Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 1:40 AM
Default Intresting thing I've noticed...
So here's a question for you all, what do you consider a "Townie" in the game?

My view is any homeless sims that are in the background of the game.

But I've heard people call like The Pancakes in Sims 4 Townies which is just weird to me!

Don't Cry for me I'm ordinary and unimportant
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 2:05 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 20th Mar 2019 at 12:52 PM.
I'd say all sims that aren't NPCs with jobs or special tasks (postman, social worker, taxi divers, Humble, Crumplebottom, etc.), and don't live in houses.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 4:15 AM
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 7:02 AM
My guess is Sims 4 given mention in the OP. I don't know this really feels like another one of those topics that cover all games and belongs in an all games forum that Delphy seemingly refuses to add.

OT; Anyone who isn't service NPC and has no home. So this would include Sims I create that sit in the Sim bin unplayed.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 11:20 AM
Maybe I'm looking at it all wrong, but if people are calling the Pancakes family "townies", they might not be referring to what the game refers to as a 'townie' and more another name for 'hipster'? People round here refer to hipster's as "townies". That's just a thought though, I've only played Sims 4 once.

From my understanding of Sims 1&2, townie's are sims that visit the neighbourhood but don't have a house there (therefore are unplayable) and can only be played once moved in (e.g. Grim Reaper wouldn't be a "townie" because in normal game mechanics he can't be moved in).

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge