Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 1:53 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Help! How to go back to a previous patch?!
Ok, so all over the internet, people have said if your going to do this to NOT install Origin. Problem is, Origin the only way I can get the game on my laptop, as it has no disk drive. I hated that I actually let the game update not even a day before finding the CAW tool, and I would really like to use it, but the latest patch, 1.69, broke it apparently. I know how ever I may have to do this it will take a LONG time because I have every EP, and reinstalling those will take forever. I just can't find ANY tutorial on the web that describes how to do this if you DO have origin. Anyway this really bugs me and I hope I can find a way to fix it, but if not, oh well, I can stick to making Sims 4 CC. Thanks for your help!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 7:36 AM
I don't think you can install previous versions through Origin; they seem to just update to the latest version. I think the only way you could do this is to install via disc with an external disc drive and manually applied patches. Either that, or install over network from a PC that does have disc drives.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 7:47 AM
Players have had success leaving the EPs alone, uninstalling the base game only, reinstalling it, then Super Patching up to 1.67. But the reinstall must be from a pre-Sept 2012 base game disc. It shouldn't and doesn't seem to matter how the EPs were installed as it's the base game that drives the patch level. So in this case, an external disc drive and an old base game disc (before they started calling it Sims "Going Social" with the product refresh that year) would be required.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Players have had success leaving the EPs alone, uninstalling the base game only, reinstalling it, then Super Patching up to 1.67. But the reinstall must be from a pre-Sept 2012 base game disc. It shouldn't and doesn't seem to matter how the EPs were installed as it's the base game that drives the patch level. So in this case, an external disc drive and an old base game disc (before they started calling it Sims "Going Social" with the product refresh that year) would be required.

Yea I don't have either the base game from before Sept 2012 or an external disk drive. Is there a way to super patch without those??
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 6:56 PM
Maybe igazor can answer this- is it possible to trick the last SuperCAW into working with 1.69 using this method?
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...alk:Patch_Table

I don't have Sims 3 or CAW installed currently so cannot test it out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 7:25 PM Last edited by Kitty25939 : 15th Dec 2015 at 7:30 AM.
YESSSS! When I thought all hope was gone, I used the super patcher to re-patch the game to 1.67 and it turns out that all you have to do to fix this is run super patcher and reinstall the patch!!! I opened the launcher and it was version 1.67. Now everyone who accidentally let origin update their game all you have to do is run super patcher and reinstall the update!! And btw CAW works too!

Edit: This is IMPORTANT! If you do this and are successful, the launcher may be slightly buggy. Basically what will happen is it will show you no user where your user profile is suppose to be(you may even get a connection error). If you launch the game without doing this first, it will give you an error saying that the connection was lost(even if you try to login in the game). How I fixed this: Go to a different tab, logout, log back in, and then quickly go back to the welcome tab. If that doesn't work, close the launcher and origin, not just the window, but completely exit the program, and relaunch origin and then the sims. For me, this is a small price to pay in order to use CAW. It's not too much of an issue, since I used to get connection errors from 1.67's launcher all the time. The game still launched fine, I have no idea why it did that. :P
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 8:16 PM
That's good to know; thanks for the info Kitty25939! Perhaps this will work for others too.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kitty25939
YESSSS! When I thought all hope was gone, I used the super patcher to re-patch the game to 1.67 and it turns out that all you have to do to fix this is run super patcher and reinstall the patch!!! I opened the launcher and it was version 1.67. Now everyone who accidentally let origin update their game all you have to do is run super patcher and reinstall the update!! And btw CAW works too!

Really? Good job, then!

While I'm very glad that worked for you, this is the first such success story that I have encountered. Everyone else who has reported back has said that the Super Patcher won't downpatch for them if their base game is already up to 1.69 -- it says sorry, you already have a more recent version or something like that and quits on them.

I wonder what was different at the time you tried this that made it work as you needed it to whereas it seems to fail for others.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Really? Good job, then!

While I'm very glad that worked for you, this is the first such success story that I have encountered. Everyone else who has reported back has said that the Super Patcher won't downpatch for them if their base game is already up to 1.69 -- it says sorry, you already have a more recent version or something like that and quits on them.

I wonder what was different at the time you tried this that made it work as you needed it to whereas it seems to fail for others.

I don't know really. All I did was download it and run it. I didn't do anything before running it, I just double clicked it to launch it and it said I had already had 1.67 installed and asked if I would like to reinstall it anyway. Seems people are finding that fix to be helpful, however.