Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 8:46 PM Last edited by IssacHinderson : 13th Dec 2010 at 9:03 PM. Reason: Prettified bullet list
Sim is broadcasting some weird status constantly that causes other sims to freak out
(Not sure if this is intended game play, or a glitch, trying with game play angle first)

I have a vampire household, that have two vampire kids. They are both grown to YA now. One of the kids is constantly causing other sims to freak out continuously. By freak out, I mean when the other sims enter his presence, they:
  1. Shuffles their hands, whimpers and look left and right as though they are scared
  2. Hold their head on the sides, bend their knees and scream in panic/terror (in simlish of course)
  3. They are definitely reacting to this sim, since in their thought bubbles is this sim's thumbnail
  4. There's no action queued up in the reacting sim, so nothing to cancel

The problem causing sim is NOT evil and have all positive traits.

This is gameplay interfering for sure. Sometimes the other sims would be stuck doing this reaction for hours until the trouble sim leaves the room. Even queuing up other actions for the reacting sims don't help. Sometimes, they will get a little window in between freaks out and start doing things but would go back to freak out.

The weird thing is only this one sim is causing this severely. The other three family members don't have this reaction to each other. Once a while, this problem sim would do the same thing to the other sim, but nowhere near as gameplay interfering, as he freaks out once and go on his merry way.

To get a little more technical, I am positive that this sim is stuck broadcasting some status. I poked around with S3PE and it's not celebrity or vampire reactions (I made tuning mods to disable those and it still happens).

I am hoping someone can help me identify what this reaction is so I can try to remedy it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 10:36 PM
Because they are vampires. I recall their's a XML file somewhere that you can edit to get rid of the reactions, but I don't know where...
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 11:30 PM
if you resetsim the trouble sim it should stop.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!