Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 4:27 PM Last edited by EvilMcNastySim2015 : 11th Dec 2015 at 5:14 PM. Reason: Got the name wrong

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Getting rid of .package files
Sorry if this is a stupid question and I know I have not been around a lot lately due to my life being crazy but I can't find an an answer for this on google. I know how to put mods into the game just fine but now I want to remove a few but it doesn't seem to be working.

I mean I go into the mods folder and I delete the file I placed there in the first place but then when I start the game it always acts like the mod is still there, even when I start a brand new game it act like mods like say "Less deadly vending machines", which by the way is something I like on my normal games but when I do a joke game I would like it removed, is still there, even if I start a new game.

Sorry if this is a stupid question and there is a step I am missing but how do you get rid of a .package file once you have put it in the mod folder of your game?

Thank you for your time and merry christmas.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 5:48 PM
Not a stupid question at all Unless there are special directions by the mod creator for removing a mod you should just be able to delete the mod from your package file in the mods folder. Are you remembering to clear caches after removing and before loading the game? If that does not work perhaps if you identified what you are trying to remove it might be easier to suggest steps to take.