Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 41 (Who?), Viewed: 3029 times.
Page 2 of 2
Mad Poster
#26 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 11:05 PM
I think hair and eye genetics are so interesting (@Simmer22, I read pretty much the whole article you linked earlier about grey eyes). I'm 6 months pregnant right now and I'm so excited trying to work out what the baby will look like. I'm ginger/blue eyes (my parents are brown hair/green eyes, and blonde hair/blue eyes - as I've said in another thread, I get my hair from my maternal grandmother) and my partner is blonde and has heterochromia (one eye is blue, the other a murky green) (his Mum has brown hair and greeny-brown eyes, and his Dad (from what he remembers) is Strawberry blonde, but he doesn't remember his eye colour). Sadly, I don't believe heterochromia is genetic in most cases so I doubt my baby will have it, though I have my fingers crossed because it's my favourite thing about him.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Instructor
Original Poster
#27 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 6:14 PM
i have a new question


when i come to the familair area's or streets (and it's most likely the lot and playground) i get flashbacks from the past
but it's not just the area's i get triggers that i remember something again or that i still at somehow remembered it

it's also from looking to an old picture from someone i know for so long now (i see something in the past what i did, and it's most likely the good one's. such as: bumping into my old friend who used to be so close to me)

but the question is: can you get rid of it at somehow?

not walking to a place is hard and is most likely impossible since i have to walk on some place to get at someone or something else a bit faster
Theorist
#28 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 7:42 AM
This definitely is a stupid question but does anyone know what is this picture...



I'm redecorating my home and that picture would make an awesome feature on my bedroom wall (if found as a poster).

The New Home of the Mass Effect and Dragon Age Fans: http://bsn.boards.net/ Are you there yet?
My Homepage: Shadow City Sims 3
My Music Videos: PolarDove's Channel
Scholar
#29 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 7:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varpunen
This definitely is a stupid question but does anyone know what is this picture...



I'm redecorating my home and that picture would make an awesome feature on my bedroom wall (if found as a poster).

https://www.storytel.com/se/sv/book...een-Stars-Poems

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 8:21 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 22nd Feb 2019 at 8:35 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorplanet97
when i come to the familair area's or streets (and it's most likely the lot and playground) i get flashbacks from the past
but it's not just the area's i get triggers that i remember something again or that i still at somehow remembered it

it's also from looking to an old picture from someone i know for so long now (i see something in the past what i did, and it's most likely the good one's. such as: bumping into my old friend who used to be so close to me)

but the question is: can you get rid of it at somehow?

not walking to a place is hard and is most likely impossible since i have to walk on some place to get at someone or something else a bit faster


Depends.

If the flashbacks are nice to remember, mostly neutral, or bad memories that don't cause any lasting issues, then it's just regular memories. It's common to remember things from your childhood if you see pictures or people from your past, perhaps get flashbacks, or get a "deja-vu" or some sort of feeling in a place you used to spend time but haven't been in for a long time.

If the flashbacks and triggers constantly make you feel anxious or afraid other than what would be normal from remembering something bad, then there may be a problem. Places, faces, etc. can trigger bad feelings, anxiety, fear, and some very unlucky ones who've been through something traumatic can get PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder). If the feelings trigger stronger than normal reactions or emotions, anger, violence, extreme anxiety, avoidance, etc., then it's a problem. Sometimes it's possible to do something yourself, while other times you may need help with handling it.

If you have very bad memories from the places, and don't want to go there because of that, then you'll need to consider how important it is for you to be able to go there - and whether you may need some kind of therapy to get through it, or if you'll be able to do some exposure therapy on yourself.

Avoiding the issue is rarely a good strategy, because you may end up limiting yourself, sometimes in ways that are exhausting to live with, or even harmful to your mental wellbeing and health.
Theorist
#31 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 9:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown


Oh, darn, so it's a illustration for that book. So no hope of getting it as a poster. Oh well... But, thank you for the help.

The New Home of the Mass Effect and Dragon Age Fans: http://bsn.boards.net/ Are you there yet?
My Homepage: Shadow City Sims 3
My Music Videos: PolarDove's Channel
Instructor
Original Poster
#32 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 8:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
Depends.

If the flashbacks are nice to remember, mostly neutral, or bad memories that don't cause any lasting issues, then it's just regular memories. It's common to remember things from your childhood if you see pictures or people from your past, perhaps get flashbacks, or get a "deja-vu" or some sort of feeling in a place you used to spend time but haven't been in for a long time.

If the flashbacks and triggers constantly make you feel anxious or afraid other than what would be normal from remembering something bad, then there may be a problem. Places, faces, etc. can trigger bad feelings, anxiety, fear, and some very unlucky ones who've been through something traumatic can get PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder). If the feelings trigger stronger than normal reactions or emotions, anger, violence, extreme anxiety, avoidance, etc., then it's a problem. Sometimes it's possible to do something yourself, while other times you may need help with handling it.

If you have very bad memories from the places, and don't want to go there because of that, then you'll need to consider how important it is for you to be able to go there - and whether you may need some kind of therapy to get through it, or if you'll be able to do some exposure therapy on yourself.

Avoiding the issue is rarely a good strategy, because you may end up limiting yourself, sometimes in ways that are exhausting to live with, or even harmful to your mental wellbeing and health.



Mmmm make sense i was the one who clicked on helpfull, and by so far most of them are the good one's but i don't have PTSD so that's a good thing i don't have that
and by so far i just see things from the past and sometimes i just get dejavu's

i'm working to get over the past but it's hard sometimes though i'm talking to an adult (who's older then me) to talk about stuff (just the one's i trust like my cousin or 2 quidance of mine who i can trust)
i also try to think more about myself then the other years

i don't have any questions about that anymore, you answered everything right and i'll think about it if some place is important to me or not
i knew that avoiding places are rarely good though
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 6:15 PM
I got a question that is bugging me for so long:
Do you like something because you are already good at it, or is it the opposite, you like something and then you get good at it?
Instructor
Original Poster
#34 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 5:04 PM
how do you make a poll? because i tried to make a poll but as soon as i posted it, there wasn't something you could click of
instead of that i posted something which wasn't a poll

@bestSomeone are you talking to me or something? if so i'm sorry i just saw your comment when this was 9 days ago
Mad Poster
#35 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 6:11 PM
BestSomeone, probably a mix of both. At the same time, you can't truly like something until you've tried, and it's possible to get tired of something you've previously liked to do, even if you're very good at it.
Scholar
#36 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 4:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorplanet97
how do you make a poll? because i tried to make a poll but as soon as i posted it, there wasn't something you could click of
instead of that i posted something which wasn't a poll

@bestSomeone are you talking to me or something? if so i'm sorry i just saw your comment when this was 9 days ago

Usually if people want to do a poll, they use the agree, disagree, funny, etc. buttons like agree=red, disagree=blue, and so forth. Perhaps someone else knows of another way.
Alchemist
#37 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 5:28 AM
Instructor
Original Poster
#38 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmyRN
Usually if people want to do a poll, they use the agree, disagree, funny, etc. buttons like agree=red, disagree=blue, and so forth. Perhaps someone else knows of another way.


oh no i didn't mean that one
i mean something like this https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=624949 but i failed it when i tried to make a poll
i tried making a poll about if people are going inside and then clicking on *yes quite often/always* *sometimes* *once in a while* or *no never*

but instead of that i maked a topic i do know you could click on, agree, disagree, funny, helpful and love, when i know where the topic is about i click on either those one's when there's need to
Scholar
#39 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 9:13 AM Last edited by Emmett Brown : Yesterday at 4:14 PM.
Random thoughts I have to get off my chest!
I have an old book on relativity that describes the Lorentz-Fitzgerald transformation as a rotation about an imaginary axis (time axis) in space-time. The last course I took in Relativity used a metric like they do in GR. I searched the university library and found the metric used in many of the text - no sign of the rotational description.
I asked the professor why would they write the texts to hide the rotational nature of the LF transformation. He replied that it made it easier for students to transition to GR. This hiding of the physical implications of the math was disturbing because that is a lame excuse for hiding the physics; true enough GR has been tested, but other physics hypotheses predict much of the same thing so that doesn't disprove those hypotheses either. With GR, for me it's "show me the worm hole".
You wouldn't hide the imaginary component of the probability distribution in quantum mechanics, for example.
Another reason why I like the older textbooks!
Considering the recent banter going about the cold dark matter theory - dark matter and dark energy being the "stuff" they used to correct observation when the GR hypothesis failed to predict. "GR doesn't work, add some dark matter here, some dark energy there, and viola!". Then they go through the entire zoo particles of the Standard Model and none of them can be dark enough dark matter... fail. The just pretend that the Standard Theory is wrong. Pretty cheeky, that! And where's the effects of dark matter in our solar system? Large masses, like our sun, should be capturing more and more dark matter but gravity is "constant". It's a terrible hypothesis.
As for the "Universe is a holograph" hypothesis: laughable! That hypothesis is based on quantum simulations not predicting gravity as they expected with gravitons and such. but show me the jar of gravitons! Seriously, they simply copied much of electrodynamics to gravity and expected it to work. A good guess but it didn't pan out.
There are times when I feel that there is an effort to hide the true nature of physical law for their own nefarious purposes.

Sims are better than us.
Test Subject
#40 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 7:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
Does this site have a Discord server?


Doesn't this site host movie nights through that, or somethin?
Scholar
#41 Old Yesterday at 4:27 PM
Lots of inspirational dairy farms around here, just down the street. The area was settled by Danish dairyfolks back in the early 20th century.
I am envious, in a way. I want to be self sufficient - couple of dairy goats or Dexter cows, rabbits, chickens, a large vegetable garden. An acre of chicken feed, and about 3 acres of Miscanthus giganteus (aka "Elephant Grass") which is a very efficient to grow biofuel.
I'd probably reduce the elephant grass to charcoal or gassify it.
Make a little steam engine and boiler like the old Stanly Steamer car design, and voila! I have power.
Get a few acres of cheap land not really fit for agriculture as Elephant grass is a different kind of grass that grows in poor soil, dig a well, put in septic, drop a double wide and a steel barn on it and Bob's your Uncle I'm good to go.
I suppose if I can't get enough acres for the elephant grass, I'll have to get out the Mr. Fusion and put up a fake windmill to throw people off the scent that I have such a thing.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#42 Old Yesterday at 5:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by happychappy
Doesn't this site host movie nights through that, or somethin?


it hasn't in a while. I miss them. They were a lot of fun and a way for all of us who attend to get to know each other.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Page 2 of 2
Back to top