Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 59 (Who?), Viewed: 1889 times.
Page 3 of 3
Instructor
#51 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 1:26 AM
@Orphalesion Oh, so you love the way Sims in Medieval look too:

Just add higher res textures and slightly higher poly models and I'm sold...
Scholar
#52 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 1:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naus Allien
@Orphalesion Oh, so you love the way Sims in Medieval look too:

Just add higher res textures and slightly higher poly models and I'm sold...

Definitely they were the best looking Sims in the whole series. All the gripes I have with Sims 3 Sims were either mostly or completely fixed with them. Just look at that guy's eyes! The hair! The skin and features!
If the Sims in Sims 4 would have looked like that, I think far less people would complain about them.

Instructor
#53 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 2:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
Definitely they were the best looking Sims in the whole series. All the gripes I have with Sims 3 Sims were either mostly or completely fixed with them. Just look at that guy's eyes! The hair! The skin and features!
If the Sims in Sims 4 would have looked like that, I think far less people would complain about them.

Medieval is also a good example of an open world game with Create-A-Style that runs buttery smooth. Even pathing/routing is better than TS3 and TS4's. And AI is much better too.

Other Sims I made in Medieval:

And some images in-game:
Scholar
#54 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 3:21 AM
Even the CAST tool was better in Sims Medieval. In Sims 3 the textures often ended up looking cheap or rubbery (remember Sims 3 Grimms Latex Robes) and it was far too easy for the colours to look oversaturated. It was ana mazing feature, but it needed more improvement. And Sims Medieval gave that improvement the clothes and fabrics looked like real, high quality clothes and fabric again, no matter what texture or pattern you slapped on them. Just look at the dresses of the queen(?) sorceress and the noble lady petitioning the king, or the doublets worn by the bard and the other noble. To me they show a clear improvement from the Sims 3 CAST. Why not use that improvement in the sequel?

Granted the world of Sim Medieval was a lot smaller, less flexible and less complex than Sims 3 (nobody aged, very little birthing or dying going on)...but the world of Sims 4 is also a lot smaller and less complex/flexible than Sims 3 or 2... so...

Instructor
#55 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 4:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
Granted the world of Sim Medieval was a lot smaller, less flexible and less complex than Sims 3 (nobody aged, very little birthing or dying going on)...but the world of Sims 4 is also a lot smaller and less complex/flexible than Sims 3 or 2... so...

It was smaller and there was no aging/death (other than caused on purpose or by quests), but it was much more lively than TS3's or even TS2 and TS4's worlds. There are people everywhere, doing their own activities, socializing, playing games, etc.

I could go to any lot in the game and there was always something going on:

If there's a The Sim 5, they should definitely take some things Medieval did better than 3 and 4 into consideration. A smaller, denser open world would actually solve a lot of problems, like poor performance, broken routing and lots with only 3 or 4 Sims. I definitely don't want ANY loading screens in a world. Even if each "world" only has 20-25 lots, I want a continuous experience. There could be a loading screen to load other worlds in a travelling system similar to the one in The Sims 4.
Scholar
#56 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 5:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naus Allien
If there's a The Sim 5, they should definitely take some things Medieval did better than 3 and 4 into consideration. A smaller, denser open world would actually solve a lot of problems, like poor performance, broken routing and lots with only 3 or 4 Sims. I definitely don't want ANY loading screens in a world. Even if each "world" only has 20-25 lots, I want a continuous experience. There could be a loading screen to load other worlds in a travelling system similar to the one in The Sims 4.

Yeah in my idea of a "giant community lot" with the houses being loaded as you enter wasn't really talking about loading screens, but more like the bit of loading that happens when you enter a house in Sims Medieval.

So in your idea, basically a bunch of 20-25 lot "neighbourhoods" in a larger "town"? If so then I'd like the feature to be able to add more neighbourhoods in the basegame.

Inventor
#57 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 6:29 AM
It doesn't. In that future, EA had closed its doors three years ago.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 6:23 PM
Orphalesion - I didn't play Sims Medieval. What made their witches so good?
Inventor
#59 Old Today at 4:45 AM
I think the OP works better if we imagine that EA dumps the franchise in the future and you are able to buy it as a new independant studio. Because current EA would never let you have free reign to do whatever you want as lead designer. And atm there is no reason to expect that this is going to change.
Mad Poster
#60 Old Today at 6:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrak_nl
I think the OP works better if we imagine that EA dumps the franchise in the future and you are able to buy it as a new independant studio. Because current EA would never let you have free reign to do whatever you want as lead designer. And atm there is no reason to expect that this is going to change.

Given our collective ambition as fans of the franchise, it would be for the better, if not, the best if EA handed the franchise off to a company that would have a better handle on such an impactful intellectual property.

EA is pretty much only in the market to sell something if it's worth the revenue hauled in. Otherwise, they won't exactly take gambles on rising stars unless the content is lucrative.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Page 3 of 3