Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2011 at 1:26 PM Last edited by omfgerbear : 10th May 2011 at 7:36 PM.
Default Terribly N00by Accessory Question
Hi! I've been lurking here for a while now, looking at tutorials, tips, and tricks on how to create new stuff for my Sims 3 Sims.

I just recently entered the Wonderful World of Meshing, and so I created a few horn-type things for Sims based off these guys, just for personal use. After modifying (generally butchering) SnakeLegs's Meshes, and using CAS Textures Unitool to modify the golden hoop earrings accessory, I had moderate success with my first two attempts (the terrible meshing isn't the problem tho rofl):

At my third, though, I hit a roadblock:

This was how it was showing up in-game.

This is how it's supposed to look, which shows up perfectly in CTU.

As an experiment, I combined the first set of horns onto the last one, and this is how it shows up.

I... really don't know what to do next, and I don't know why the textures aren't showing up for the entire area of the horns. I also have no idea why just two of the four horns are showing up. Please help? I'd really appreciate your assistance. Maybe I'll even bake you cookies or something. XD

Thank you for your time! ♥
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 10th May 2011 at 2:29 PM
Hi,

I was also having problems with my accessory with the strange textures. Did you put your meshes in the right LOD boxes in CTU?

They are:
LOD0
LOD1
LOD2
LOD3

Ignore the LOD0_1, and so forth. (Not sure what these are for, but they messed up my mesh first time around).

Hope that helps.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th May 2011 at 7:02 PM
Yeah, I made sure they were in the proper LOD slots. Thanks, though! ♥
Inventor
#4 Old 10th May 2011 at 10:12 PM
Maybe you should check the UVmap and your Mask texture.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 10th May 2011 at 11:14 PM
I've also been having similar problems with my hair texture I've been working on. It either has this shiny texture or the texture like in your third image and last image. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure the problem out, but I would suggest looking at the textures just to double check. Have you tried changing the pattern to see if it still looks like that?
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 11th May 2011 at 12:54 AM
textures or uvmap coordinates not mapped properly
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th May 2011 at 4:00 AM
Hm, I feared it would be something like that. However, I have no idea how to do it. Could someone point me to a tutorial? Maybe one specifically for the Sims 3? I've looked around and didn't really understand them much. :<
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th May 2011 at 9:39 AM
Update! I got the texture sorted out, but the two smaller horns still aren't showing up:

What do I do now? :<
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 11th May 2011 at 10:36 AM
Are the smaller horns assigned to the same bone/joint as the bigger horns?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th May 2011 at 11:27 AM
...ah, I didn't think of checking that. :o Let me try it out right now~
Forum Resident
#11 Old 11th May 2011 at 1:06 PM
Do you mind explaining how you fixed the textures problem? I'm curious as well. :p
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th May 2011 at 1:14 PM
To tell you the truth, I have no idea how the textures sorted itself out :V I re-did all the steps, and it worked. XD
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th May 2011 at 2:22 PM
Update again! Thanks for the advice, whiterider. Everything's working perfectly now!

HOORAY! Thanks for all the help, everyone :3