Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#9976 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 8:39 PM
It would be nice to have given all the instruments sequencers and the ability to save the compositions with the neighbourhood.
Advertisement
Inventor
#9977 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 9:16 PM
A collection plate or donation box for churches or other charitable community services lots. I know there's the bandatron, but I'm thinking something more voluntary like a tip jar so that visitors aren't forced to pay to visit. Maybe the more nice a person is, the more likely they would be to donate and more likely to give a higher amount. And maybe the more mean and playful a sim is, the more likely they would try to steal from it. It would be even more fun if it affected reputation (good for donation, bad for stealing) and witnesses would yell at a thief like they do if someone nicks a newspaper. Players could also direct a sim to donate or steal varying amounts.
Forum Resident
#9978 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
You forget the fact that it goes with NONE of all other instrument...so it is impossible to have a singer..for..Jazz/Rock/Country band. This is what annoys me.

I wonder if it would be possible to borrow the audio files from the corresponding radio stations. Unfortunately, you wouldn't really have the difference in quality as skill levels built... unless you warped the audio from the songs and somehow layered them accordingly. I dont know if any of the jazz songs have lyrics, but the rock & country stations do. They're just not necessarily going to differentiate for whether a teen or a kid or an adult is singing. Male and female, i think you have lyrical options on each station. Would anybody wanna volunteer to record some songs in simlish? You don't have to be any good... we need starter levels through expert! hahaha...

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#9979 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 4:22 AM
grinevilly--I know there are a few of us here who are professional musicians. I'm a cellist and have a decent soprano, especially if you need someone to fake boy soprano. If we had someone who really wanted to do the coding, we probably have enough musicians here to put together something. I don't have my own recording studio, but I know several people who do.

I have the Printer Sisters band from LGU with Dixie Land on piano and Anna Graham on mic. I'd wanted to put Dixie on mic, but she needs the tips as a fortune sim to keep her aspiration up. The whole thing kind of gives me a headache, but they look cute performing together. It would be nice to have the violin and mic join the band and the mic be able to perform for tips, too.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#9980 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 5:28 PM
On stereos, but not on pianos.

My sims play Beethoven. They play the Moonlight Sonata.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#9981 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 5:54 PM
The Synthesizer (yay I even spelt it right) is the closest we got to creating our own composition. Though imagine If they not just carried said customization similar from that instrument to the microphone, but also allowed to pick an existing lyrics from the simlish music-audio files played on the stereos. Then again, the voice actors might need to know how to sing so the voices remain the same of the Sim.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#9982 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
I wonder if it would be possible to borrow the audio files from the corresponding radio stations. Unfortunately, you wouldn't really have the difference in quality as skill levels built... unless you warped the audio from the songs and somehow layered them accordingly. I dont know if any of the jazz songs have lyrics, but the rock & country stations do. They're just not necessarily going to differentiate for whether a teen or a kid or an adult is singing. Male and female, i think you have lyrical options on each station. Would anybody wanna volunteer to record some songs in simlish? You don't have to be any good... we need starter levels through expert! hahaha...

-gE
>=)

But it would still not go along the UNI instruments. When you ask a sim to perform...Jazz/Rock/Country.
The piano has its own track, the bass..the guitar and the drum. All have their own tracks, just as in real...lol
From not talented to creativity 10. Besides, even if we would invent lyrics to go along with each tune(there is only one song per style, so 3 songs/tunes), and find a way to add perform/join on the mic... It would never resembles *the* adult female/adult male/teen female/teen male voice.
The only song they can perform on it is...Le Bronco....0_o and we are stuck with it.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Forum Resident
#9983 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 7:39 PM
I'm longing for a mod to make the fireplaces completely fire-proof </3 I have the "forever burning fireplaces" mod which works well, but yeah, it would be nice to have a mod like that
Forum Resident
#9984 Old 1st May 2019 at 3:44 AM
Quote:
I have the Printer Sisters band from LGU with Dixie Land on piano and Anna Graham on mic.

@Sunbee -- that is an outstanding name! Anna Graham... hahaha! Would be great to pair her up with Louis Friend ("Silence of the Lambs" reference)

But it would still not go along the UNI instruments. When you ask a sim to perform...Jazz/Rock/Country.
The piano has its own track, the bass..the guitar and the drum. All have their own tracks, just as in real...lol
From not talented to creativity 10. Besides, even if we would invent lyrics to go along with each tune(there is only one song per style, so 3 songs/tunes), and find a way to add perform/join on the mic... It would never resembles *the* adult female/adult male/teen female/teen male voice.
The only song they can perform on it is...Le Bronco....0_o and we are stuck with it.

Eh! Who's gonna know? hahahha... =)

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#9985 Old 1st May 2019 at 3:55 AM
@Sunbee -- that is an outstanding name! Anna Graham... hahaha! Would be great to pair her up with Louis Friend ("Silence of the Lambs" reference)

Eh! Who's gonna know? hahahha... =)

-gE
>=)

@grinevilly They are all from Peni Griffin's neighborhoods. Anna Graham is one of the Dormies from Land Grant University, Dixie Land is a playable from Widespot. JoAnne Gutenberg, Dot Matrix, and Daisy Wheels are the other three band members, who all start as playables in LGU.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#9986 Old 1st May 2019 at 4:49 AM
Sims 3 style moodlets in the form of temporary memories (dunno if that is possible but it'd be fun to try). After a set amount of hours, the moodlet-memories would be deleted unless something resets their timers. The moodlet timers could be viewed by mousing over the portraits on the skewer, and perhaps the HUD portrait itself, just like you would with the vacation benefits and potion buffs. Kinda the best of both worlds - along with the traits mod.
Alchemist
#9987 Old 1st May 2019 at 10:40 PM
Moodlets based on vacation perks could be possible. Those already exist, and are already timed. Maybe someone will get enthused.
Mad Poster
#9988 Old 2nd May 2019 at 5:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
Moodlets based on vacation perks could be possible. Those already exist, and are already timed. Maybe someone will get enthused.

Where can I find them? I'm talking about moodlets that display as temporary memories and show a countdown, and not just for vacation perks or potions.
Alchemist
#9989 Old 2nd May 2019 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Where can I find them? I'm talking about moodlets that display as temporary memories and show a countdown, and not just for vacation perks or potions.
Sorry, I think I wasn't clear. I mean they exist in-game, not as a mod. Perhaps an enterprising modder looking for a challenge will take it up.
Theorist
#9990 Old 2nd May 2019 at 5:38 PM
I'd like to see a mod that allows for playable sims in the same career track be the carpool driver that comes to pick up the current playable.

If you can bring them home, then why can't they take you to work? hmmm
Forum Resident
#9991 Old 2nd May 2019 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I'd like to see a mod that allows for playable sims in the same career track be the carpool driver that comes to pick up the current playable.

If you can bring them home, then why can't they take you to work? hmmm

@CaliBrat - Piggybacking off that... If you could phone a friend to carpool with. It'd be a phone option. Call a fellow sim and ask them if you can carpool with them. In particular, I'd like this for teens to be able to drive to school together, or maybe even one of the youngin's mom/dad drive by and pick up all the kids to take them to school. Might work easier for school, since you know they all have the same start/stop times. Same career track, but different levels might not have similar hours. But i think that's a neat idea of yours.

-gE
>=)
Theorist
#9992 Old 3rd May 2019 at 12:51 AM
@CaliBrat - Piggybacking off that... If you could phone a friend to carpool with. It'd be a phone option. Call a fellow sim and ask them if you can carpool with them. In particular, I'd like this for teens to be able to drive to school together, or maybe even one of the youngin's mom/dad drive by and pick up all the kids to take them to school. Might work easier for school, since you know they all have the same start/stop times. Same career track, but different levels might not have similar hours. But i think that's a neat idea of yours.

-gE
>=)

very true 'bout the hours ... so maybe instead of career track then sims that have the same hours ... that'd give a wider variety of who could be picked ... and then whomever was picked it gave you a known tick as some relationship points ... then you could always call them to further the friendship...

I understand the need for NPC's in a new game with not many playables, but I much prefer the idea of an intergrated hood (not that I've been able to establish one myself as of yet ... lol). I know for most NPC's you can talk with, date, move in, and/ or marry them, but when ya do that the game generates a new NPC to take their place. I just wish that the NPC jobs could be done by playables if there were playables to perform said job.

I know I'm dreamin pie in the sky dreams again :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9993 Old 3rd May 2019 at 1:53 AM
The best that I have found is to give my playables NPC jobs and make the NPC look like my playable. There is still something slightly off about them, but that's as close as I can find. From a distance it's quite believable.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9994 Old 3rd May 2019 at 2:01 AM
What do you do when you see them both on community lot?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#9995 Old 3rd May 2019 at 5:14 PM
You could have your car pool drivers wear the same outfit as your sims work outfit so they at least look like they are going to work at the same place.
CJH_DriverClothes.zip (1.4 kB), not tested below M&G
Mad Poster
#9996 Old 3rd May 2019 at 8:49 PM
I defaulted the driver outfits with these. Now I pretend that the carpool drivers are rideshare drivers instead.
Field Researcher
#9997 Old 3rd May 2019 at 9:36 PM
I wish we could build our own computers using something like DeeDee's woodworking bench tbh. I want computers to be something crafted and earned and just buying it from the catalog is going against the spirit of the challenge I created for my new hood -3-

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Theorist
#9998 Old 3rd May 2019 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Steffyn
I wish we could build our own computers using something like DeeDee's woodworking bench tbh. I want computers to be something crafted and earned and just buying it from the catalog is going against the spirit of the challenge I created for my new hood -3-

A sorta work around would be to have them use the robot station and once they've mastered the gold badge it means they've can or have built their own computer.
Mad Poster
#9999 Old 3rd May 2019 at 10:52 PM
Simwardrobe had a repairable/refurbishable computer that you can repair and replace parts. There are six .zip files to download. Make sure you get all of them. (I've never used this myself.)

https://simfileshare.net/folder/15693/
Forum Resident
#10000 Old 3rd May 2019 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Steffyn

I thought a good way to make this happen would be through using the "tinker" option with a crappy computer, to sort of upgrade it. I always felt that tinkering ought to do more than give enthusiasm and break crap. Tinker should have given a chance to enhanced objects. For instance, successfully tinkering could've added +1 room score or +1 fun to certain items. Maybe open a HAM radio station if you tinker with the radio. Maybe "steal cable" if you tinker with the TV, to add a few extra stations. Successful tinker with the shower? +1 hygiene. Stove, fridge or other appliances? +1 hunger. ...or higher food capacity, maybe? Not sure what dish washer tinkering ought to do... haha. Tinkering with the car should open unlockable custom car accessories... i'd always wanted to make car accessories, so you could take your car out for other things than alarm installation! Dual exhaust, roll bars, flood lights, undercarriage lighting (DAMN YOU, Lighting!!), etc. It would've made tinkering so much more enjoyable. There could've been multiple unlockables for a variety of objects, so that way, you never know which objects are enhanceable, or what enhancements you might discover.

Back to computers... tinkering should've made you able to customize and enhance the appearance, too. And the hacking code from University should have allowed sims who are not at college to hack into other items. Maybe a parent could hack into the school and increase their child's grades... or enroll them in private school illegally. Maybe hack your bills to ward off the Repo man? Maybe hack the banks to increase your bank account. Hack work to increase your job performance? All, of course, with an option for failure, which could lead to job loss, or serious penalties [On an aside, i'd always thought "JAIL" would be a cool mod. Your law breaking sim could get hauled off by the cops, like the burglars do. On their thumbnail, there'd be prison bars, and they'd be removed from the lot for several days, depending on the severity of the crime and/or the number of convictions. Thinking on that, it might be pretty cool if there was a chance card, that they could find ways to "beat the charges" and be released in a few hours... I wish i were a better coder! Ooooh, the places we'd go!]

-gE
>=)
Page 400 of 580