Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#2701 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 8:32 AM
i'm getting the game tuesday morning, and i'd be glad to post pictures too.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2702 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 9:20 AM
Hopefully I'll get my copy on Tuesday, pre-ordered from EB Games and they delivered Showtime on release day. As soon as I have time to play I'll definitely post some pictures of my SSX characters. Yesterday I touched up Mac a bit to look a bit more accurate so all he needs is that new jacket with his 2012 design on it.

As for physical vs. digital, with Sims games I'm not planning on buying digital copies until The Sims 4. I have my Sims 3 games displayed in order on my shelf and there would be a strange feeling of incompleteness if I suddenly switched to digital for the last few. As for other games I've almost completely gone the digital route thanks to the Mac App Store and Steam though only a few of the games are over 4GB.
Instructor
#2703 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 11:01 AM
I'm staying up till the midnight launch today ;D who's joining the party?

Fear is only in our minds ♡ Taking over all the time..❤
Instructor
#2704 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 11:39 AM
Wait what? it's releasing tonight? I for some reason have it on my calender as tomorrow night... *facepalm* blah, okies I am good with that lol.
Top Secret Researcher
#2705 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by purexevil666
I'm staying up till the midnight launch today ;D who's joining the party?

Me, me, me, me, me, me, I'll join! Can't concentrate on anything until I get my hands on Seasons!! Though I doubt I'll concentrate on anything else once I do get my hands on seasons ...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2706 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 1:35 PM
Party? I'm bringing the canned yams and microwaved Turkey!

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#2707 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 1:36 PM
I remember being part of the Supernatural party, and it was only after the game had been released for everyone else that I found out that Origin had separate release dates for different countries. D:
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2708 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 1:53 PM
How does that even...

Instructor
#2709 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 1:56 PM
The GameStop where I buy mine is having a midnight event for Call of Duty or something like that. They always let me pick up my sims games at midnight if they're having a launch event. So, I'll be picking mine up tonight at midnight. :D

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Scholar
#2710 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 2:10 PM
Best Buy is having the same midnight event for Call of Duty so they might have Seasons available also...dunno for sure tho.
Mad Poster
#2711 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 2:58 PM
for some reason i don't think sims 3 seasons will be a midnight release. just a heads up, i'll be playing seasons in a small town i downloaded until i get my new graphics card, so the seasons will be in a custom world.
Forum Resident
#2712 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 3:02 PM
I am picking up my copy tonight too at midnight. But i might try too get it today depends on if the person at the gamestop will let me have it early.
Mad Poster
#2713 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 4:20 PM
I have to wait until a) I get my Simming laptop back from the repair shop and b) for Amazon to deliver my copy and as I am in the UK that won't be until at least some time this weekend/early next week.
I REALLY want to play it now but I also don't want to have to go through the mod update faff first and I CANNOT play without mods. I tried.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#2714 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 6:00 PM
Im with Menaceman44 - another UK amazon person waiting for the postman to be nice and quick and twallen to sort out what needs sorting!
Field Researcher
#2715 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 6:21 PM
It's nearly here. Oh, how many decades i've been waiting for it...
Lab Assistant
#2716 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Where did they say that? O_O

I suspected as much, but I wasn't exactly sure. All of it isn't ugly, honestly. Some of it's really nice. Some of it is borderlines useless, though. If it wasn't for that pattern on the combo shower/tub door, I'd use it everywhere, but EA has a habit of limiting the player. I have to wonder what goes through their minds when making concept art, and then selecting what gets put into the game. A major aspect of the game is interior design. There's an in game career devoted to it. limits aren't cute.

And I'm kinda pissed we finally get an in-game EP/SP coat rack, and it has stars all over it.

I really could go on for days about the furniture in this game, but I'd rather not.

where's the coat rack? its deco right?
Mad Poster
#2717 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 7:50 PM
I didn't even think about the coat rack, did look around some of the sections with the filters on Seasons. I didn't see it.

I did post in the Sims 3 Pictures section, guess I have to wait for it to show. Going in the game and watch how the season change from Summer to Fall. In my niece's game some time during the colder days of Fall there is frost on the ground and windows/door glass have condensation. This stuff is amazing.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#2718 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
for some reason i don't think sims 3 seasons will be a midnight release. just a heads up, i'll be playing seasons in a small town i downloaded until i get my new graphics card, so the seasons will be in a custom world.

I called yesterday and asked. If they're open for a midnight event, I'm welcome to come and pick up my game. I'm a very good customer of that particular GameStop, so they let me get by with flexing the rules some. And it's technically Tuesday (release day) so they aren't violating any rules.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Eminence Grise
#2719 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 11:23 PM
I've started a thread for early pics... easier to find them if people post there Seeded it with some links from the official forums.

Somebody over there confirmed with EA that the Origin download will be available at midnight EST in the US (9PM PST, which is what I was hoping/expecting )
Forum Resident
#2720 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 11:25 PM
Yeah at 12:01 am it is Tuesday is when my local Gamestop will let me pick up my copy of the sims 3 seasons. They have a midnight launch for a different game but i can get the seasons too if i want too.
One Minute Ninja'd
#2721 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
Yeah at 12:01 am it is Tuesday is when my local Gamestop will let me pick up my copy of the sims 3 seasons. They have a midnight launch for a different game but i can get the seasons too if i want too.

The fortunate for us insomniacs release of Call of Duty Black Ops II is what's getting the stores open then. Granted, there are lots of serious simmers, but it's the players who like big guns who force these stores to open at midnight. Damn, I have to buy 2 games at once. Time to use some rewards points certificates.
Mad Poster
#2722 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 12:23 AM
I didn't want to give too many spoilers and I can't wait until you all get the game, give your input. I am still going around being like a kid in a candy store as I play. I have so many things to do. I am not playing a SN family now, but found it funny how the supes do things in the game (watching my niece's game).

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#2723 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 12:26 AM
Spoil away! You can always place spoilers under a spoiler tag if you're worried about ruining it for anyone.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2724 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orkhid22
where's the coat rack? its deco right?

It's a series of wall-mounted hooks, fixed to a plank, with a jacket and small backpack on it, with deco stars on tops.

It's deco yes, but something more versatile would have been nice. Like a version without stars, or at least a version to match the majority of the furniture in the game.

Scholar
#2725 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 5:07 AM Last edited by kattenijin : 13th Nov 2012 at 5:22 AM.
12:06AM...WHY WON'T YOU DOWNLOAD?!?!!!! ARGH!!! lol!

(Origin pre-order)

EDIT: 12:19AM Downloading now! Guess the guy with his finger on the "make available" button had to "go see a man about a horse".

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Page 109 of 111