Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 10:44 PM
Boys:
Macallister
Dean
Charles
Chester
Oliver
Jerry
William
Joseph
Helios

Girls:
Amelie
Beatrice
Susannah
Connie
Leah
Louise
Heloise
Grace

Last names:
Anderson
Prauline
Halloway
Callahan
Winters
Summers
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 10:55 PM
Girls:

Mabs
Juno
Hebe
Romana
Medusa

Boys:

Caligula
Julius
Saturnine
Claudius
Odysseus

(Alright, I have a bit of an ancient Greek / Roman obsession in many cases, but ah well! )
Field Researcher
#28 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 8:39 AM
In a family I had yonks ago, all the sims but the two original CAS founders had astronomical names (stars, galaxies, etc.) So:

Boys:
Cygnus
Cursa
Perihelion
Betelgeuse
Arcturus
Perseus
Castor and Pollux (twin boys)
Fomalhaut

Girls:
Andromeda
Aphelion (Perihelion's twin sister)
Pyxis
Lacerta
Cassiopeia
Vega
Alhena
Capella

Astronomy is really good for unusual names.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 10:30 PM
I do love unusual names too ... some I make up myself. Especially if I get some aliens I want their names to be more "weird" -
here are some of the ones I use:

Boys :

Zorn
Kasian
Wyn
Uran
Silas
Saxo
Sixten
Pax
Pyrus
Qutar
Qurix
Inko
Stoffer
Niller
Yngve
Izmir
Darwin

Girls :
Romy
Dixy
Jadzia
Hera
Nikita
Olga
Maya
Bolivia
Victoria
Yedda
Zoroya
Zabina
Urisha
Vinetta
Valenzia
Zandria
Xalina
Alchemist
#30 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 4:25 PM
Boys
Donovan
Eligio
Paxton
Emery
Pierceson
Kees (like Case)

Girls
Annaliese
Ilaria
Ellery
Calliope
Corinne
Field Researcher
#31 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 6:07 PM
I love using names from the Chocolate Frog Cards from the Harry Potter series!

Dudes:
1. Devlin
2. Heathcote
3. Glanmore
4. Yardley
5. Burdock

Dames:
1. Musidora
2. Perpetua
3. Malodora
4. Carlotta
5. Hesper

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Test Subject
#32 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 4:21 AM
My main neighborhood is set in the 1950's, so I don't have too many weird or out-there names, but here are the more unique/unusual names I have.

Female:

* Brownie
* Geneva
* Maisie
* Bird
* Ophelia
* Cricket

Male:

* Coy
* Casper
* Granger
* Algernon
* Halbert
* Pernell
Test Subject
#33 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 3:38 AM
I love some of these names! They will definitely be popping up in my game.

The following are names I made up(as far as I know) for some townies that I placed in my game. They're not all terribly creative but I had a lot of fun making them up. There should be 26 of each gender.

Boys
Aprios
Bander
Capett
Dalg
Elorke(El-or-kee)
Fennex
Greev
Henriv
Iniag
Jetser
Kalston
Luido(Lwee-doh)
Myrtin
Navree
Orid
Penson
Quipp
Raymer
Shace
Timmery
Ulfride
Veric
Warell
Xandret(Zan-dret)
Yaklev
Zackiese

Girls
Amerine
Bertilly
Cirema
Divisna
Eddaline
Fiskra
Ginesia
Harah
Igenee(Idj-uh-nee)
Jansey
Kelinsa
Lilivna
Melesna
Niska
Onjenie(Ahn-juh-nee)
Phenosea(Fen-oh-say-uh)
Quilsie
Rureen(Roo-reen)
Serkia
Tehnse(Ten-see)
Ulayna
Vansa
Wilmerette
Zemeris
Space Pony
Original Poster
#34 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 8:16 PM
Wow. Thank you everyone for the participation.(:

Please, call me Nym.
LJ | Tumblr | DW
Field Researcher
#35 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 9:55 PM
The book series A Song of Ice and Fire has some really great fantasy names: some are close to regular names, but with a letter or two changed, and others are completely different.

Female:
Ellaria
Nysterica
Nymeria
Desmera
Lyanna
Alerie
Myrcella
Cersei
Daenerys
Sansa
Arya
Ravella
Sylwa
Tanda

Male:
Aemon
Tyrion
Tywin
Arstan
Viserys
Rhaegar
Rickon
Rickard
Jarmen
Jeor
Tormund
Benjen
Harwin
Bronn
Ardrian
Stannis
Davos
Walder
Theon
Inventor
#36 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 11:34 PM
With parents I plan to breed, it is sometimes fun to give them long names, then see how many kids they can have just using the letters in their name.

Romana; Ro, Roma, Mara, Ana

So, with this theme, I would stop Romana from having girls after the fourth child. (Other names are possible, like Rom and Oma, but I don't like them as first names.) The boys would have to get their names from the father if I followed the theme for the males in the family. If Romana doesn't have a lot of kids, I can use the other names for the grandkids. Or, a grandchild might get the name Romana with an extra letter or two added so that there would be more choices in names for future grandchildren. Romania, Rhomania, are examples.

Sometimes I think I play too many word games with the names in my hood. Some names are a bit on the crazy side when I need a break from using my usual Italian names.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#37 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 6:51 AM
cheshirekat-

That's a great idea.(:

Please, call me Nym.
LJ | Tumblr | DW
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 10:15 PM Last edited by Lollopisemis : 12th Jul 2011 at 11:47 PM.
I don't know if I would name my children to this but it definitely works for my Sims haha.

Girls:

* Ellinor
* Aria
* Katherine
* Lily
* Savannah

Boys:
* Eric/Erik
* Sebastian
* Edvin
* William
* Heath

Quote: Originally posted by Sammisu
Louise

Thank you very much! I feel most honored.
Scholar
#39 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 10:45 PM
I was naming sims last night for the GoS Good Genes IV Challenge, making half of them up as I went along... I share, along with some astronomical names I've used (or would consider using) in-game:

Boys:
Czan
Deimos
Eukelade
Gojem
Iocaste
Phobos
Praxidike
Tethys
Thelxinoe
Tray

Girls:
Allelou
Amora
Elara
Euporie
Hyeesha
Jarnsaxa
Pasiphae
Pallene
Releeshan
Sayandra

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Inventor
#40 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 5:51 AM
I try to stay away from names that are too serious when I participate in GoS' Good Genes Challenge. Most of the offspring are so scary-looking that I can't imagine giving them normal names like Bella, Linda, etc. But as the next generation gets rid of the scary faces, I give them more normal names.

Last year, the names I used for Sy Snootles spawn:

Jy, Jynnae, Hy, and Heppy. Heppy was the fourth generation. Heppy's mother's name was Honey because I thought she had a sweet look.

This year: Pomice, Plonk, Errata, It, Verme, and finally Spezia. If you translate them from Italian to English, you can pretty much guess their appearances by their names. Although Plonk's name was more from my reaction to her looks. Still gotta get around to putting their pictures on my LJ, but we keep having thunderstorms so I can't get too into a project in case the power goes out. I had an equally reactionary name picked for Spezia because I had given up hope of getting a decent-looking spawn. I scrambled for a nice name when I aged her up.

With Plonk, Errata and It, I was tempted to change their names to Scary, Scary Too, and Scary Damned. (In Italian, probably because most of my hood has Italian names and I gave Ithorian the Italian last name of Estraneo.) Instead, I gave my first ever surgical makeovers after posting my entry to GoS. I won't change their names because I want the names to remind me of their bad genes.

While I don't expect or want all my sims to be gorgeous and beautiful, I am not ashamed to admit that scary looks will not endear me to a sim or their future spawn. Although it does give me an opportunity to use names I would not normally use. Especially words that are onomatopoeically interesting or phrases/names/adjectives I bastardize to construct something that resembles a name or word. Then it is comedic relief when they show up at community lots or become employees at my shops. Plonk!
Page 2 of 2