Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by caccigirl
I have all of my game discs, that will definitely be how I'm installing them.

How do I go about patching my game to 1.67, and what is SuperPatch? (apologies for all of the questions. again, it's been ages since I've even thought about Sims and I'm more than a little outside the current loop). Thank you again.
Cass

Good to hear you have all the discs..

Here's the link where to download super patch 1.67.02.0240xx update.exe (about 1.2gb in size) : http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page

How to patch your game after you've downloaded it, install TS3 BG followed by its EPs and SPs (from the earliest to the latest one), once all have been installed then run the superpatch 1.67 update.exe file

Once it's done, your game became 1.67, don't run it just yet, because you need to get your GTX965M graphic recognized by TS3 1st, open and edit your GraphicCard.sgr, in the Nvidia's list.. replace the GTX660M device ID with your GTX965M ID, so your GTX965M will run downgraded as the GTX660M because GTX965M is not on TS3 GraphicCard.sgr list, once you're done, save and closed it, now it's time for you to run TS3 for the 1st in your laptop.., set up your resolution from TS3 main menu, exit to restart the game, now before you start playing your TS3, now it's time to install the FPS limiter for TS3 or you can make new FPS limiter profile for TS3 with Nvidia Inspector to protect your gpus..

Note (for Win 10): if everything required by Win 10 to run your gpu's driver properly were installed as its came with Win 10 pre-installed when you bought it, you won't have any problem, but if it's not.., then it's more likely you need to install the .Net3FX(3.5 included) for Win 10, Win 10 need this .Net framework for its gpus drivers to work properly.., this is why I told you to have a copy of Win 10 installer of your own because that's where you can get the .Net3FX(3.5 included) installer, and here is the link how to install it : http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=570283 (look for post #19 how to install the .Net3FX for Win 10)

Edited: don't forget to disabled your OneDrive, in W10 OneDrive automatically run by default, if you don't disabled it.. your TS3 Docs folder will go to the OneDrive instead of your HDD..
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
Good to hear you have all the discs..

Here's the link where to download super patch 1.67.02.0240xx update.exe (about 1.2gb in size) : http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page

How to patch your game after you've downloaded it, install TS3 BG followed by its EPs and SPs (from the earliest to the latest one), once all have been installed then run the superpatch 1.67 update.exe file

Once it's done, your game became 1.67, don't run it just yet, because you need to get your GTX965M graphic recognized by TS3 1st, open and edit your GraphicCard.sgr, in the Nvidia's list.. replace the GTX660M device ID with your GTX965M ID, so your GTX965M will run downgraded as the GTX660M because GTX965M is not on TS3 GraphicCard.sgr list, once you're done, save and closed it, now it's time for you to run TS3 for the 1st in your laptop.., set up your resolution from TS3 main menu, exit to restart the game, now before you start playing your TS3, now it's time to install the FPS limiter for TS3 or you can make new FPS limiter profile for TS3 with Nvidia Inspector to protect your gpus..

Note (for Win 10): if everything required by Win 10 to run your gpu's driver properly were installed as its came with Win 10 pre-installed when you bought it, you won't have any problem, but if it's not.., then it's more likely you need to install the .Net3FX(3.5 included) for Win 10, Win 10 need this .Net framework for its gpus drivers to work properly.., this is why I told you to have a copy of Win 10 installer of your own because that's where you can get the .Net3FX(3.5 included) installer, and here is the link how to install it : http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=570283 (look for post #19 how to install the .Net3FX for Win 10)

Edited: don't forget to disabled your OneDrive, in W10 OneDrive automatically run by default, if you don't disabled it.. your TS3 Docs folder will go to the OneDrive instead of your HDD..

Ill admit I'm not 100% clear on all of the directions you've given me, as far as everything done after patching the game to 1.67 goes...

Could you clarify, why is there the need to get TS3 to recognize my graphic? (what would happen if I were to just start up the game and start playing directly after patching?), out of curiosity? Also, might there be a clearer/more detailed step-by-step guide to this process you could link me to?

I really appreciate your help, thank you so much again.
Cass
Instructor
#29 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 9:38 AM
Could you clarify, why is there the need to get TS3 to recognize my graphic? (what would happen if I were to just start up the game and start playing directly after patching?)

Because GTX965M is a newer generation of graphic card than the GTX660M for TS3, therefore GTX965M is not listed in the GraphicCard.sgr, if you just start playing without having TS3 to recognized it, you're more likely having potential issues in the future, because TS3 will run it as maximum as it can be, for example TS3 might run your GTX965M as powerful as GTX980, which is way ahead of the GTX965M's max performance, so TS3 might stressed out your GTX965M if you don't get your GTX965M recognized as GTX660M, GTX660M is about the same class or slightly lower class from your GTX965M, and the GTX6xx series are the latest Nvidia line-up that recognized by TS3 1.67 and listed in the GraphiccCard.sgr file

Just follow the link Nitromon has posted above, where to find the GraphicCard.sgr file, it's located in your TS3 BG installation file, by default it should be in C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\ElectronicArts\TheSims3\Game\Bin\.. folder, open and edit it with Notepad..

And as for FPS Limiter, if you don't install it for TS3, it will slowly kill your GPUs, because TS3 don't have cap for it, FPS Limiter will protect your GPUs and also help gameplay performance in general..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
Because GTX965M is a newer generation of graphic card than the GTX660M for TS3, therefore GTX965M is not listed in the GraphicCard.sgr, if you just start playing without having TS3 to recognized it, you're more likely having potential issues in the future, because TS3 will run it as maximum as it can be, for example TS3 might run your GTX965M as powerful as GTX980, which is way ahead of the GTX965M's max performance, so TS3 might stressed out your GTX965M if you don't get your GTX965M recognized as GTX660M, GTX660M is about the same class or slightly lower class from your GTX965M, and the GTX6xx series are the latest Nvidia line-up that recognized by TS3 1.67 and listed in the GraphiccCard.sgr file

Just follow the link Nitromon has posted above, where to find the GraphicCard.sgr file, it's located in your TS3 BG installation file, by default it should be in C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\ElectronicArts\TheSims3\Game\Bin\.. folder, open and edit it with Notepad..

And as for FPS Limiter, if you don't install it for TS3, it will slowly kill your GPUs, because TS3 don't have cap for it, FPS Limiter will protect your GPUs and also help gameplay performance in general..

Will do, thank you!

Also, is there a way to patch to an earlier patch? I'm currently installing all of my Sims EPs, and it's basically needing me to update before it'll install. So, assuming it's patching me to 1.69, is there any way I can somewhat reverse-patch to 1.67?
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 2:33 AM
Also, is there a way to patch to an earlier patch? I'm currently installing all of my Sims EPs, and it's basically needing me to update before it'll install. So, assuming it's patching me to 1.69, is there any way I can somewhat reverse-patch to 1.67?

For information on Patch 1.69 see This Document - Patch 1.69. This document detail what the patch does and it's impact and there is information at the bottom detailing the criteria for reversing back to 1.67.
Instructor
#32 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 8:20 PM
So, assuming it's patching me to 1.69, is there any way I can somewhat reverse-patch to 1.67?

I don't know if you can reverse it back, but if you have all the discs and the superpatch 1.67, just uninstall all of TS3 1.69 completely, clean everything related to TS3 in windows registry editor, type regedit in the cortana box, (then in windows registry editor) navigate to HKEY_Current_User\Software\ElectronicArts\.. and delete "Sims 3" folder, then go to navigate to HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\WOW6432NODE\Sims, and just delete all TS3 related stuff inside "Sims" folder or you can just remove the "Sims" folder altogether, this will clean up TS3 from Windows Registry.., restart your Windows to complete cleaning up from Windows registry..

And now the 2nd step to make sure your TS3 is 100% cleaned from 1.69, now open your Windows Explorer, from here you'll need to go to change the View to show your hidden folders and files, click on the View tab from your Windows Explorer, hover your mouse to Options and click Change Folder and Search Options, a new small Windows will pop out, click the "View" tab, and then click the "Show hidden folders, files and drives", then click Ok.., (NOTE: reverse this 2nd steps to hide back your hidden files when all done)

Now go to navigate your C drive, navigate to Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Temp\.., you can delete all of them inside this Temp drive, it will eliminate the rest of the TS3 from the previous temp installation files and also other previous temp installation files, you can safely delete all of them, it won't harm your Win 10 OS even if you delete everything inside this Temp folder, everything needed here from Win 10.. will be recreated automatically by Win 10, once you deleted them, you'll need to restart your laptop one more time, and then just re-install TS3 from your disc all over again..

When it requires some update before the EPs and/or SPs installation (as you said so) and you don't have the related update for the EPs/SPs you're trying to install, just patch your TS3 BG to 1.67 first, then install all your EPs and SPs, click yes or continue when warning about newer patch installed when installing EPs or SPs, but then after you're done installing all your EPs SPs, you'll need to re-patch them with the superpatch 1.67 one more time..

From here you need to get your gpus recognized by TS3 again, install your FPS limiter again, disconnect your internet for temporary to un-check the automatic update from TS3 Launcher menu (to prevent it automatically updating to 1.69 without you knowing), exit the Launcher, and just start the game with by-passing the Launcher with your FPS Limiter, only launch the TS3 Launcher when you need to install some CC when you need to, for start playing your TS3, just make the FPS Limiter to launch the TS3W.exe file instead of Sims3LauncherW.exe, this will by pass the launcher with FPS limiter activated and help you stay away from 1.69
Page 2 of 2