Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 3:51 PM
Default correct bone assignment didn't do anything
Hi: I just wanted to share some knowledge I got thru working with this short hair mesh I got. I usally try to fix the hair part of the mesh so one doesn't see any mismatch around that whole area connecting to the face and I use tiggys example faces and fix those problem areas especially on some older hairs where one can see obvious gaps especially behind the neck on short hairs and two diffent skintones due to wrong values .. Anyway, I started to make the front of this short hair a bit shorter and since it is an older hair, I could see the hair part of the mesh visibly (in the bodyshop recolor project)and it looked really off on the left side and one could see a big gap there.

I fiddled with the manuall edit as I usually do and do get good results, however no matter what I tried, I could still see a big gap looking from the front on the left side. I was about to ditch the whole project but I didn't wanna lose a beautifull old hair that stilll looks good. I deleted all the alphas and kept the hair mesh thinking there might be a conflict. Messed around with comments and still same results.

Here is what had happened: as i imported the hair in Milkshape i chose to check the skeleton. Sure enough as I looked closely the skelton was off to the right a few milimeters and not centered at all. I imported another mesh to use it's skeleton and all the gaps around the forhead and the ears were gone. It never occured to me that the skeleton might be misaligned and it was. So I hope this might help you if you run into this problem.