Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#76 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 1:47 AM
Older games in emulator mode, particularly NES, SNES, and Atari games. Working on FFV. Also playing Exile: Escape from the Pit. (Prefer Exile to Avernum for some reason.) And think. it's cool that a couple others mentioned Neko Atsume. I find it cute. Also like to play escape room games. And I'm in a 5e D&D campaign as well. Too bad I have to work for a living. So many games! So little time!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 18th May 2016 at 3:24 AM
I play a lot of Fallout: New Vegas, but I also have a lot of point and click adventure games.
Mad Poster
#78 Old 18th May 2016 at 3:29 AM
Besides Sims 3, I'll play Minecraft.
Then I'll play clean up the house and do dishes. But never as long.
I used to play laundry, but I got bored.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Forum Resident
#79 Old 18th May 2016 at 4:30 AM
I've fallen in love with Rimworld. Crappy graphics, but people with personality and character and a story mode that drives the drama. No matter what you do everyone will eventually die.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 18th May 2016 at 4:41 AM
Play Minecraft. Problem Solved!
Mad Poster
#81 Old 20th May 2016 at 7:24 AM
I play Skyrim and Oblivion. More the latter than the former now, since Skyrim can't run on my crappy laptop. (Also played a ton of Morrowind ages ago.) But neither now, actually, as I manged to bugger my Oblivion file to the point where I can't play it. I was thinking of starting a new character, anyway. But for now, I think I'll just play the Sims!

Come to think of it, I seem to be attracted to games that sooner or later degrade into BFVFS. :P
Mad Poster
#82 Old 20th May 2016 at 7:47 AM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 20th May 2016 at 8:56 AM.
I've encountered quite a few glitches in TES. In Skyrim, my head once fell off.

As for Oblivion - if it's abomb (animations slowing to a crawl), get Wrye Bash. It's mostly for people who install hundreds of mods but it can also fix the glitch. And just be glad we're not playing Daggerfall. The stories I've heard about it...
Scholar
#83 Old 20th May 2016 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Besides Sims 3, I'll play Minecraft.
Then I'll play clean up the house and do dishes. But never as long.
I used to play laundry, but I got bored.

I heard there's a new game in town called Gardening. It offers cool gaming features like weather prediction, pest control, weeding and so much more. I can't wait to get myself a copy. It's not rain compatible apparently.

I play Minecraft and indie games mostly. Outside of Sims that is
Mad Poster
#84 Old 20th May 2016 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
As for Oblivion - if it's abomb (animations slowing to a crawl), get Wrye Bash.

Thanks for trying to help, but I've got the "crash on save" glitch: when I try to save the game, it crashes and does not save. The best explanation I could find is that I should have disabled the autosave from the start. I mean, it sounds so obvious now as I did know not to overwrite my saves, and that's exactly what the autosave does... But I'd managed to mess up my horse's armor early on by re-loading once instead of fully quitting and re-launching the game, and I had a few personal preference issues with how I'd built my character, so I guess it's not really a huge deal in the end. (I had already been considering starting a new character when this one died in a BFVFS.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#85 Old 20th May 2016 at 12:30 PM
I see I have not posted in this thread - can't let that pass. So - well, atm it's Fallout 4 which I'm loving for many reasons. I know there's been criticism of the game in comparison to older versions but I've not played those so can't compare. I love the world-building and the world itself - so immersive. I think the main story could be better but I've not been playing it really - just building settlements. I really wish they'd do more with that. Still Far Harbor was released this week so my weekend is already fully booked (and probably the next 2-3 as well).

I'm fond of story RPGs and have played - extensively - others like Dragon Age and The Witcher (all three games have a lot to recommend them). Having said that, my biggest distraction has got to be Mass Effect - a game I love from start to just before the finish in 3. Mass Effect 3 multiplayer probably delayed the release of Polgannon by about 18 months. I still play the odd multiplayer bout when I'm in the mood.

Other games I like are mostly simulations (City Skylines atm and I'm liking the look of Planet Coaster this autumn, Prison Architect should get an honourable mention) and point and clicker stories. But I'll play anything I like the look of. Eh - I think I'm a bit of a general gamer rather than a simmer.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
#86 Old 20th May 2016 at 10:48 PM
what does BFVFS stand for?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#87 Old 20th May 2016 at 11:11 PM
I think Rosawyn meant a BFBVFS (Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space):
Mad Poster
#88 Old 21st May 2016 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I think Rosawyn meant a BFBVFS (Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space):

Meh, I thought it was Ball of Fire Visible From Space - and Googling didn't really help. It's been a few years since I was active in the Sims 2 community (or anywhere else that term is used), and I never can remember how to spell anything. But yes, that's what I meant. Game goes boom.
Scholar
#89 Old 21st May 2016 at 3:55 PM
Games I'm currently enjoying on my own other than The Sims 2 are Colonization (the original), Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Zuma's Revenge, Improbable Island, Mordor and Gazillionaire Deluxe. Well, I say "Gazillionaire Deluxe" but it's giving me a bug at the moment that won't let me go past turn 15...

I also play Civilization III and Unreal Tournament with my family.
Top Secret Researcher
#90 Old 22nd May 2016 at 4:40 AM
Lately, nothing, except a computer version of Settlers of Catan. Before I moved house I was playing Red Dead Redemption and Forza Horizon.
Top Secret Researcher
#91 Old 22nd May 2016 at 4:44 AM
Love Morrowind. I finished the main storyline but didn't get round to doing the other two regions. Must do so. Great game.

Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
I often like to waste some time on things like (not necessarily in this order):
  • 1602 AD
  • Arcanum - of Steamworks and Magicka Obscura
  • Banished
  • Capitalism II
  • Emperor - Rise of the Middle Kingdom
  • Kerbal Space Program
  • MineCraft 1.7.10 or MineCraft 1.2.5
  • Morrowind
  • Myst or URU
  • Papers, Please
  • Pax Imperia - Eminent Domain
  • Sid Meier's Pirates!
  • Sim City Societies
  • Singles 2
  • Space Engineers
  • Titan Quest (IT)

A rather long and diverse list, huh? And this is not the end of it, either... I could still go on for a bit.
Page 4 of 4