Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 12:54 AM
Moving one neighborhood from XP to Windows 7
I'm sorry, I'm not sure if this should be in base game or the MTS help section since it has to do with installing... but isn't a "problem" or an "error" per-se...

I'm installing Windows 7 on my computer and I'd like to play the Sims on that instead of XP
(because I can't use all my RAM on my 32-bit copy of XP, without going into explanation I know XP is usually faster for games and stuff etc. but i need win7 for other programs as well).

So.. is there any way to copy my current neighborhood I've been playing forever, and reload it on the new installation after I install the game from scratch? I'll be sure to migrate all the custom content and such too, but just, a lot of people say it won't work and a lot say you just copy the neighborhood folder... anyone know?

I've looked all over the internet. Really. I'm sure it's right in front of my eyes and I'll probably get berated, but I just can't see a simple yes or no answer anywhere. Just conflicting reports. Anyone have first-hand experience?
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 12:58 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 12:47 AM
I knew it was somewhere obvious. Just didn't know how to word the search right... never thought to try "backup"

Thanks so much!