Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 5:53 PM
Default Swim in Ponds? Enabled for Daredevil Sims...
So, I got amazingly surprised yesterday when I saw that Eliza had the option to Extreem Swim in the pond where she was fishing.
WHAT?!? you CAN???
How is this possible....

This is in Monte Vista. I hope you will recognise this place, as I do not know what it is called.
(Sorry for the weird lighting, I used one step photo fix in my PSP for all the pics, because you cannot see anything at night.)

Eliza is a daredevil one and since the swim interaction clearly has to do with this trait..

This is so cool. Not only can the daredevil sims extinguish fires without panic, they can swim in ponds man!!!!!!

Not posting in the today`s discovery tread..as I am not even sure yet what happened..or if this is a wonderful bug...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 7:17 PM
Just wondering, was this on a different elevation from the sealevel?
Banned
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 8:17 PM
Now is there a mod that enables it non-autonomously?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 8:19 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 22nd Jul 2015 at 8:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Just wondering, was this on a different elevation from the sealevel?

I thought of something like this...but I have no idea what height map or whatever is Monte Vista built with.
I also read, that sims will be able to swim in ponds, if it has a slope leading to the water like ocean have, and if the said pond is located on non-residential lots.
After of course, I jumped in here to post.

Quote: Originally posted by Aaron4Ever
Now is there a mod that enables it non-autonomously?

Not sure about your question here, but the option to swim was there, and I directed her to do this.
I am not using an autonomous swim in ponds mod. Maybe that pond has the proper shore/slope that Sims needs in order to enter and swim, and maybe the daredevil trait has nothing to do with this. Like I said, I am not even sure what happened.
I will play with another not-daredevil sim to see if he can do it too.

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 9:33 PM
Hm, this is not a lot, is it? So the pond will count as ocean. All Sims can swim in lakes and ponds that are not on lots. Sorry to be the party pooper here.
Scholar
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 10:28 PM
hm...i see no lot like this in MV
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 1:08 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 23rd Jul 2015 at 1:52 AM.
If this is not a lot..then what is it? I have not built it..Oh..you meant, a lot you place...like this "spot" would be on the world not built on a lot..k..yeah, that must be it

Quote: Originally posted by jenieusa
hm...i see no lot like this in MV

Read what I wrote..I am even asking if anyone recognise this place...aka if you have MV, you already saw this spot, because it comes with Monte Vista.
I have to go back into game, and see where it is exactly...

And I just went to look, the black goldfish is a lake fish, not an ocean fish...which adds some fascination into my brain.
So yes! Mystery solved...for me anyways. This is not ON a lot...nothing to do with daredevil trait, and oh boy am I happy. I had no idea it was possible.
Screenshots

Scholar
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 1:57 AM
lol ok ok....i see it now...and remember it...

yep its not a lot... so sims can swim there...