Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 6:20 AM
Default Simbots love being electrocuted
Hi I was playing my simbot/cyberbot (half sim half simbot, actually kind of a funny story how that happened...) Anyways I had her tinkering a computer and she got shocked but then I realised it actually gave her energy! It didnt hurt her and she actually got a + moodlet for it!

I've tried purposely repeating the shock but I dont know of a reliable way to do that. I might try and learn how to make mods and maybe come up with an electrical outlet a simbot can figuratively "plug" into which would basically instantly shock them giving them energy instead of having to sleep, effectively the same thing and the plug would be more realistic.

Anyone ever thought of this or seen a mod that does this? Or know someone better then I am at modding (which is anyone) who'd be able to help me make this?

Thanks,
Saraphiene

PS this is not a mod request but a general discussion on how. If anyone have any experience in mods and can help me please PM me or email me ([email protected])
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 7:04 AM
For modding help, try the Modding Discussion forum under Create There are folks there who will help you out.

For an answer to the "anybody seen this" part of your question, that's what the WCIF forum under Help is for

As for the idea, I really like it... thing about the simbot sleeping though is it takes time... if they can fill all their energy instantly, that's kinda cheaty. If it filled up just a lil bit so they'd have to do it a few times to get full, that'd be OK. Just my opinion though, some people don't care about the whole balance thing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 7:24 AM
I agree I dislike the instant gradification so a warm up bar like when your repairing something would be cool! But its a simbot.. a machine and it took alot of work to get so there should be some perks, specifically the realistic ones where a robot could charge via being plugged in and it should be significantly faster then sleeping. I think it would be even better if the amount of energy you get is based on your handiness and logic skill as for how well routed your subsystems are for energy transference. Just my two bits.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#4 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 1:06 PM
Have you tried using the WA electrocutor traps? Maybe those will also recharge your sim?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 10:12 PM
yes the traps work but only once and then they are disarmed or if they cant be disarmed I cant get my sim to walk onto them. I made an amazing electrical shower where I had two electrical traps on the opposing walls and neon black lights colored cyan framing the floor to wall and wall to cieling. Only problem is no matter if the traps are disarmable or not if she crosses them they auto disarm. And if they are visible and firing she wont walk over them. If I make them hidden the second they fire she will no longer step on them.
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 2:37 AM
Actually Pes's idea is good... you can use a trigger to re-arm the trap, and re-hide it, when your sim walks off it, yknow All without modding, just by using shift-ctrl-click behaviors on the tomb objects in buydebug. Lots of ways you could set it up, but the invisible floor switches are probably the most convenient.

Timer is also a possibility, using the CPU object, if you wanted to limit how often it wsa available.

In fact, it's a VERY good idea I may try it myself!