6 people viewing
Replies: 1419 (Who?), Viewed: 67031 times.
Page 57 of 57
Lab Assistant
#1401 Old Yesterday at 6:58 PM
There's too much instant judgement these days from minimal information and rumours and lots of them libellous. I'm getting a bit tired of it. I even get a bit tired of people taking over possession of icons like my Union Jack Flag for extreme right politics and my beloved rainbow even though I support LGBT people and their cause.

I'll lock the door on my way out.
Scholar
#1402 Old Yesterday at 9:14 PM
Well, we got the hotfix update for the patch - it's out now. They fixed both the text issue and the npc invitation issue (at least for festivals and residences, they're looking into other issues with Get Famous).
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...019-patch-notes

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Field Researcher
#1403 Old Yesterday at 9:18 PM
In other news that promised patch was released today. Fingers crossed that nothing got in the crossfire. I'm gonna test my game out again today to see if there are any hiccups... Other than the know bugs already there. 😑☕

Edited to add: @Apsalar lol you beat me to it... Well disregard my post then folks haha
Scholar
#1404 Old Yesterday at 9:23 PM
@Mspigglypooh Hey, the more the merrier.
I don't think they'd manage to completely fuck up such a tiny patch, but it's EA after all, anything is possible.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
#1405 Old Yesterday at 9:41 PM
Ugh. Everything but my custom careers are good to go. Guess it's back to TS3 in the meantime. Not that I'm complaining.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#1406 Old Yesterday at 9:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mspigglypooh
I don't know when I think of "Child endangerment" I picture someone drunk driving with a child, being violent near a child or mentally abusing them in some way, shape or form. I would not go as far as saying she should be seen as someone who put children in danger exactly because if that were the case shouldn't all us (saying us because I'm a parent as well) parents who let their children use the internet be seen as some sort of child endangerment as well? I mean every day a child uses the internet there is a chance of them running into a predator. Then again, times are changing and things are adapting as we live in this world surrounded by the internet and being online so maybe redefining child endangerment would fit in this scenario? I still don't see it as such but I guess we both see the definition in different eyes. You also have to remember, The internet is a HUGE place and there are predators lurking around every corner of it. And sadly there's only so much one can do when going through this as the person can keep coming back with false accounts as this game changer did even when shit hit the fan. Can you truly place the term child endangerment into what she did? Ignorance with a dash of stupidity fits the bill a little better I think as we discovered EA doesn't have proper training when it comes to situations like this.

Either way, As you can see this is how the company handled this situation they just moved here behind the scenes. This should be an eye-opener for a lot of simmers. Is this the publisher/company you want to continue to support?

So, you think she was in the right to encourage a minor to tell a predator to leave them alone? Wouldn’t children conversing with a predator be a bad thing? Wouldn’t an adult encouraging a minor to continue to interaction with a predator be considered a bad thing?

Let’s not act like they can’t ban accounts for innaproproate conduct.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#1407 Old Yesterday at 10:02 PM Last edited by Mspigglypooh : Yesterday at 10:26 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2
Ugh. Everything but my custom careers are good to go. Guess it's back to TS3 in the meantime. Not that I'm complaining.

Yea I've been playing 3 too I finally got a lighting mod and now it looks the way I want it to (More realistic and not EA's blue weirdish lighting)But I digress moving passed 3 as this section is about Ts4 lol

My issues right now, with The Sim 4, is one of my sims is an actress and her husband almost always get the popup asking if he's sure he wants to leave work. It's frustrating. I know its a bug, but it makes me want to quit the acting career (I won't as I'm at level 8). I also feel like with acting its a grind to keep up your fame. Which I won't say it's a completely bad thing, however, if you think about the real world and actors who only do acting they usually stay famous by the number of roles they star in. In my sims case, she has to often " Go out in public", and "Got play music at a lounge" or something like that to gain more fame points and I believe that's not necessarily realistic especially since there are some very famous Celebs that do keep a lot of their life private, Denzel Washington for example, and are still very well known. I want her to try to keep her personal life private and not have to go out a grind for fame points because shes made it all the way to level 8 that should mean something. She's out there in acting starring in multiple roles. Any with the Acting career as the main thing with GF you would think I would have to go the club and grind with her guitar skills or vocal skills to get a little more fame ( And I mean a little because even those things don't add a lot). Maybe its just me haha I don't know. besides a lot of other issues I have with the game, these are my current frustrations lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
So, you think she was in the right to encourage a minor to tell a predator to leave when alone? Wouldn’t children conversation with a predator be a bad thing? Wouldn’t an adult encouraging a minor to continue to interaction with a predator be considered a bad thing?

WTF? Where did I say it was the right thing to do? Never once did I say what she did was right. I just said I don't feel like the term Child endangerment fit. In fact, she's very wrong as anyone in their right mind would have taken that up to an authoritative figure, such as the police or gotten their GM if they truly didn't know how to handle it. I did say IF she did do the right thing, when she first heard about it, then there's only so much she could do which would be kicking that person from the game changers program, banning them from all things EA, and contacting the appropriate authority about the situation. Despite her doing such, figuratively speaking, of course, the person harassing and grooming these children could still make multiple accounts and contact said, children. Unfortunately, for those boys, she did quite the opposite and then some. Which was VERY stupid on her end.

*Let me also add (As you added the last part after I replied) I am aware they, meaning the appropriate individual, can ban accounts from Twitter and other sites. But you need to understand that's wasn't Kates responsibility. She can't ban him from Twitter as she does not work for Twitter. She could only report it to the appropriate individuals on Twitter as well as other platforms and encourage the boys to continue to block and report this person with every new account they make or whichever sites he's contacting them*
Lab Assistant
#1408 Old Yesterday at 10:10 PM
EA has implemented an update today and all custom string names for custom interactions, clothing, objects, ETC, have been fixed.
They kind of snuck this update under the radar so you will have to update your game manually unless they give an update prompt later on I don't know about.
Have a nice day.
Mad Poster
#1409 Old Yesterday at 10:53 PM
Quote:
Yea I've been playing 3 too I finally got a lighting mod and now it looks the way I want it to (More realistic and not EA's blue weirdish lighting)But I digress moving passed 3 as this section is about Ts4 lol

My issues right now, with The Sim 4, is one of my sims is an actress and her husband almost always get the popup asking if he's sure he wants to leave work. It's frustrating. I know its a bug, but it makes me want to quit the acting career (I won't as I'm at level 8). I also feel like with acting its a grind to keep up your fame. Which I won't say it's a completely bad thing, however, if you think about the real world and actors who only do acting they usually stay famous by the number of roles they star in. In my sims case, she has to often " Go out in public", and "Got play music at a lounge" or something like that to gain more fame points and I believe that's not necessarily realistic especially since there are some very famous Celebs that do keep a lot of their life private, Denzel Washington for example, and are still very well known. I want her to try to keep her personal life private and not have to go out a grind for fame points because shes made it all the way to level 8 that should mean something. She's out there in acting starring in multiple roles. Any with the Acting career as the main thing with GF you would think I would have to go the club and grind with her guitar skills or vocal skills to get a little more fame ( And I mean a little because even those things don't add a lot). Maybe its just me haha I don't know. besides a lot of other issues I have with the game, these are my current frustrations lol

Yeah I figured the fame system decreasing over time would get annoying. I kinda modded that away before I even started playing with this pack lol

Get Famous is definitely one of my all time favorite expansions packs (with an active career that I actually don't get bored with) but the way sims earn fame points definitely can be a little....flawed. They said sims could get famous through skill/career building. But unless that skill is media production and the career is acting, it will take you a LONG time to get enough amount of points to earn any real fame (Might be a little biased because media production is my line of work. But my Journalist, Business Tycoon, Politician, and 5 Star Chef Sims deserve some fame just as much as my Actors, Directors, YouTubers, Editors, etc.). I had three sims living together, with the goal being for each of them to earn fame a different way. It came way too easily for my freelance video editor. The actress had to work for it a little but it was relatively easy for her too. And then there was my writer. Even though he was churning out books like clockwork, it took him the longest to climb the fame ladder. Guess sims don't read anymore

Field Researcher
#1410 Old Yesterday at 11:54 PM
Quote:
Yeah I figured the fame system decreasing over time would get annoying. I kinda modded that away before I even started playing with this pack lol

Get Famous is definitely one of my all time favorite expansions packs (with an active career that I actually don't get bored with) but the way sims earn fame points definitely can be a little....flawed. They said sims could get famous through skill/career building. But unless that skill is media production and the career is acting, it will take you a LONG time to get enough amount of points to earn any real fame (Might be a little biased because media production is my line of work. But my Journalist, Business Tycoon, Politician, and 5 Star Chef Sims deserve some fame just as much as my Actors, Directors, YouTubers, Editors, etc.). I had three sims living together, with the goal being for each of them to earn fame a different way. It came way too easily for my freelance video editor. The actress had to work for it a little but it was relatively easy for her too. And then there was my writer. Even though he was churning out books like clockwork, it took him the longest to climb the fame ladder. Guess sims don't read anymore

I have to say I do like the pack just somethings bugs me but then again that's TS4 for me. Either I'm extremely annoyed or one thing or another bugs me. After seeing how crazy it was with just the Acting career I'm definitely not trying to gain fame based on writing or singing or something other than acting and I haven't even tried to be a video editor. I was thinking about it but I think they're being a little too bias in that sense because of all of the influencers in the GC's program. I don't know half of them if I could even count as many off the top of my head on one hand. But I can say I know A LOT of famous actors/actress' Authors, singers and even personal trainers. I don't know maybe I'm just old Back when I was growing up the internet was still fairly new and only a few people had computers and a cellphone. That could be another reason TS4's style and a lot of it just don't fit with my play style and what I like in a simulation game. It's meant for a younger generation and, to me, doesn't even have a good mixture of the adult and teen humor the previous ones had.
Mad Poster
#1411 Old Today at 12:01 AM
Quote:
I was thinking about it but I think they're being a little too bias in that sense because of all of the influencers in the GC's program.

Oh there's definitely a bias. There's a reason that way of doing things is the fastest and easiest way to earn fame points. They weren't even being subtle with that

Mad Poster
#1412 Old Today at 2:03 AM
I never said twitter - they can ban accounts on their own platforms. Pedophilia is not okay. Block his account - if he makes another and is found out, block him and the IP address. That’s a very black and white issues. The game is T rated. 13-17 year olds are minor. Why is that even up debate?

We may not all agree that she should be fired, but what she and those above her did was complete negligence until Lindsay was involved. It should not have taken months to resolve this very basic issue.

Remove him.
Reprimand her.

Field Researcher
#1413 Old Today at 2:50 AM
Quote:
I never said twitter - they can ban accounts on their own platforms. Pedophilia is not okay. Block his account - if he makes another and is found out, block him and the IP address. That’s a very black and white issues. The game is T rated. 13-17 year olds are minor. Why is that even up debate?

We may not all agree that she should be fired, but what she and those above her did was complete negligence until Lindsay was involved. It should not have taken months to resolve this very basic issue.

Remove him.
Reprimand her.

OMG I feel like you're seeing through my comments.
I SAID THAT!!
let me space it out so you can comprehend this time because now I'm irritated

1. I already said ANYTHING EA should be banned, HOWEVER, he can still come back on other platforms such as TWITTER that's why I mentioned it. Getting an IP address banned does take time (IT WONT HAPPEN OVERNIGHT) and still can't deter the most determined with a sick mind.

2. NEVER SAID PEDOPHILIA WAS OKAY! I'm sure we can all agree here its fucking disgusting and wrong I don't know why you even had to bring that up.

3. I pretty much agreed with EVERYTHING you've said MINUS how the term child endangerment was used, but that has seemed to have triggered you somehow

4. Can you just drop it now? Because you're getting cross with the wrong person here. I'm not EA nor am I defending them or their actions.

Quote:
Oh there's definitely a bias. There's a reason that way of doing things is the fastest and easiest way to earn fame points. They weren't even being subtle with that

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed
Mad Poster
#1414 Old Today at 3:41 AM
I wasn’t triggered, just clarifying my own point, but okay. I was quite fine when I wrote that. Still am. I’m on a phone and coverage can be spotty, so my intent was make a post in relation to multiple posts (not you), and get on with my life.

Judging by the use of caps and bold, you’re triggered, not me. Breathe.

Scholar
#1415 Old Today at 4:38 AM
Dearest lord, what has this thread become?

Sims are better than us.
Alchemist
#1416 Old Today at 5:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown

Literally nothing noteworthy to talk about in TS4, so naturally the conversion ends up going juicy places.

Grant isn't lolcowing just yet, so nothing on that front.
Field Researcher
#1417 Old Today at 5:13 AM
Quote:
I wasn’t triggered, just clarifying my own point, but okay. I was quite fine when I wrote that. Still am. I’m on a phone and coverage can be spotty, so my intent was make a post in relation to multiple posts (not you), and get on with my life.

Judging by the use of caps and bold, you’re triggered, not me. Breathe.

There's a difference between being triggered and being irritated . I was irritated as I explained myself in 2 separate posts Yet you somehow misinterpreted what I was saying inferring I believe Kate was right for what she did. Anyone who has done such would naturally be even a bit agitated or irritated. Anyway, I'm over it. The irritation was gone after I posted my comment.

Quote:

It's gone to shit lol... Yet again Things can drift off from time to time but it will get back on track :D
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#1418 Old Today at 10:12 AM
Quote:

This type of thread, along with its deleted predecessors, always get a bit tetchy.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Alchemist
#1419 Old Today at 10:21 AM Last edited by HarVee : Today at 10:53 AM.
Quote:
It's meant for a younger generation and, to me, doesn't even have a good mixture of the adult and teen humor the previous ones had.

I'm still firm in my opinion that TS1 was the most 'adult' of the series.

TS4 is like a toddler just discovering how to not spill the milk. Where as TS1 is like a retired 65 year old relaxing by the fireplace sipping some vintage wine.

TS2 is like a 37 year old who grew up in the 1990's and now spends its time slaving over a 9:5 job being underappreciated by its boss [EA].

TS3 is like a rebellious 16 year old that wants to do things differently than its parents and hasn't figured itself out yet.

With each passing game the series becomes less adult-oriented, has less dark and raunchy humour, and less strategy and simulation. TS5 at this rate is going to end up being an infant that can only cry and poop.

With their tanks and their bombs, and their bombs and their guns
In your head
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1420 Old Today at 10:50 AM
If the argument hasn't ended/,resolved, may you guys take it to pm?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Page 57 of 57