Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 11:21 PM Last edited by goderguy : 22nd Feb 2017 at 4:05 AM. Reason: Solved
Default Brick Chimney Recolors not working [SOLVED]
Hello, I hesitate to post here because I always feel like I'm sure I didn't do/check/try something first. I've been playing TS2 since it first came out, so I feel pretty well-versed with the oddities of the game and whatnot. Anyway, my problem is I can't seem to be able to get my chimney recolors to work after re-installing TS2 to my new desktop PC. Pretty much every other recolor of Maxis objects, and custom objects too, shows up. I have re-downloaded the recolors and tried everything I can think of, but when I click on the chimney, it just says "this object is not recolorable." I have every EP and SP, and I'm running on an Acer desktop with Windows 10, and a post-factory GeForce graphics card. Again, every other custom content and Maxis recolor seems to work, besides the chimney. Do I need to add something to the CEP or CEP-extra folder? My new towns are curiously devoid of fireplaces, as my chimneys must match the building materials of the rest of the house... Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

goderguy
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 11:52 PM
I feel like I must help you. :0
I just reinstal my sims 2, and the recolors I made long ago still works...
You cannot use the design tool on the chimney itself, but must use it on the fireplace...just incase you forgot?
You did reinstall CEP right?..not just relaying on the fact that your old EA Games/The Sims 2 folder already had the files in it..Because this is a must.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I feel like I must help you. :0
I just reinstal my sims 2, and the recolors I made long ago still works...
You cannot use the design tool on the chimney itself, but must use it on the fireplace...just incase you forgot?
You did reinstall CEP right?..not just relaying on the fact that your old EA Games/The Sims 2 folder already had the files in it..Because this is a must.

OMG, I never thought about reinstalling the CEP on the new computer. I did that, and the chimney recolors appear/work in-game! Thanks for the (obvious except to me) suggestion!

goderguy
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 12:37 PM
I am very happy then, excellent!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)