Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#18251 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The nice thing about accessories (and clothes) is that you can enable them to show up in the categories you want them to show for, regardless of which outfit you cloned them from or recolored.

You can also make several accessories show up at the same time on the same sim by changing the "bin" number. I've got a system for my accessories that makes similar accessories mutually exclusive, but at the same time work with other accessories - there's one number for hats/bows, one for glasses, one for face masks/pacifiers, one for each hand, etc., and if I need two to show up in roughly the same spot but want them to show up together, I just make a new number and put it in my list with a description of what it does). This means that if I click through ten different hats, only one will show on the sim - but the sim can still wear a scarf and a handbag.

Yes! i realised how it sounded...now that I re read myself. lol
Yes, indeed. But since my acc. is made to be only available while in Outerwear, it still won't show up in undies. This is what the original poster want.
I also made it to be layer-able...but I do not remember the exact process, though I have the tut for it.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#18252 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 1:50 AM
Layerable is done through bin numbers (which was the second part of my explanation).

IIn my accessory tutorial I've got a list of most of the bin numbers I've used. Strictly not needed (you can make your own as long as they're not the same numbers used in default accessories), but I put them up there just in case anyone wanted to use them for their own projects.
Alchemist
#18253 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 12:06 AM
Is this really a thing? I've heard of lots of people saying that Windows 10 was a problem, but no one saying it was fixed before I happened to see this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_13tAJnYXLI
Mad Poster
#18254 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 12:36 AM
Wow..true, how come I never heard of this?
This means, I could fix it so my daughter can play on her Win 10 laptop...Problem is for us, is that she wants everything I have, which includes Program Files, the Hood,s she has been playing in and all..and I have SC2.
But still, this is great news! Thanks @Sunrader

Alchemist
#18255 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Wow..true, how come I never heard of this?
This means, I could fix it so my daughter can play on her Win 10 laptop...Problem is for us, is that she wants everything I have, which includes Program Files, the Hood,s she has been playing in and all..and I have SC2.
But still, this is great news! Thanks @Sunrader

I don't know, though. I've never heard it either. That's why I'm asking if it's true. But people do play on Win 10 so surprised you haven't already made that happen.
Scholar
#18256 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 1:08 AM
Playable restaurants: Would the lot function just fine as a visitable if I only hire a waiter and host (my playable Sim being the chef)?

Apartments: I forgot to furnish the other units and create a common area for the gatherings before I moved a Sim into a unit. Is it too late?

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Mad Poster
#18257 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 1:23 AM
If you want to make any more changes to the common area or other apartments, you'll have to move the playable out, change the lot zoning back to residential, make the changes, then change lot to apartment again. Even if you use a cheat to make build changes in the common area, they'll only be good for the unit you had open when you used the cheat, and only until the current sim moves out.

The thing to remember when making apartments is, that you don't play the base lot. When you move a sim in, the game makes a copy of the base lot, and that's what you're playing that sim in. Move another sim in, it makes a new copy. Move the first sim out, the copy you were playing with him is gone forever.

You don't actually need furnishings in the unoccupied units. It'll just look a little weird if your playable goes visiting.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#18258 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 3:32 AM
What happens to retail items (magazine stands, clothing racks, etc) if I use zoning tricks so that they're placed in the community space of an apartment lot? Will they crash things? Will they just be static and un-interactable?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18259 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 4:17 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 26th Mar 2019 at 4:32 AM.
No they should work, but since the sims need to pay for them at a cash register you really need to add that and tell people to get the mod shopping on Apartment lots. A lot of people who will download the lot probably already have the mod. Otherwise, just make a pretend shop with items sims can't buy/pick up.

Question: Is there some way to stop a sim who is now moved in and playable but who use to be a uni prof from wearing his old clothes? He shows in the thumbnail in his new clothes but if I am playing him or not he continually shows up on comm lots wearing that horrible game outfit. I am guessing some setting in simPE?
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#18260 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 5:13 AM
I guess you already try to clean up his clothes while playing with him?
http://modthesims.info/d/489194/tes...ct-17-2012.html

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18261 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 6:03 AM
No, I didn't know about that. I was thinking more about removing his proof flag or whatever it is, but I will try this.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#18262 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
No, I didn't know about that. I was thinking more about removing his proof flag or whatever it is, but I will try this.

I've had good luck using christianlov's boutique rack to fix former NPCs.
Field Researcher
#18263 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 5:14 PM
I keep getting sims with the wrong sexuality when I ask for a blind date. Does anyone know of a mod that makes the sim falling out of the sky the right sexuality for my sim? When my female sim asks for a female date, I kind of want someone who is into women. Thought that would have been obvious... Anyway, I use ACR and I don't really want to change the random sim's sexuality JUST to fit my sim.
Mad Poster
#18264 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Question: Is there some way to stop a sim who is now moved in and playable but who use to be a uni prof from wearing his old clothes? He shows in the thumbnail in his new clothes but if I am playing him or not he continually shows up on comm lots wearing that horrible game outfit. I am guessing some setting in simPE?

I think Cyjon's debugger has an option in the Fix menu to try and unset NPC flags for former NPCs. It's been a long time since I last made an NPC playable, so I don't remember how well it works. From what I've heard, some NPCs, especially the University ones, can be very stubborn about sticking to their old uniforms and annoying habits.
http://www.cyjon.net/node/148

Quote: Originally posted by Duvelina
I keep getting sims with the wrong sexuality when I ask for a blind date. Does anyone know of a mod that makes the sim falling out of the sky the right sexuality for my sim? When my female sim asks for a female date, I kind of want someone who is into women. Thought that would have been obvious... Anyway, I use ACR and I don't really want to change the random sim's sexuality JUST to fit my sim.

The matchmaker has always been like that and I don't know if anybody's ever bothered to make a fix for her. I wish someone had because I like her blind date animations and the chance of failure if you don't pay enough. I think everybody's switched to using TwoJeffs' "Find-A-Mate crystal ball" for summoning blind dates now. It costs $1000 and has options allowing you to set what kind of characteristics you're looking for. It uses the phone dialog to show you the top 5 results and then instantly teleports your chosen date onto the lot.
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=15.0
Field Researcher
#18265 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
The matchmaker has always been like that and I don't know if anybody's ever bothered to make a fix for her. I wish someone had because I like her blind date animations and the chance of failure if you don't pay enough. I think everybody's switched to using TwoJeffs' "Find-A-Mate crystal ball" for summoning blind dates now. It costs $1000 and has options allowing you to set what kind of characteristics you're looking for. It uses the phone dialog to show you the top 5 results and then instantly teleports your chosen date onto the lot.
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=15.0

Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18266 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 11:02 PM
Thanks, I think I will try Cyjon's debugger first, seems the easiest. I have a cow and a Llama playable but the no adult mascot mod sorted them out. Hadn't realized proff are just as stubborn.

~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#18267 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duvelina
Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for.

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but just to add anecdotal data sometimes I find the Find-A-Mate Crystal Ball can have the same issue. Even though it's supposed to take into account sexual orientation, it has summoned non-compatible sims for me. I don't use it enough to have noticed any sort of pattern. It does at least allow for narrowing down ages and which sim pools you want it to draw from.
Theorist
#18268 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 2:30 AM
@joandsarah77

I just saw this and it made me think of your problem. Maybe it might work for you.
Moved In NPC FIx by Aaroneous
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18269 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
@joandsarah77

I just saw this and it made me think of your problem. Maybe it might work for you.
Moved In NPC FIx by Aaroneous

Cool, so many options now!

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#18270 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 11:00 AM
Question - is there a mod to slow down the decay of party balloons, especially on community lots?

It's very aggravating to set up a party space, only to have the environment score plummet, minutes into the party, because all the balloons start bursting. Usually I just never use them, but a fix would be better. I found reference to a (very old) no-pop mod by Carrigon, but the link was dead.
Mad Poster
#18271 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 4:04 PM
I used to have that very mod. I probably still do, but I don't think it works with all the expansions or something because it hasn't worked in a long time. I loved it, though, because I could decorate kids' rooms with balloons.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#18272 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 9:18 PM
This is happening with only EA made AF outfits, and only some. Swimsuits, some tight fitting tops, dresses . . . anyone know of a fix? I don't remember having this before, so I must have had a DR to fix it.
Screenshots

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#18273 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 10:02 PM
I cannot see well, the pic is too small...

Mad Poster
#18274 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 10:03 PM
The picture's too dark to see what's wrong. But I have found that a default for a mesh that gets used a lot - in this case I would suspect the naked mesh, given what it's affecting - will mess up other outfits, presumably because the person making the default didn't know where all it was used.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#18275 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 11:07 PM
I think there's holes in the lady's shoulders and the upper part of her dress?

But it still doesn't give enough information @Sunbee. Does this happen whenever a Sim wearing this dress puts on the thinking cap? Because a Sim in my game has been wearing that specific dress for a long while now and I would have never noticed any holes in the mesh...

Edit: I just tested it I put the thinking cap on a Sim wearing the dress from the screenshot. In my game she doesn't sport any holes after putting the cap on...

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Page 731 of 1345