Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Create your own no effects mod tool (updated 07/02/2013)

by velocitygrass Posted 21st Jun 2011 at 4:36 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:52 PM by Nysha

228 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 150 Feedback Posts, 77 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 10
Inventor
Original Poster
#76 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 5:20 PM
@Goga44: I'm glad you found a Windows laptop! I hope we can fix your issue:
1) Locate the DeltaBuild0.package file in your Mac installation
2) Copy it into a structure like this on Windows: The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages\DeltaBuild0.package
(So you need your fake Sims 3 installation folder, then a GameData folder inside that, then a Shared folder inside that, then Packages, and inside that you copy your DeltaBuild0.package)
3) Run the program and direct it to your fake Sims 3 installation folder.

I hope this works. Good luck!
Test Subject
#77 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 10:43 PM
I've searched for the file u told me to get, but i just can't find it. I followed the adress u told me to make up, but once i get to "the sims 3" folder(which i suppose is in the "Electronic Arts"folder) there isn't any "GameData" folder inside it. And when i do a search, only the .txt files that came with ur mod show up, meaning i don't think I have it... Maybe a patch deleted it or something? my game runs fine, it doesn't tell me anything's missing. I have all EPs and SPs
Inventor
Original Poster
#78 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 11:34 PM
Can you check for the following?
/Applications/The Sims 3/The Sims 3.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/GameData/Shared/Packages/DeltaBuild0.package
Test Subject
#79 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 2:04 AM
Thans i found it, and already sent it to my windows machine. I didn't know where to start the adress, so i started it in my documents. The whole adress is "MyDocuments/The Sims 3/GameData/Shared/Packages"(exactly how I wrote it) and in there was my DeltaBuild0.package, so i double clicked the TS3_Effects_Mod_Maker and it goes straight to the same step c, asking me to find the game files and stuff, so i go down the adress and doble click on the packages folder and click open, but it still say "Could not find DeltaBuild0.package". Maybe i need to start the adress somewhere else, could u tell me a whole adress so that i can make it up pls.
Inventor
Original Poster
#80 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 3:04 PM
@Goga44: I've created a new version of the tool that should work with Mono and also ask you to select the DeltaBuild0.package directly. Hopefully this will work for you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 1:53 PM
Sadly when I remove the censor and eye candy, it takes away pet leashes too.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#82 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 4:56 PM
When I try to create no effects for stereos, the musical notes and the warp thing are still there. If this mod isn't disabling those, what effects is it disabling? I just downloaded the tool and my game version is 1.26 (base only).
Inventor
Original Poster
#83 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 10:19 PM
@rocky44345: I didn't get a chance to check this sooner, but I could reproduce your problem and I'm looking into it. Thanks for the report!

@HugeLunatic: I was able to create a package that removed all stereo effects (for the two basegame stereos I tested). Did you select all of the "stereo[xxx]fx" effects?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#84 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 10:41 PM
I selected three of the "stereo[xxx]fx" effects, the three that are base game. I see other effects, "s30_elecbreakstereo[xxx]", but those I think are the broken effects. Which I want to keep so I didn't select those.

Have you tested this in a base game only setup? Would you send me a link to test yours? If yours works, then in theory it should work in my game.
Inventor
Original Poster
#85 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 7:04 PM
@HugeLunatic: I've uploaded my package here. I do have all EPs and SPs, but I just tried it in a Base Game only environment with Jonha's Any Game Starter and the effects were gone. The linked package has all "stereo[xxx]fx" unchecked.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#86 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 4:48 AM
Thanks for the file, it does indeed work in my game. However none of the packages I make with the tool will work. I've tried again with the stereos, no go. Then I tried with just the simcensor, no go. :/

Any idea why the saved files are not actually changing the resource? My mods folder is being read by the game.
Inventor
Original Poster
#87 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 8:05 PM
@rocky44345: I've updated the tool to fix the leash issue. Thank you very much for reporting it!

@HugeLunatic: That's very strange. So the tool can correctly read the list of effect names (so it gets the proper resource), but when it writes it back for the mod package, no changes are made? Have you checked if the package contains a _SWB resource at all? I don't know what could be causing this. Are you using the latest version of the tool? On Windows?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#88 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 4:14 AM
I'm using W7 x64, I downloaded the tool on the 18th, my user account is admin but I run the tool from a folder in My Documents and save the package to my desktop so UAC shouldn't be an issue. I've also tried running the program as admin, just for kicks.

The package does have the _swb resource in it, and yes it does appear to read the game files fine to propagate the list of effects.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 7:48 AM
thx this is great work it helps me alot
Test Subject
#90 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 9:13 PM
Does it work with the latest patch? I haven't tested it for the latest patch yet.

If there is a will, there is a way!
Inventor
Original Poster
#91 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 10:14 PM
@Treeman: The latest patch changed nothing in the effects resource, so if it worked for you before, it still should.
Test Subject
#92 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 12:13 PM
Thanks for this! I hated the blue plus signs and the sledgehammer effect!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#93 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 9:35 PM
Can you update your No vampire skin mod? It is not working with Pets, propably because of unicorns. Or tell me how to do this? Please
Inventor
Original Poster
#94 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 5:27 PM
@Tremerion: While it does work, Pets seems to have added a fix for overlays that is triggered whenever you enter live mode after going to build/buy mode (and maybe other game states). I have fixed that now hopefully. I have also made it so that anonymous commenting is allowed on that journal, so in the future you can comment there directly.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#95 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 12:25 PM
Thank you, great thank you You are awesome!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#96 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 9:14 PM
Thank you for coming up with such a brilliant idea! I have yet to try it out but I can't wait and I'm sure it's gonna make a big difference to the game
Test Subject
#97 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 11:45 AM
Thanks for the program!
May I offer you russian translation for it? http://www.mediafire.com/?kzmk9km79866grb
Inventor
Original Poster
#98 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 10:25 PM
@Alienka: Thank you very much! I'll add with the next update.
Test Subject
#99 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 1:17 PM
Hello. I have just downloaded your tool to create a new no effects mod for the patch 1.31. However I cannot get the tool to start on my computer. It takes ages thinking about it and then says the program stopped working. I have windows vista and i also use CC magic - could that affect it?

I'm not sure why it's not working. Otherwise could you direct me to an already created mod that I can download?

Thanks for your help
Inventor
Original Poster
#100 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 2:34 PM
Please update to the latest version. It should be fixed now
Page 4 of 10