Replies: 2906 (Who?), Viewed: 150984 times.
Page 117 of 117
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2901 Old Yesterday at 7:39 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : Yesterday at 8:37 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeservedCriticism
The problem is they've been selling HOPE for years. People aren't buying expansions because they're genuinely satisfied with Sims 4, but rather they buy it thinking "maybe this will be the one that makes the game playable."

It never is, and thus the failures of yesterday's packs allow them to keep selling hope for tomorrow's. Think the only reason people are speaking up now is because Island Living and beyond marks the point where Sims 4's lifespan exceeds that of any other Sims game, and somehow the game STILL feels incomplete compared to 2 and 3 and the packs are actually getting worse instead of better. You'd think they'd improve with time as they learn what works and what doesn't, but somehow they've managed to learn nothing at all over the course of 5 years.

I was thinking of something else, because 5 years in they should be realizing that the thing has the history that shows, most of the time than rarely the sims 4 hadn't really filled the gap bucket of missing content with all the additions that are thrown in. Then again, shouldn't be surprized as šome of us made an analogy where the fandom iš akin (aš an analogy, not like the seriousness weight) to like the victim that's in an abusive relatiopshio with SO (being the game), where they're mind is fuck up to a degree, it doesn't allow them as easily to seperate the person from their life completely, and there's not much you can't do except hope they'll make the choice that will make them get a grip for a better life /o the abuser.

Speaking of that, initators of the #StopEAabuse werent that wrong if you dwell deeper how the word may have a relevance. However, it's up to consumers to stop being abused by getting their shit together, as EA will never change and miraciously attain their moral compass. If you truly believe in what you say TS4 smells like vomit, then it probably be a good time to stop opening your wallet for it. Better yet, spend it for the equipment to set it for previous games (and purchase those aš well, even if the old copies been lošt) if you truly long for the once desirable you were waiting for after they been ended. Į guarantee you feel better satisfictation from those games than the newest one, where you have attachment yet still feel like grinding your teeth or feeling afault that it doesn't quite fulfill your enjoyment. Not guilt tripping, just friendly reminded that could be repeated even another hundred times that you don't need to disrespect yourself against this vicious stigma.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#2902 Old Yesterday at 7:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeservedCriticism
The problem is they've been selling HOPE for years. People aren't buying expansions because they're genuinely satisfied with Sims 4, but rather they buy it thinking "maybe this will be the one that makes the game playable."

It never is, and thus the failures of yesterday's packs allow them to keep selling hope for tomorrow's. Think the only reason people are speaking up now is because Island Living and beyond marks the point where Sims 4's lifespan exceeds that of any other Sims game, and somehow the game STILL feels incomplete compared to 2 and 3 and the packs are actually getting worse instead of better. You'd think they'd improve with time as they learn what works and what doesn't, but somehow they've managed to learn nothing at all over the course of 5 years.

I Couldn't agree more. As Always you are spot on.
Field Researcher
#2903 Old Yesterday at 8:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I was thinking of something else, because 5 years in they should be realizing that has the history shows, most of time than rarely the sims 4 won't really feel the gap of feeling content with all the additions that are thrown in. Then again, shouldn't be surprized as šome of us made an analogy where the fandom iš akin (aš an analogy, not like the seriousness weight) to like the victim that's ina relationship abuse with SO (being the game), so they're mind is fuck up when often it doesn't allow them to seperate the person from the right completely, and there's not much you can't do except hope they'll make the choice that will make them get a grip for a better life /o the abuser.

It's a bold equation and I don't think your wrong. And it would explain why I found it so simple to just walk away. I don't allow that sort of thing into my life and I don't like being lied to. After the disaster that was SimCity.... I guess even I should have known better. But it was very obvious that EA had gutted the game and had no intention of improving it at all... as the first few EPs, GP, and SPs would dictate. I had been lied to... and so I left the game.

it's really not that hard of a decision to make. With technology and gaming improving all the time... I know someone at some point will take on the challenge of create a new version of The Sims... it just wont be called the Sims. I'm looking forward to that day.

In the meantime... the older games are good and still playable. Wonderful modders have contributed to those games making them better than what the developers originally came up with and they are fully functional games.

Every person is different though... I guess it just depends on how long they can tolerate being lied to, and if they really are okay with a product that is not worth the price. Time will tell. My 2 cents are, walk away.... there are other games much more worthy of your wallet.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2904 Old Yesterday at 8:31 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : Yesterday at 8:41 PM.
Well, despite the very possibly inevitable bad end ing the sims series came to stop, I think (but do hope) with such pain and regret we can all learn from this and be taught to not give in such crap trap again. Nobody expected for a series to take such a bad turning (despite the sketchy and considerable down hill that started with TS3), but Į think we most learned the severity how we can be tricked and been made fool by the manipulative and deceptive practise entities alike EA with aquired studio such as Maxis, that can take nasty methids to nickle us whilst ruining a once beloved type of genre through progressed series as a whole. **Correction series, not the genre** We all been fooled with TS4, and I think many of us here again will not give a cent for TS5 if it doesn't exceed its expectations. We won't give it a chance, because our trust has been severed badly.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#2905 Old Today at 7:41 AM
And remember, don't spend hours staring at a black hole like the Fortnite crowd has been doing since yesterday. Epic apparently has nothing to say about the matter which lends itself to wearing a conspiracy hat due to all that is going on with Blizzard right now.

The gaming industry....

Alchemist
#2906 Old Today at 8:14 AM
Please don’t give a cent to Blizzard and stand up for the people, in which some has been killed, wanting a pure democracy!

what does his name even mean?
Field Researcher
#2907 Old Today at 10:17 AM
I can't speak for others, obviously, but I know how I felt about TS4 when it launched. I enjoy it NOW -- three years' worth of DLC and a thousand mods later. I still feel ripped off paying for a game that simply was not finished.

I will likely buy TS5. IF it lives up to its hype by then. If enough reviewers, players, and forum writers tell me that it does. Otherwise... I'll wait another three years and get it all on some cheap sale. Unfortunately this is not a sound business model for EA. Enough customers sit back to wait and see, the game won't create enough revenue to still be around when those three years are gone.

Wouldn't it be nice if they actually shipped a complete game?

Also, I'd be disabling my Blizzard account if I hadn't already done so two years ago because of their crappy indifference to toxic player environments.
Page 117 of 117