Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 11:24 PM
Default Populating the town with your own Sims
So I was answering someone's question in another thread and I got this idea. If I understand the game mechanics correctly, new Sims that are brought into town are (or can be) pulled from the Sim Bin. Am I correct in this statement?

If so... would it be possible to save many unique Sims to the Sim Bin and hope and pray they are picked to be new residents in the town?

Anyone know where the game generates the town's new residents? I like the idea of creating my own Sims as background characters (as I tend to focus on one family, plus the characters the game generates are very Vanilla) but its tedious to go through the trouble of creating them, naming them and moving them in.

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 6:50 PM
As far as I know, if you are using EA story progression, no. If you want the new sims with features like the ones in your bin, you will need AwesomeMod or Twallan's Story Progression Mod, and set the options for that feature.

I haven't used EA story progression for a long while, but I know that was one of the reasons I left it alone. I use Twallan's and love how some of my new families are created. Sometimes I save them.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
As far as I know, if you are using EA story progression, no. If you want the new sims with features like the ones in your bin, you will need AwesomeMod or Twallan's Story Progression Mod, and set the options for that feature.

I haven't used EA story progression for a long while, but I know that was one of the reasons I left it alone. I use Twallan's and love how some of my new families are created. Sometimes I save them.

Soo, EA's Story Progression doesn't pick Sims out of the Sim Bin but Twallan's mod does? Did I get that right? Too tired to process information.

I've stayed away from the Story Progression mods, they just don't do it for me. Too many features and changes I don't want. But maybe Twallan's is different. I had the Super Controller at one point and it was very good.
Retired
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 6:48 AM
Twallan's story progression is essential if you want a save game without damaging errors that will, in a few generations, destroy it. EA simply haven't made sustainable gameplay a guarantee - and Twallan's SP fixes that to some degree ALTHOUGH it comes with risks of its own. It's very customisable - I like that I can make my Simbots and Ghost immortal with it.

As to the Sim Bin issue, EA story progression will pull Sims out of the Sim Bin and you can end up with clones. I'm not certain if Twallan's fixes this and what alternative method it would use.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
As to the Sim Bin issue, EA story progression will pull Sims out of the Sim Bin and you can end up with clones. I'm not certain if Twallan's fixes this and what alternative method it would use.

Thanks kiwi_tea. The bolded part is what I missed, but now with Twallan's SP, the sims are genetically connected with binned sims.

Quote:
Equal Chance to All Bin Sims
When disabled, the system randomly chooses a bin household, and then random chooses a sim from that household as a immigrant genetic donor

I have had some really good looking sims immigrate to my worlds.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.