Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 6:02 PM
Default Summon Acquainted
I have a Sim who has reached Level 9 in Magic Skills, but is an absolute failure at Summon Acquainted. It works maybe 1 time in 10. Is this part of the gameplay, or am I missing something? Also, should he need to review a spell every single time beforehand? If he doesn't he seems to only be able to do Fire and Ice. Seems an odd system.

(I have EPs: Late Night, and Supernatural, plus Midnight Hollow which is where this Sim lives)
Advertisement
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 7:31 PM
I am assuming you are actually referring to the Spellbook from the Store, as witches don't actually have a Summon Acquainted spell on their own. If this is the case, the spells from the Spellbook are not connected with any skill levels you have as a witch. So yes, you DO need to periodically review the spells from the book to get them to work properly with any consistency.

If your spells from "normal" witch skill levels are failing a lot, check to see what wand you are using, as some have a higher chance to "fail" a spell. Or get the Magic Hands Lifetime Award, and dispense with wands (and spell failure) altogether.