inventory when he/she sleeps, he gets a unique moodlet. :3

Different from the one that's already in the basegame? o:

I give all my children Mummy Bears, anyway. They're adorable. <3
Field Researcher
#97 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
For now, use the inventory. I've seen SimGurus acknowledge that the Consignment Store is a bit glitched atm. Hopefully we'll see a patch sooner rather than later.

hmm yes i seemed to notice this.. it wont let me sell gems OR paintings at consign. store even though you can buy paintings and gems...
and one time i went and sold a ton of inventions and i didnt even get money for any of it
Mad Poster
#98 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 3:27 AM
I discovered a (very) tiny thing - that you can recolor your gnubb game - even each piece separately if you want.
Mad Poster
#99 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 5:23 AM
Ya know, I wasn't really gonna get this expansion pack. Thought I'd wait until a Sims 3 Seasons came out, but you guys just make it sound so freaking awesome I WANT IT!!

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Retired
retired moderator
#100 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 6:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dreamydre
Ya know, I wasn't really gonna get this expansion pack. Thought I'd wait until a Sims 3 Seasons came out, but you guys just make it sound so freaking awesome I WANT IT!!

It's certainly not perfect, but it is better than I had expected.

Page 4 of 5