Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#1376 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 3:37 PM
Breeding!

17 babies were born today!
Advertisement
Scholar
#1377 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 5:28 PM
I have decided to do the Random Legacy Challenge with my self Sim as the founder.

My first roll was:

Couple
2 children
Primary income: Politics
Secondary income: Bartender barista
Generation goal: Deadbeat parents
Misc Fun: Fashion Diva
0 pets

My self Sim will take the fashion diva and be a barista. She has married an elder townie that is now in politics. Deadbeat parents doesn't sound too fun but it is less stressful can't wait to see how this all unfolds.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Forum Resident
#1378 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 6:37 PM
Jaleesa Larson (daughter of Jason Larson) has had it. All her life, she has felt neglected. When she was younger, she was always in the shadow of her older and prettier half sister Isamu (incidentally, her father is the late Isaac Gavigan, conceived when her mother was their nanny). Her mother was very traditional in regards to her simasian ethnicity. Isamu completely rebelled against that, wearing immodest clothes and acting wild and STILL she was the favored daughter. Jaleesa tried to please her mother by dressing and wearing her hair in an simasian style, but no one in the family ever commented on it. When Isamu got pregnant as a teenager, Jaleesa thought her parents would finally see that Isamu wasn't the little angel they thought she was. Somehow, it didn't work out that way. Her parents were crazy about the baby, so Jaleesa got even less attention. Her mother even painted a picture of Isamu and the baby and hung it in her room. Jaleesa decided to paint a picture of herself and give it to her mom for her room. Her mother just said 'that's very nice, dear, you should hang it in your room' (which she actually did because she liked it even if no one else cared). When Isamu's boyfriend finished college, she and the baby moved in with him. Ah, now she had her parents all to herself! Unfortunately, her mother died the very next day of old age. Ok, now her father had no one but Jaleesa so she was sure to get attention, right? Nope, her father remarried the very next month. She couldn't believe it, how disrespectful. To make matters worse, her father is in middle elderhood and his wife is just out of college! At this point, Jaleesa is sick of it all. She started wearing shorter dresses, got a new hairstyle and a boyfriend (finally someone who cares!). She has given up on her family. Now she is just hoping the new wife won't have a baby. The house belonged to her mother (her father moved in later) and it was left to Jaleesa in her will (since Isamu didn't need it). When her father dies, it will be all hers. Still, she doesn't relish the thought of having to kick out her stepmother if she has a child to care for.
Forum Resident
#1379 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 10:34 AM
Kyle and Tanya, the town healer and town midwife, spent the summer trying to find space in their house for more beds. Their lot is tiny, they lack the funds and building materials for another home, and their family needed more beds. By moving some of their food storage to a corner they were able to squeeze a second set of bunk beds into the bedroom/storage room. With the two new sleep spaces, all of the sims older than toddlers finally had their own places to sleep - no more taking turns for now. There are now four bunk spaces and a double mat on the floor. There are also three toddler mats, and a baby basket was placed in a corner of the kitchen/living space, as Tanya was pregnant again. Near the end of the summer, she gave birth to the family's eighth child. Their eldest, Delana, aged to teen, and has become a fortune/pleasure sim. Her father is very proud of her and hopes she'll study medicine, but she's more interested in dates. Unfortunately for her, almost everyone she knows is one of her cousins. She is interested in earning scholarships, but her interests are fairly broad and I'm not sure what direction she'll end up going in yet.

At the monastery, the old abbot has died. The new abbot, Owen, is part of the faction that sees alien abductions as being done by angels of the Watcher. The doctor at the monastery, Finnegan, also sees alien abductions that way, but brother Glifford is terrified of the idea of meeting aliens. Of the three of them, Finnegan is the only one who hasn't met aliens. Glifford had come through his encounter with personality changes and skill losses (part of the reason he's against aliens), but Owen spent the first part of the summer pregnant as a result of his encounter. The three monks spent two days discussing their views but hadn't come to an agreement by the time Owen went into labour. As soon as Polina was born, Owen rolled wants to play with her and learn parenting. Glifford avoided her for a day, but then he autonomously began to take care of her. He still doesn't think alien abductions are always done by angels but now he's at least open to the idea that Polina might be just a child and not a demon. He's a bit concerned that the abbot loves her too much to consider that she might be dangerous, though. He does think she is some sort of punishment from the Watcher, at the least. In an effort to avoid further punishment, Glifford spent much more time than the brothers usually spend in work and prayer. Owen adores Polina, and when she aged to toddler, he rolled solid wants to teach her all her skills. He spent a hurried couple of days teaching them to her, but the brothers decided that she is to move to the abbey next door in the fall. The nuns there have set up a school, and there is another toddler there for Polina to play with. Each brother has different reasons for wanting her to go to the abbey - Owen thinks that being with other children at the school will be best for her; Glifford thinks the nuns will keep a closer eye on any possible dangers she may pose than Owen would; and Finnegan agrees with Owen that the abbey is a better home for the little girl but also thinks sending her there is a good way to reach a compromise position between the other two monks. The difference in opinion about aliens seems to be leading to other differences in the beliefs of Owen and Glifford; for the most part, Finnegan supports the abbot's views, but he's also trying to push for a middle path between Owen and Glifford's positions. The monks seem to be heading towards a split - is the Watcher loving and compassionate, or stern and vengeful?
Mad Poster
#1380 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 1:16 AM
To Mark and Marsha Munny, twin boys; Grant (with green eyes!) and Cash (with gray eyes!). Mark is going around looking insufferably pleased with himself. Ernest and Sage Ann, the proud grandparents, keep picking them up and looking at them, though Ernest had to swallow a little bit of disappointment that he still hasn't gotten his little girl. Mark invited his brother and sister-in-law over, and Frank and Amanda seem to have divvied up the aunt-and-uncle duties, with Frank taking Grant and Amanda taking Cash. Amanda threw up about five times and fielded as many remarks about her own state. She's convinced she had some bad pizza when she went to her sister Martine's engagement party at the sorority.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1381 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 12:17 PM
Sims 4 came on sale, so I've been playing it! Yep time to hang up sims 2 and Coral Bay and move on...

Not :Lol: But I did manage to make myself a sim lady and 7 toddlers so I can start out learning to play doing the 7 toddler challenge- why yes I am crazy, why do you ask? I managed to build them a mangulated little house while cursing how I couldn't do certain things. At least before I saved I figured how to put walls up-sigh. Lets hope they all don't die/get taken away as I learn to play.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#1382 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 2:10 PM
Oh dear lord, Jo My advice would be to make large meals and let the toddlers eat from those. Don't bother with the high chairs. As long as they have easy access to the food, they'll get it themselves. But with the way everything else is handled, if you put down plenty of toys, bookshelves, and beds, you'll only have to look after hygiene and attention. The only skill that really needs personal attention from you is Potty Training up to level 2. Sims 4 toddlers are pretty easy to take care of, all told.
Mad Poster
#1383 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 7:11 PM
Playing with Maxis given sims in Desiderate Valley...

Had Natasha Uno purchase Copur Kitchen Cook-Off lot and she now runs it as a restaurant. The Menu only serves grilled cheese sandwhiches.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1384 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
Oh dear lord, Jo My advice would be to make large meals and let the toddlers eat from those. Don't bother with the high chairs. As long as they have easy access to the food, they'll get it themselves. But with the way everything else is handled, if you put down plenty of toys, bookshelves, and beds, you'll only have to look after hygiene and attention. The only skill that really needs personal attention from you is Potty Training up to level 2. Sims 4 toddlers are pretty easy to take care of, all told.

I have watched quite a few youtube 7 toddler videos and know enough not to use highchairs, it's the actual controls getting me and how v-e-r-y s-l-o-w it all is. Told her to make a meal (yikes costs money, they only have what they came with) I save and exit to figure how to take a photo since the C key didn't seem to work . Reload later and the toddlers had moved! Her chopping board of ingredients, outside?! Put it back on the counter and she can't use it. $14 wasted. Try again, I'm sitting there watching a long cooking show it seems. I'm like hurry up woman, making salad shouldn't take that long.
Next issue, take tot to potty. No they have to sit down and chat first. O_o I don't want to chat to a toddler about the potty, I want to grab him and put his butt on it. Whats with all the conversations?

So does C only take a picture in live mode? I switched to sims 3 camera since I couldn't tilt down in sims 4 camera? Space bar changes the sim portrait but doesn't jump to the sim? Where the frick is the back button?!

Oh also on food, I saw one lets play use some round table party buffet and the kids could eat from that, is that a base game item? I'm thinking not.

So far the read too all toddlers is a good interaction. I just feel the controls for play are so clunky.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#1385 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 10:55 PM
Frankie is fucking shit up i.e. the usual. He's unleashed chaos on Belladonna Cove (for the lols), which I'm certain most inhabitants do not appreciate. Yet Frankie is on freindly terms with almost everyone??? I'm not sure what I did.
Feeladelphia has expanded significantly- there are now 27 residential lots, 3 still under construction that I'm propbably going to end up demolishing, and 2 community lots. I learned that I can't community lot very well. The hood looked super rad with the totalitarian sky that I had but at somepoint accidentally deleted.

@SneakyWingPhoenix there's actually a place that only serves tostis near my house
Inventor
#1386 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Try again, I'm sitting there watching a long cooking show it seems. I'm like hurry up woman, making salad shouldn't take that long.
Next issue, take tot to potty. No they have to sit down and chat first. O_o I don't want to chat to a toddler about the potty, I want to grab him and put his butt on it. Whats with all the conversations?

Welcome to Sims 4, the Talking Simulator. I swear at least 80% of interactions is various flavors of chatting between sims. They do like to take their time. With my sims, it seems stopping their meal to stare off into space for half an hour is a favorite hobby. On the toddler side of things, I do tend to find it goes a bit quicker if I have the toddler ask the adult for whatever they need (potty/food/bath) because the adult caretaker seems programmed to drop everything once a request by a toddler is made.

Quote:
So does C only take a picture in live mode? I switched to sims 3 camera since I couldn't tilt down in sims 4 camera? Space bar changes the sim portrait but doesn't jump to the sim? Where the frick is the back button?!

Oh also on food, I saw one lets play use some round table party buffet and the kids could eat from that, is that a base game item? I'm thinking not.

I have my camera set to Sims 3, as well. I couldn't figure out the default mode. I can't help with the screenshot thing, sorry =( That's not something I've tried to do. Neither have I done the space bar to switch sims, I usually just click on the thumbnail (which I understand would be time-consuming with so many sims). Do you mean the undo button in Build/Buy mode? It's in the bar center top of the screen.

No, as far as I know the party buffet isn't base game. Uh... *does quick check* Nope, it came with the Luxury Party Stuff Pack.

(I apologize in advance if you were mostly venting/poking fun at the game and I'm being too serious >.>; )
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1387 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 5:50 AM
No I'm after help. I just had a fire and all I could think of was exit without saving, so there goes that whole session. I tried clicking but there was no extinguish just something about how I can't do that there's a fire, well yes brilliant EA thanks, no fire fighter and no extinguisher? I Googled watched a video where the guy did have extinguish and he simply danced and died. Then I google and find there is a sprinkler which works half of the time? Ridiculous, I'm going to delete the oven, they can live on salad.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#1388 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 6:41 AM
Holey mother of cheese...

So, when I interrupted Drama Acres a year ago to finish up the GS Uberhood Challenge, I had a lot of stuff hanging fire, especially pregnancies. In the house of Merlin and Georgia Hawkins, their son Peregrine had just aged to toddler and Merlin was in his third trimester of alien pregnancy. So today I get back to that house, and Merlin pottytrains Peregrine, puts him to bed, heads downstairs for a bite to eat, stops at the foot of the stairs, and has twin girls!

Savannah has big black eyes and Prairie has little ones; otherwise they are identical at the moment. Savannah has no neat points and Prairie has ten. Prairie also has ten nice and ten playful points, which have to have come from the PT because Merlin's grouchy and serious. They had to completely rearrange the entire house and make an emergency run to Merlin's sister's Kid Supply Store. Peregrine keeps getting out of the toddler bed even though he's sleepy; no idea what that's about, since the babies aren't making noise.

I'm now a little nervous about the other pending births in this hood.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#1389 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 9:55 AM
Sounds a little familiar to me, Peni
Instructor
#1390 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 2:42 PM
No I'm after help. I just had a fire and all I could think of was exit without saving, so there goes that whole session. I tried clicking but there was no extinguish just something about how I can't do that there's a fire, well yes brilliant EA thanks, no fire fighter and no extinguisher? I Googled watched a video where the guy did have extinguish and he simply danced and died. Then I google and find there is a sprinkler which works half of the time? Ridiculous, I'm going to delete the oven, they can live on salad.

Now you know my *past* pain~ All I can say is good luck... :D
Inventor
#1391 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 6:09 PM

Yikes. I haven't had a fire in a while, but as far as I remember your sim should have been able to extinguish it. I'm guessing it was a very unfortunate bug :/ . I wonder if it's related to the toddlers. I ran into a bug where once my toddlers grew into children they suddenly lost the ability to go up stairs. I had to save and reload for it to correct. Not an option, obviously, when there's a fire. I don't understand the absence of firefighters, either. There's a smoke detector but what's the point of it? I guess it's useful if you have a houseful of sims and one wanders off to set fire to the stove without the player noticing. Fortunately, they become much less likely to start a cooking fire once they gain a level or two in cooking.
Instructor
#1392 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 6:15 PM
Rick Contrary died from the flu. The poor soul never really got the chance to be truly happy.

Yesterday, Brandi Broke had quadruplets. She is the first and only sim in my Uberhood to have 10 children. Her three-story trailer home is so crowded. Thank SimGod that she’s aging into an elder soon.

Quote: Originally posted by monijt1

Buck Grunt is moving into his new home, and getting married. As a reward, I'm getting him a cat. When he was a teen, I promised him that I would get him one, once he gotten married.

Buck did get married, and I fulfilled my promise to him. He named his cat after his deceased father, General Buzz.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Top Secret Researcher
#1393 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 8:16 PM Last edited by Gcgb53191 : 5th Feb 2017 at 10:13 PM.
I've been away from the game since I've decided to organize all of our family photos. It was fun at first but now its getting frustrating!

Malcolm Landgraab VIII decided to take his entire family to the Landgraab beach home. Everyone of age was able to go, unfortunately this will be the only time they can all go as a one big family since it'll be more than 8 sims after baby Jordan ages up into a child. Georgina and Anthony shared some big news with the family, they're expecting another baby! I hope its a girl this time.

When they returned from Simwai'i, Malcolm IX aged into a toddler and looks just like his daddy. Its interesting to see how the Landgraab face hasn't changed too much generations later. I mean obviously it doesn't look like the Malcolm that first came with the game but you can definitely tell they're a Landgraab. Although now their signature look has changed from blonde hair, dark eyes, dark skin to dark hair, dark skin and green eyes.
Mad Poster
#1394 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 8:55 PM
I had a sudden fit of inspiration and created a whole new base hood for my next apocalypse story. I've decorated it and everything. The hood is situated in a big crack in the ground and is supposed to simulate a kind of shanty town where all the dwellings are makeshift huts put together with scrap metal and wood. I found some gorgeous shipping containers for hood deco and there's even a train bridge running across it to give the whole place the abandoned feel.

I think I might change my skins around before I populate that hood.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Top Secret Researcher
#1395 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 10:42 PM
I had become a bit bored with a couple of Sims. (I don't know why I find some Sims boring-illogical). They were living in an apartment and hadn't yet found the jobs they wanted. The female, Petra, was pregnant. She chose the path when she would complain of hunger yet wouldn't go to the fridge as he husband, Ren, did. So I helped her along the way and she starved while heavily pregnant. Ren was naturally upset at losing a wife and baby. So he visited his friend down the road who had a genie lamp and used a wish to resurrect her. All fine except Petra didn't know who Ren was.
Ren took his pregnant wife, no longer his wife, to a seemingly abandoned small house on the coast (he'd moved out of the apartment). The house was not abandoned but inhabited by what my Sims call an immortal (Sims I abandoned long ago or who are placeholders).Immortals are not known for their morals.
Gina, the immortal, was delighted at having company after generations of no contact. She was attracted to Ren but didnt want the pregnant Petra. The house was small so Gina offered to build another room for the pregnant one. Petra, rather confused and tired, went in and lay on the shabby bed. Gonna locked the door.
Ren and Gina flirted with one another and Ren appeared to have completely forgotten about Petra and didn't notice her absence. Gina fed Petra until she gave birth.
Now the new download comes into play. I had been repulsed but fascinated by it for years but had never downloaded it until the other day - the OMGWTF baby barbecue...
Petra had twins coincidentally so Gina took one and roasted it. Ren came home from work to find a baby daughter with no memory of another.
Before killing Petra with fire Gina gave her one last meal...
Truly the most evil thing I've done in the Sims.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1396 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
Yikes. I haven't had a fire in a while, but as far as I remember your sim should have been able to extinguish it. I'm guessing it was a very unfortunate bug :/ . I wonder if it's related to the toddlers. I ran into a bug where once my toddlers grew into children they suddenly lost the ability to go up stairs. I had to save and reload for it to correct. Not an option, obviously, when there's a fire. I don't understand the absence of firefighters, either. There's a smoke detector but what's the point of it? I guess it's useful if you have a houseful of sims and one wanders off to set fire to the stove without the player noticing. Fortunately, they become much less likely to start a cooking fire once they gain a level or two in cooking.

She had two cooking points but it was her first time to ever use the stove, just an omelet. I haven't gone back yet since I will have to replay the entire day.

~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#1397 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 9:46 AM
Elladan is a concert pianist with maxed-out musical skill. He threw a party for nine of his friends, and pushed the boat out for them, buying a hot tub, a bubble-blower and a mah-jong table. The party was a great success, but left the household short of cash. They had enough money to pay the maid and gardener, but only just. Elladan had no engagements for the next two days, and he needed to earn some money.

For him, I built the Albert Hall. It is round, with a domed roof, like the London concert hall; but the Pleasantview version has rather better acoustics. At first I put only a white grand piano in the middle of the red carpet, with sofas around, and a couple of bars. Elladan drove up in his flashy white car, and sat down to perform jazz. Eight members of the public turned up to applaud, and to drop cash into his pot. During the interval he shook out the pot, and found he had collected five hundred simoleons. Every member of the audience wanted to shake his hand, and he joked and chatted about music. After the interval he shooed the sim doodling on the piano, and sat down to perform country. Again the audience were enthusiastic, and dropped more cash in the pot. He counted up again - another five hundred simoleons! He drove home for lunch and a shower.

Meanwhile, it seemed to me that the music he performed would sound better with four instruments. Back to the Albert Hall I went, and furnished it with a guitar, a bass, and a set of drums. When Elladan was refreshed and ready to go again, this time he took his housemate Gil-galad with him in the white car. After all, Gil-galad needed another creativity point for his work. With Elladan on piano and Gil-galad on guitar, they performed jazz; and another eight sims turned up to admire and clap. Without being invited, two of them took over the bass and drums, and were not bad at all. During the interval our heroes went round shaking hands, joking and chatting, and then managed to turn off two enthusiastic fans from their instruments, to perform country music for the second half. By the end of the concert, they had shaken another thousand simoleons out of their pots. The household was now a full two thousand simoleons richer than it had been after the party. Their money problems were over.
Scholar
#1398 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 3:57 AM
Apparently I chose the correct townie for my Random Legacy Challenge. I heard that Abhijeet Deppiesse (Whose name I changed to Matthew...the name of my bf ) comes with a twin token. I wasn't sure I had the right one since this guy was an elder and looked nothing like what Wiki says...but apparently I do. Did Try For Baby, and scanned with the Sim Blender to find I got twins on the way! I may not have to teach them skills since I have Deadbeats Parents but I can make them skill build.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Forum Resident
#1399 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 10:43 AM
Andrew Cooper, who's fear of marriage to his fiancee Vanessa lead to him blatantly cheating on her, wanted to marry another of his loves. He asked Heather on a date and proposed to her, and didn't roll any fears to marry her. They got married following another date, and Heather moved in with Andrew and his two daughters. Lynn seems to like Heather, but they aren't having very good conversations, and Elsie seems to be doing her best to ignore Heather. Elsie threw herself into her musical studies, and the only person in the house she rolled wants to interact with all summer was Lynn. A day after getting married, Heather became pregnant. On leave from her job as a delivery person, she tried selling some of the barrels that Andrew had been making. She's not a good salesperson yet, but she is starting to get the hang of taking payments and making change. That night the ghost of Andrew's first wife, Rita, toured the house. She walked through her bed a couple of times, but didn't disturb either Andrew or Heather. Elsie became a teenager the next day, and given her new passion for music, she rolled the perfect LTW; she wants to be a famous bard. New baby Andrea was born later that night, and Rita walked again. For the first time she scared someone - her daughter Elsie. Fortunately, Elsie's motives were very high, as Rita seemed fixated on her and scared her again before the night was out.

At their sheep farm, Gavin and Jeanne have been hiding Garrett, Tina, and their son Gareth. A strange man dressed as a wealthy sailor has been asking questions about the old royal family, and Ginger has warned the family that he's one of their enemies. So far, Garrett hasn't seen the man, but Gallagher has and he's drawn pictures so they'll recognize him. Garrett and Tina are going to try to draw his attention away from their tiny son by openly going to the mainland. There, they plan to travel and change their identities a few times before coming back to the island and reuniting with Gareth. Jeanne and Gavin will keep Gareth hidden by pretending he's one of their children. Unfortunately, that won't work for too long - Gareth looks almost exactly like a toddler version of Trent but with Garrett's skintone, and as he's the island's highest ranking nobility, everyone knows Trent. They may just have to keep Gareth at home on their farm - it's fairly far into the country. Fortunately, they have two children of their own for him to play with and to explain away all of the baby items they've got in their house.

At the pig farm, the summer was hectic with new piglets and too many children off from school. Child nine, June, was born at the start of summer, with Aunt Tanya acting as midwife as she has been for the births of all of the Porcher children. There was a lot of work about the farm, but with so many hands about to do it everything was done quickly and there was a lot of time for play. The eldest, Noel, shifted from wanting to torment her siblings to wanting to make friends with the one she'd bullied the most. It took her a while, but she finally managed to build some trust and then friendship with Julie. It helped that both are interested in nature - Julie is very proud of her small tomato patch, and she loved it when Noel talked to her about it. Chantal spent most of the summer trying to get everyone else to be as interested in chess as she is - they'd play, but nobody else stuck to the board each day. Wes, who aged up to child mid summer, loves playing with the toddlers, but so far he hardly has any relationship with his older siblings. Noel aged to teen on the second last day of summer, and rolled a want to become the abbess. The next morning, Carol gave birth to child number ten, Carlos. She then immediately rolled a want for twenty grandchildren. Sorry Carol, you've got a long wait for that - your eldest became a teen yesterday, and she wants to become a nun.
Forum Resident
#1400 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 3:03 PM
Hollis:

Melissa Fancey quit her job and opened up the Fancey Foods Delicatessen in the shop-space underneath her apartment. Her twins, Niveah (nivea) and Mya turned 1, and their dad, Gian Baruccolo (Goopy Gilscarbo) finally got to know his daughters when he came by to celebrate. It was a genuine relief to get this little family this far as Melissa nearly died in a kitchen fire in her deli when she tried to make Berry Pie. I forced her to stop panicking and put the bloody thing out but it was a near miss. The fire had spread to her nearby countertops before I could get her to completely extinguish it, but she made it. And then I installed a smoke alarm. I can't have her dying - her twins need her and they've both got HER nose thank goodness so I want them to make it into adulthood!

Next door, Marylena Hamilton finally gave birth to a baby girl called Nina, for her boyfriend Joe Carr. Joe turned out to be a pretty good dad and things were going well (if chaotically trying to run what was effectively a household with THREE infants in it...) until in true Sims fashion, things got weird. Joe and Marylena kept refusing to eat until their bars were in the red (courtesy of their stupid computer which seemed to distract them to the point that they were leaving baby Nina on the floor writhing in green stink and screaming her little head off while they 'blogged about sports.' I've decided to remove the damn thing as I need them to function a little better than that. Poor haggard Melissa literally hauled bottles until she passed out to get the twins safely into toddlerhood.

The deli was actually quite profitable, probably because it's not a sit down restaurant. Sims come in, pick what foods they want from the decrachill and pay for it at the register. They made about S600 in their first opening, which was good since no one but Marylena was employed with a maxis job. There are two additional spaces available for sims to move into but I think I'll either rebuild the shops/housing as individual family buildings, or keep the other two units empty until the kids reach childhood. I can't manage the babies and the parents and single Sandy Bruty (she kept getting into fights with Joe Carr and he kept marching into her apartment to slap her. Good grief.)
Page 56 of 351