Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 4:33 PM
Default Bloom's Cable Car
WCIF a download for Bloom's Cable Car taxi replacement? I go to the site and it just asks for a login. :\
http://modthesims.info/finds/find/635

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 11:17 PM
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 12:11 PM
Should the file be put into mods / packages? I did put it in the game but it does not show up, how can I install it?
dodgy builder
#4 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 12:46 PM
It's a zip file, you have to unzip it first. Just right click on the file. If it's a package file underneath, you can just put it in the mods folder.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 4:08 AM
I too have problems getting this to work. So I could use an idiot's guide here!

Yes I have unzipped the file and put the package file in mods packages. Doesn't change the taxi to cable cars. I have cleared the cache files. Tried it in Overrides, still nothing. And yes my Mods folder is set up correctly. I have tried this in a new folder with only LN and Ambitions as Expansions, still no joy. I don't have any car related mods.
So if anyone who actually has it working can help, I'd appreciate it!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 4:37 AM
Just to clarify in case some of you don't realize it, there are two kinds of taxis in TS3. There's the "real" kind that sims take to get around town. Then there's the "fake" ambient ones that drive around with no driver and no passengers just for show and are intended for worlds that have highrises in them (they kind of look silly to many of us in less urban worlds). The mod, when it's working correctly, only replaces the second kind, the fake ones. If you are playing a world that has no ambient taxis for effect, or if you have modded those out with the NRaas Traffic mod, then you won't see the cable cars.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 5:06 AM
Oh! Thanks igazor! It probably is working then. I shall have to hang around town and try to see the fake taxis.