Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2011 at 7:51 PM
Default objects as accessories
Hi
I'd like to have my sims holding objects for certain poses, such as a glass or a child's teddy. I thought I could just open an object in TSRW, export it, then re-import it as an accessory. I tried this with a teddy, importing it back over a watch accessory, but the result was the teddy standing between the feet of the sim, its head under her skirt (not quite the effect I was after). Could anyone please tell me if, and how, to achieve the effect of a sim holding an object. I realise that if it was an accessory it would then stay with the sim just as a watch would, or a handbag, etc. And I also know that I could move objects using moveObjects on but it isnt always possible to align the object with the sims hand when in different poses. thanks for any advice
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 23rd May 2011 at 8:08 PM
It is possible but you have to open the watch mesh first in Milkshape
Then you import the teddybear and assigne the vertices from the teddy to the hand bone
You can delete the watch mesh(es)
Then export it and import it in TSRW in a watch accesoire

It is best to also temperary import a top or fullbodymesh in MS so you can position the teddybear close to the hand

edit,
The moveobjects cheat will no longer work tho(on the teddy)
You get something like this lol:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...ach=22480;image
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd May 2011 at 8:41 PM Last edited by alfiemoon : 23rd May 2011 at 8:58 PM.
thank you for your quick resonse, i'm off to try it now.

edit: It works perfectly, thank you so much. I thought this was going to be another few hours spent fruitlessly trying to follow very good advice but I actually did it the first time. Thank you again