Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 5:11 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, University Life
Default All saved sims and mods failing to work/show up in game (mac)
This all happened so suddenly, I downloaded a couple new sims and put the .sim files in my "saved sims" folder. Then, I launched my game. It alerted me that there was a store update so without thinking anything of it I clicked the update button and after it was through, I noticed all the files in the "downloads" and "installed content" tabs were wiped clean.
I went into my game via documents/electronic arts/sims 3/ and my mods folder was still full as well as my "saved sims" folder.
I launched my game to see what was up and none of my saved games were there. I made a new one to look at CAS and all my custom content and saved sims were gone. Apparently my game stopped allowing mods because when I moved all of my mods out and moved the "nointro" mod in their place to test the game, the mod did not work.
Please help me! I don't know what to do
I'm on a mac that runs os 10.7.5 and my game version is 1.67.2.024017

(also, I went into my downloads folder and all my .sims3packs were still there which is weird because they weren't showing up in the downloads tab on the game launcher. So I just selected them all and double clicked them. They re-installed and are working fine but I had like 100 or more mods on my game that are all there for very good reasons and I'd really like them to work again)
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 5:13 AM
I don't know if it helps, but the games I have installed are:
Supernatural, world adventures, university life, pets, late night, generations and ambitions