Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 3:01 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sims 3 complete EP run smooth?
Sooooooo....
Its been 1 year since EA slays sims 3

But

Anyone managed to run sims 3 and its entire EP smoothly? With dl contents plus tons of mods included

and i mean on a 6 sims week legacy save in notorious laggy neightborhood (bridgeport, isla paradiso)

If such exist can you share me your spects

I will purchase a custom alienware 18 with specs
nvidia gtx 860m sli
intel 4930 xm or 4940 xm if i can bargain
16 gb ram
80gb ssd gor cache or 500gb ssd if i can bargain

Will this notebook run this sims 3 complete ep smoothly

I always think sims 3 is a better game under lag free circumstances

Blurp
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 6:44 PM
I'm not an expert enough on hardware to answer definitively, but I would be shocked if any current laptop or desktop could run a game like you describe without lag.

I have a gaming purpose built PC (i7-4770k, GTX770, SSD and 16 GB of RAM), and TS3 still lags despite countless attempts at optimization. My game contains all EPs/SPs/Store content, plus tons of mods. If I disable NRaas Story Progression + Register, my game performs a bit better, but I'd rather suffer through lag than play without them.

I can get around the worst lags by using Master Controller to reset my town every few days. I also avoid apartment shells, since they seem to cause the most routing issues.

Even with all of that, whenever I switch over to TS4 I'm reminded how laggy and unoptimized TS3 is.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 1:31 AM
The experience of everyone I know who plays TS3 on a top-end gaming rig is that it runs well, but not perfectly - it still lags a bit, has slow loading and transitions esp. between live and buy/build mode, and occasionally freezes and crashes. You can definitely make it more than playable if you sink enough money into your rig, you can get very good performance for sure, but TS3 is "ahead of its time" in that there is as yet no consumer hardware which can run it entirely smoothly.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 8:05 AM
Interesting responses

I always thought and nearly fed up on sims3 that no computer , even NASA computer can run it properly

because of the routing issues, horrible scripting and such

But in truth i ran sims 3 complete without many mods, save it for overwatch, master controler, sliders, custom skin and few clothing or make up
i have no interest on twallan story progression because it complicates everything

I thought if they just have proper scripts and routing (sunset valley, the future world) it will run better

Blurp
Theorist
#7 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by archwyvern
Interesting responses

I always thought and nearly fed up on sims3 that no computer , even NASA computer can run it properly

because of the routing issues, horrible scripting and such

But in truth i ran sims 3 complete without many mods, save it for overwatch, master controler, sliders, custom skin and few clothing or make up
i have no interest on twallan story progression because it complicates everything

I thought if they just have proper scripts and routing (sunset valley, the future world) it will run better

Yeah and fixed all the bugs instead of piling more on, removed or fixed all the auto-spawning problems, ect...

I also don't know of anybody that plays TS3 and has the game run perfectly. The better the rig the game is installed on, the lesser the headaches, however that doesn't make up for all the crap that should have never been written into the code of the game to begin with.

I say this and my game which I take care of is pretty much next to useless at the moment. I spent I don't know how many hours yesterday cleaning crap out and doing the whole maintenance thing that I always talk about and a single piece of cc has corrupt my game. It isn't new custom content, it's been in my game for a year and half. When I removed it yesterday, it didn't completely uninstall. My game can be played, but it's screwed up as there is no nice way to describe it. I have searched high and low for that stupid file and I can't find it. There is only so many places a package file can hide, so New Years eve will be spent re-installing.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 5:17 PM
I'm not a non-tech person, I understand very well the challenges in making a game like TS3 and the impact that mods have on a game like that, especially CC which is not designed to work with the graphics engine (like most custom hairs). I just don't choose to play, and wouldn't choose to design, a game which has those problems.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 10:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
This is why TS4 was such a let down, because by today's standard a 64-bit open world is more than possible and would make TS3 the way it should've been imagined 10 years ago! Instead... EA chose to wuss out and took a 10 year step back.

Well, based on what I know about TS4 development...

TS4 was originally planned to be an "online only" game. But the latest SimCity installment was so widely reviled that EA did a double-take and instructed Maxis to change TS4 into a standalone game, but did not allow them to delay the release of the game.

For an "online only" game, TS4 having so many features cut out somewhat makes sense. But as a standalone game, it had to overcome the already-high standard TS3 had set since 10 years ago, and it fell flat on its cartoonish face.

Had TS4 been designed to be a standalone game with online elements thrown in (e.g., better / more imaginative implementation of Simports), we might've received a game worthy to be the 'spiritual successor' of TS3.

Blame EA's neverending greed to fleece gamers.

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 3:22 PM
I have to admit that most times I run TS3 in high settings all EP/SP plus a couple of defaults and all Store content… I feel a bit left out of all these tales of slowness and crashes and “w0rst game evar” that surround the community

In those sort of cases, I'm very glad I feel left out

I have mid-high range PC so not even recommending specs