Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 12:16 AM
Customizing Apartments :C
So I was hoping to build up one of the nicer apartment shells in Bridgeport. Everything was great until I zoomed out and the Shell was bursting into my rooms. So I had to scrap the build. I just wasted 4 hours. I'm kind of mad.

I really like having apartment and all, but I'm builder, I like making homes and lots. I hate the restrictions! its like given me a shoe box and telling me to make a diorama about all 3 of the Lord of the Rings Movies. D:
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 12:19 AM
The shell was bursting into your rooms? What?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 12:25 AM
Yeah, So imagine the Outside of the apartment building. I was using the 2 story apartment and decided to expand the 2nd floor out and move the hot tub to the 2nd floor. So, zoom out after to put windows, doors, walls up, and low behold the facade of the apartment build is now on the inside of your new snazzy apartment.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 2:19 AM
Shouldn't it disappear after zooming back in?

Also, some buildings aren't made to go past the penthouse level, if you try to build a multi-story apartment in certain buildings the draw model won't disappear when you're zoomed in.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 9:32 PM
Zooming back in does make the outside of the building disappear, but it just kind of makes me mad that EA can't do a make-your-own High Rise apartment penthouse kit or something.
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 3:03 AM
Learn to mesh