Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 4:43 AM
Default WCIF A backpack that acts the same as the one in Uni Life
Hi all,
I am trying to make a backpack that works like the University Life one, but it can be tough to do, I was looking for something that looks like a backpack called the Spartan Omnipak, so children and teens can use that for school, heres a link to one http://www.spartanss.com.au/omnipak/w1/i1001980/, i was wondering if someone can give me a hand of making one, or even make one for me? Please respond if you have any luck
Taff
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 8:11 AM
Bump, please respond
Test Subject
#3 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 8:28 AM
Yep, more backpacks would be great!

I'm no modder (just started learning stuff), but I can guess that If you want to make a backpack, you should copy UL backpack and edit it so it looks like one you want. You'll surely will have to know how to use S3PE and some 3d modelling programms (to edit/make backpack model).
Real modders, please correct me if I said something stupid here!

Sorry for my bad English.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 6:26 AM
that's the problem i am having, the original backpack in sims 3 UL has 2 meshes, one when it's placed on the ground, and one when its on the sim, that's the issue i am having
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 5:54 PM
I can not help you with modding but as an alternative there are some nice back packs for kids and toddlers at:
The Sims Resource
Quizicalgin
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 4:19 AM
I know that they are nice, but that's not the type of backpack i am looking for, i am looking for one that you can place on the ground, put in your inventory and wear it
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tafford
that's the problem i am having, the original backpack in sims 3 UL has 2 meshes, one when it's placed on the ground, and one when its on the sim, that's the issue i am having

That made me curious. I located the college backpack in TSRW and extracted the high level of detail mesh.
Seems to have 2 states for it, one when on sim i presume, and one when on the floor. The other mesh seems to BE the floor.

What is it that gives you problem?

I never made new objects for sims 3, but I know meshing...maybe I can help.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 4:49 PM
Sandy at Around the Sims 3 has tried and apparently it's not possible. She has made some "chestlikes" that sims can use though http://aroundthesims3.com
Mad Poster
#9 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 6:09 PM
Oh..bad luck here. if Sandy cannot..I am not even going to open it. hehe
Though the reason she gives...makes me wonder. I opened it, I saw all states...oh well.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)