Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 10:30 PM
Default boolProp constrainfloorelevation false not working Win7
Okay, I've seen all the posts about Sims 2 not being designed/supported for win7 and such. And I have managed to copy my sims 2 game from a XP machine to a Windows 7 laptop, but recently found there are issues that I can't seem to work around. Latest is that the boolprop elevation cheat doesn't work.
And before anyone asks, yes, I followed the tut EXACTLY. When I go in to the cheat and activate it, it acts as if it isn't activated.
EXAMPLE: Trying to create a curved roof, following the tuts, input the cheat, and when I try to adjust the ground under a wall, it says I can't cause there is a wall there. Same as it would if the cheat was turned off.
Does anyone know of ways to fix this, or work arounds? After all, I can't level anything involving walls and that means my current project comes to a halt.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 4:02 PM
It seems very unlikely that your problem is related to your operating system. Have you done the entire Game_Help:Game_Problemwiki FAQ?

As an alternative: you could try the TS2GridAdjuster (see my profile for details).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 6:07 PM
After some research, found a post about creating a userstartup cheat file that created easy one letter shortcuts for the cheats. After creating it then deleting it, the cheats started working. So problem solved. I now have a two story Hangar for my Asimska College, LOL.
Site Helper
#4 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 2:04 AM
Sounds like the problem was a spelling or capitalization error in the cheat.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 12:53 AM
Nope, I checked, and usually if you do that on my copy, it says there is an error and the cheat was inputed incorrectly.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies