Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 10:47 PM
Default A little about yourself ...
I was just wondering if anyone would like to share things about themselves that people may not normally know. For me, I'm a bi-vocational minister and I'm currently earning my doctorate in Pastoral Psychology through Trinity Evangelical Christian University Online. I'm also working on a fast-track program to get the fundamentals of a Masters in Divinity. I also work full-time. Anything else you want to know about me, just ask.

Anyone else want to share?

Be blessed and be groovy. ... Ron

Be the type of Christian that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the devil says: "Oh no! They're up!"

"You call me a Jesus Freak like it's a bad thing!"

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." - (2 Timothy 1:7 KJV)
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 7th May 2010 at 1:54 AM
I was raised in the Methodist church, as was my husband. My son has Aspbergers, (I do too) and is bi-polar, and the youth director of our church accidentally (I hope) made him feel unwelcome in a youth outing a couple of years ago. My husband has to work some Sundays because he's a cook at a rehab shelter, and he was feeling more and more that the worship at the church we were attending was dead for him. So when some friends of ours invited us to their Pentecostal church for their sunrise service, we went.

I still have no idea why I was the one that spoke in tongues that day when I am still perfectly happy worshiping in the Methodist church and my husband is the one who wanted to join the Pentecostal church. I assume God will show me a reason eventually. I suppose part of it might be that my Methodist congregation needs some of that Pentecostalist fire?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 1:57 PM
I've heard people talk about "speaking in tongues" but I don't know what that means. Could someone fill me in? ^^;
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 9:00 AM
I guess it's told to hypocrite ones... Who just bless God with their words, not honestly with all of their soul...

I'm a reformed christian.
Theorist
#6 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 4:51 PM
Speaking in tongue is actually... well I don't know how to describe it but this page on wikipedia will tell you what it is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glosso...in_Christianity Yes it's usually practiced by Pentecostals.
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 9:43 PM
I'm a swedish girl, I'm an amature artist, helps cats in a cat shelter, odd and obvious.
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 1:49 AM
I am Puertorican. I like to listen to Asian music. I am pentecostal since I was born, well I was raise that way by my parents and I also consider myself that way.^^ I like reading mangas. I go to facebook a lot to play the mini games. I don't like to hang out much, I find it boring. I am very lazy, I like to hug, I have a habit of hitting peopleXD
Well that's all I can think of^^'
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 9:27 AM
I've been Christian since I was born also. I'm a reformed (the followers of Jean Calvin) Christian and I'd like to learn theology in the university. I'm also a bit odd person, but I think not in a bad way (shy, obey what God asked, sensitive and I don't like loud parties or these kind of "funs"). My hobbies are reading, photography, listening to music and singing. Mentioning the nationality, I'm Hungarian.
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitTM
I've heard people talk about "speaking in tongues" but I don't know what that means. Could someone fill me in? ^^;

Speaking in tongues simply means that you start talking in different languages that other people hear.
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 12:08 AM
I'm 16 years old. I was baptized Catholic, but as time went on, my Mother fell away from Catholicism and I went with her to a nondenominational church as I grew up.
Like, 2 years ago or so, I was struggling with myself and my faith and I did not feel any substance or connection in the church I was attending. My dad, who is, and has been, Catholic since he was born, continued to practice Catholicism when my mom and I did not. One day I just said; I'm tired of feeling so disconnected from God, I need to find a way to fix this. I was getting pretty depressed, you know? It seemed like nothing I tried was working, and that God was ignoring my prayers. So one day I asked my Daddy if I could go to church with him. I did. I felt so welcomed. I decided to go again, and again, and again. Soon it was a weekly habit. That was really the first time in my life that I had an experience with God. I felt his love, grace, and forgiveness over the months that followed- something I never had before. It was awesome!! Jesus became more than a figure I once didn't understand, he became my friend, the greatest friend I could ever have!
I officially rejoined the Catholic Church when I took my first confession back in last November.
I took my First Communion in December. Best Christmas present ever!
As of May 12 of this year, I had my Confirmation. Which is the act of pretty much saying, "I was baptized by my parents as a baby, and now that I'm older, I, personally, accept this faith that was given to me, and now I am responsible for how I live it."
I see now that God wasn't ignoring me or my prayers, but he was preparing me for a big change in my life.
In the present, I am the happiest and most at peace that I have ever been. I have learned to accept myself, be the best I can be, and to get up and move on when I fail. And the best part? I know that there's nowhere to go but up!
That's my story.