Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 8:47 PM
Default Survey
I just had an email survey request and as it said I'd get £4 of Simpoints free for completing it I did just that! (haven't tried to redeem them yet though). Anyway it was a load of ideas from the Sims Store - what would I buy etc. The main theme seemed to be a Spa type town with celebs and and the options were to have it with a magical woods theme, with crime problems or with ecological issues. They were also looking at a lot of magic ideas - eg a haunted library, magical cauldron item, new lots like a coffee shop, pizza place, bakery (trust me to remember all the foodie ones). Fingers crossed Sims 3 gets a bit more magical!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 8:59 PM
SimPrograms has a copy of the entire survey. I really liked a lot of the ideas, but the survey was about the store, so if though the store is how EA plans on adding magic to the game, among other things, there are going to be a lot of unhappy simmers.
Instructor
#3 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gobot101
so if though the store is how EA plans on adding magic to the game, among other things, there are going to be a lot of unhappy simmers.

Damn straight. Makin' Magic is my favorite EP from the whole Sims series... if they're going to add magic to the game, they need to do it right. None of this half-assed, $15 for a haunted library with cauldron bullshit.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 9:09 PM
yes I was surprised - thought magic would at least be EP-worthy.
Instructor
#5 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 9:21 PM
It is EP worthy, if they do it right. There is so much potential behind a magic EP that EAxis needs to take the time to consider it before they just schlep out some flop $20 items, that give some shitty moodlet that lasts a sim hour.

That being said, I like the idea of the spa town in the forest, with some magical elements mixed in with it. Though Barnacle Bay was a huge disappointment, so idk.
Theorist
#6 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 9:41 PM
Aww I didn't get an email

Okay... some interesting stuff here (wish I could vote!) The town... well I don't know what to say, why EA can't make a NORMAL town without pirates or magic is beyond me, it sounds like a weird blend of modern and old fashioned magic which confused me. Without doubt EA will do a horrible execution.

Let's not forget that EA's charging us 35 freaking dollars for it!!! That is a true scam, I am so sick of companies overcharging for digital content. So this world with 10 new objects and added gameplay (which probably won't be very good) costs only 5 dollars less then a forty dollar EP that includes about 50-60 items with a ton of added gameplay??? That's horrible!

Putting my rage aside I liked a lot of the choices (like vending machines and rocking chairs) but the last question... that confused me and I REALLY hope it doesn't mean what I think. Is it talking about objects that you pay for but can only use a limited number of times before it's gone from your game?

Hi I'm Paul!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
Putting my rage aside I liked a lot of the choices (like vending machines and rocking chairs) but the last question... that confused me and I REALLY hope it doesn't mean what I think. Is it talking about objects that you pay for but can only use a limited number of times before it's gone from your game?

No, I think it means you'll like go buy a bottle of perfume, and your sim can use that bottle 5 times before it runs out and they have to go buy a new bottle.
Theorist
#8 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 5:29 AM Last edited by Captain THPS4 : 8th Dec 2010 at 8:40 AM.
Darn it, the survey is closed already! Why do EA's surveys always end so quickly? Arghhhhh...

I was pleased with the venue options. Really hoping a lot of people chose the bakery, coffee shop, and pizza parlor. Not sure what good a "luxury gym" would do though. I'm guessing your sim would have to pay a weekly membership to work out there which would mean only rich sims and VIPs will show up.

I hope we get everything in the pool and gym section. Good to see EA's hasn't forgotten about the diving board. I loved the surf machine in TS2 for consoles, but I'd like to see surfing as a full-blown skill. Having an in-pool juice bar would be a fresh way to make pools more fun, I think it would serve as a great example of how to make TS3 feel more advanced than TS2 too. The life-sized chess game sounds interesting. I've always wanted to make a tomb under my town's school that parodies Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

Bird watching sounds like something that should be offered with a Seasons EP. The snack cart, deep fryer, and ice cream making machine would have been perfect with an EP that included a carnival. Really the idea of everything on the survey being offered through the store rather than in an EP is a bit unsettling. I agree that magic shouldn't be limited to the store. I'm a bit concerned about the quality of future EPs now....
Forum Resident
#9 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 7:51 AM
Default Possible info on new upcoming worlds, objects and features
So there's apparently a survey issued by EA touting a bevy of new features regarding their online store. What's interesting is that the survey has only been issued to a small part of the Sims 3 community. It smells fishy and glittery to me....like a popstar with a dollar sign in the middle of her name to let people know she's phresh
You can find the original ariticle here: http://www.simprograms.com/26990/ne...ore/#more-26990 or just read below. warning placed, wall of text ahead.

Quote:
A Haunted Library with Magical Spell Book at $15 – A truly spooktacular library built out with 10 exclusive Gothique items. This venue is all ready to be placed in the game for some chilling reads. The crown jewel of this library is the magical spell book that is exclusive to the venue.

Will your Sims use their magic for good or for evil?

Magical Fountain that reverses Sim aging at $35 – Discover a whole new world with new Sims to meet and items and clothing only found in this world.

Nestled amidst dramatic mountains, towering trees, and sweeping vistas this luxury spa town has old world charm and modern comforts. Also included is a hidden magical fountain that reverses aging.

Trait Potions – Ability to have Sims drink a traits potion to unlock hidden traits and also change traits.

Perfume or Cologne – Sims can use perfume 5 times. Each time Sims use Perfume or Cologne they are very attractive to other Sims. There are only 5 uses.

Spells Scrolls – Spells that allow Sims to obtain a specific Moodlet. Spells can be cast 3 times before the scroll is depleted.

Box of Chocolates – Make friends fast by offering chocolates. Figure out who you want to impress since there aren’t enough chocolates for everyone.

What items are you interested in purchasing in The Sims 3 Store?

(Select as many as apply.)

•Worlds
•Home d cor like furniture, sculptures, beds, appliances, etc.
•Transportation
•Clothing
•Items from my favorite brands
•Items that improve or impact the overall gameplay
•Home improvement like doors, windows, walls, fireplaces, etc.
•Hair
•Other (please specify):
The rich and famous can find only the best things in life in this exclusive town.

However as they frolic among nature and enjoy spa treatments they fall victim to the organized criminals who prey on the unsuspecting tourists. Will you be on the side of good and help clean up the town or advance the cause of evil criminal masterminds?

The healing waters and the mineral wealth of the town draw tourists as well as those interested in making money.

But all of this interest is threatening the balance of nature. Some fight to keep the forests undeveloped but will they cave to the pressures of industrialization and the lure of Simoleons? How will you manage the fortunes of this town?

Celebrities and the rich flock to this town in search of relaxation and escape from the mundane. Many cannot resist rumors of the seemingly miraculous powers that linger in the woods and waters. Some of the townsfolk who live in the woods are highly secretive and seem to have a pale green tinge to them. Is it really magic at work?

Please take a moment to read the venue concept descriptions below. Now, based on these descriptions, please rank the venues you like the most, with 1 being your top choice, 2 being your 2nd favorite, and 3 being your third favorite. (Please rank 3 responses.)

•Pizza Parlor
•Haunted Library
•Mad Scientists Lab
•Bakery
•Coffee Shop
•Luxury Gym
•Clothing Store
•Games Arcade
What types of objects would you be interested in seeing in a location such as the Pool & Gym? (Select as many as apply.)

•Diving Board
•Rowing Machine
•Chair Massager
•Stair Master
•Velcro Wall
•Sauna
•Rock Climbing Wall
•Wave Machine that allows you to surf
•Yoga Ball
•In Pool Wet Juice Bar
What types of objects would you be interested in seeing in a location such as the Library? (Select as many as apply.)

•Secret Chambers
•Books of magical spells
•Giant Chess Game (life sized)
•Secret Doors
•Magical Paintings
Below is a list of potential names for the worlds that may be included in The Sims 3 Store. Please rank the top three names you like best. Place a 1 next to your favorite name, a 2 next to your second-favorite, and a 3 next to your third-favorite. (Please rank 3 responses.)

•Alpinesville
•Halcyon Springs
•Mount Zephyr
•Hidden Springs
•Vista Peak
•Crystal Streams
Which of these styles for a world do you like the most? (Select one answer.)

•Fantasy and Magical
•Based on real places around the world
•Historical
•Modern and Contemporary
Below are a list of items that will add gameplay to The Sims 3 that will be offered exclusively on The Sims 3 Store. These items range from changing your Sim’s skills to adding new food choices and more. Now, based on these descriptions, please rank the items you like the most, with 1 being your first choice, 2 being your second favorite, and 3 being your third favorite. (Please rank 3 responses.)

•Magic Cauldron – Brew up some trouble or some good. Use the fruits and flowers and ingredients collected in the world to create potions that give special Moodlets.
•Fountain of Youth – Sips from this fountain will return some youth to aging Sims.
•Deep Fryer – Mmmmmm donuts! Fish and Chips! What other culinary creations will you experiment with?
•Ice cream maker – Making frozen treats from the comfort of your own kitchen is fun for the whole family.
•Bear Skin Rugs – Get cozy with someone special, maybe even in front of the fire and see where animal attraction gets you.
•Vending Machine – When life demands a snack this marvel of modern living is the answer. Just don’t rock the vending machine! Are free snacks really worth risking serious bodily harm?
•Rocking Chair – Sit on the porch and watch the world roll on by. Rocking chairs have also been scientifically tested to soothe young Sims to sleep.
•Cuckoo Clock — This clock tells time in song and is a mechanical marvel.
•Wind chimes – The soft trill of these wind chimes will relax even the most stressed out Sims.
•Improved Fishing Rod and tackle box — Catch better fish faster with this improved fishing rod and tackle box.
•Recliner – Lay back and enjoy television in absolute comfort or even a book. Enjoy the best in relaxation and entertainment technology in any home.
•Hammocks – The ultimate in relaxation that you can enjoy indoors or outdoors.
•Amazing Sleep Bed – This bed guarantees the best sleep Simoleons can buy.
•Stereo with different dance moves – Unlock special dance moves by playing this stereo.
•Bird Watching binoculars – Learn a new skill – bird watching – and spend more time in the great outdoors.
•Basketball Hoop — Hours of fun and exercise for Sims of all ages.
•Snack Cart (hot chocolate, hot dogs etc) – For those on the go, grab a bite from a snack cart.
Please take a moment to read the descriptions below. Now, based on these descriptions, please rank the themes you like the most based on the description, with 1 being your top choice, 2 being your 2nd favorite, and 3 being your third favorite. (Please rank 3 responses.)

•Imperial Russia – Indulge in an empire of riches. In Tsarist Russia everything that glitters is gold (or maybe precious gems).
•Flower Power – Always keep things groovy with flower power fashions and furniture.
•Of Paradise – Experience living in paradise with South East Asian-inspired furniture.
•Atomic Age — This is the future we’ve all been waiting for.
•Tuscan Villa – Countless artists have attempted to capture the magic of the Tuscan countryside. Transform your world into a Tuscan escape.
•French Revolution – Capture the history, glory, and gory of the French Revolution.
•Asian Minimalist — Poise, balance, and serenity are all reflected in this furniture style.
•Hollywood Regency – This is the classic luxury styles of Hollywood at the height of glamour. With a setting and fashions like these, you don’t walk into rooms you sweep into them and command attention.
•Viva Las Vegas – Everything that happens in Vegas can stay there but that doesn’t mean you can’t bring the furniture and swank styles home with you.
•All The World’s a Stage – Everything you need to bring back the romance of Elizabethan England and the dramatic world of Shakespeare.
•Caribbean Colonial – Laze your days away among palm trees, courtyards ringed with colonial arches, and bougainvillea near the pool).
•Dessert Designs – The American Southwest comes alive in vibrant patterns. Live surrounded by natural materials that reflect the sun, sky, and earth.
•Miami Art Deco — Inspired by the extravagance of Miami during the roaring ’20s with sleek curves and sharp suites.
•Wild Wild West – Conquer the frontier and live the adventure. This is rugged living at its best.
How interested are you in purchasing an item from the Sims Store that provides special effects for your Sims, but could be used only a few times before the special effects wear off? (Select one answer.)

•Spells Scrolls – Spells that allow Sims to obtain a specific Moodlet. Spells can be cast 3 times before the scroll is depleted.
•Box of Chocolates – Make friends fast by offering chocolates. Figure out who you want to impress since there aren’t enough chocolates for everyone.
•Trait Potions – Ability to have Sims drink a traits potion to unlock hidden traits and also change traits.
•Perfume or Cologne – Sims can use perfume 5 times. Each time Sims use Perfume or Cologne they are very attractive to other Sims. There are only 5 uses.
Here are the concept screens of the Haunted library and the town.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a...monds82/Untitle
d2.jpg

d3.jpg

d.jpg

I'm highly interested in the food objects and the venue choices(yay food! pizza parlor AND a coffee shop AND a bakery? F**K YEAH!), but a little iffy on the idea of everything being sold through the store. Sound like it would cripple the community because (A) not everyone has access to the store, even people in the US, and (B) if everyone cant get a hold of the item, how would modding these new items and features work out?
UNLESS they are planning on opening a worldwide sims store with this notion, I'm not to sure this will go over well. Thoughts?
Scholar
#10 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 3:34 PM
Discussion going on in this thread about this if you'd like to join... http://linna.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=427568

It's too bad the survey is already closed. Wouldn't have minded a go at it.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 3:37 PM
I like the sound of the Miama Art deco store set, but my gut feeling says that the majority of people who filled out this questionnaire would have gravitated towards the fantasy and magic type sets.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 4:52 PM
what EA needs to do is to make a PROPER business EP so that we can have real Diners and Stores, not rabbit holes. There is a lot of potential of such a EP in a open world environment...and i don't want to see something like consignment store or fake late night apartments, half-baked attempts which should be a full EP in its own right.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 5:16 PM
If magic EP would include alternative, any alternative to Life Fruits, I'm buying. I'm just exceptionally unlucky with the things, it seems... Recently had a dozen or so special seeds planted... Not a single LF. Besides, having to skill gardening just to get them is boring.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 7:43 PM
*facepalm* where in the world was this thread yesterday? I must be blind because I totally didn't see it.

just to reiterate what I said in a different thread:
I'm highly interested in the food objects and the venue choices(yay food! pizza parlor AND a coffee shop AND a bakery? ice cream maker? DEEP FRYER? F**K YEAH!), but a little iffy on the idea of everything being sold through the store. Sound like it would cripple the community because (A) not everyone has access to the store, even people in the US, and (B) if everyone cant get a hold of the item, how would modding these new items and features work out?
UNLESS they are planning on opening a worldwide sims store with this notion, I'm not to sure this will go over well.

I like magic, but if it's not as good as the magic system in the Sims 1, then dont even bother EA. I'm now starting to think that the survey was partially what to offer in the store and partially what the next EP should be. If only EA would realize what a OFB type of EP could bring to the games. I hope this survey, that anyone barely got to fill out, is a nudge in the right direction.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 8:37 PM
I love how they are giving a 'preview' to what MIGHT come, but this really is not a good idea to sell this in the store. What happened to EP? Why cant they incorporate magic and and all this other stuff into an EP? Something fishy is going on...
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 10:12 PM
Honestly, if they can add interactions to objects and sell them in the store, I am all for it. I don't want magic so I don't have to buy it. But in an EP, they add things I do want and then things like Vampires and Mummies that I ignore in my game. An EP with JUST Magic items would be fine but that is not how it will be..because they want all of us to buy it. It will have some cool build features that I want or be combined with seasons or a business that I want. So I am all for the magic items available in the store or even a world with magic items incorporated into it. Then I can ignore it if I feel as if its not my thing without missing out on the big things the EP would bring. Same is true with things I want. If people don't want OFB items, then by all means, make them available at the store. I will buy the shop that allows a sim to work in a pizza parlor and comes with interactions such as tossing the pizza, assigning a played sim to the cash register, whatever. Sure, it would probably cost more than an OFB-type EP but if that is the only way I can get it it, so be it.

The things I think would be great in the store are themed items, such as historical (medieval, Victorian, Tudor, Futuristic) that have actions attached, such as a medieval fireplace that acts as a stove or a horse and buggy that acts as a vehicle. Not everyone wants a magic or medieval or futuristic EP but if we like that kind of stuff we are more apt to buy it from the store.
#17 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 5:23 PM
I don't think it's fishy at all because the store has got a new gameplay option. I'm expecting this to happen the question is when.