Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 11:24 PM
Default What are you doing for Halloween?
What the title says. I'm taking my brother and sister trick or treating around the neighborhood with our shiba inu, who's also going to be in costume. When we come back from that, we're going to do a candy trade and then if it's not too late, we'll watch a "scary" movie, then I'll watch an actual horror movie when they're in bed.
Are you dressing up and going trick or treating? Handing out candy? Simming through it with a bag of your own candy?

Here's a hella casual picture of my shibe in his costume:

If love is what saves all the creatures then why can't I hear them howl?
New Livejournal
EX:pondefloor
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 12:04 AM
Beautiful dog!

Halloween's going to be busy for me. I'll be (finally...) getting a 3DS so I can play Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I've had the game since it came out, but never got a system to play it on Then I'll be stocking up on supplies for NaNoWriMo. I'll probably play AC most of the day... at least until it's time to pass out candy.
Scholar
#3 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 12:13 AM
Just passing out candy.
Scholar
#4 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 12:23 AM
I'm going on a Halloween themed walk round the city I live in. It's not really my thing, but my friends have asked me. I'll probably enjoy it in the end.
Inventor
#5 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 12:25 AM
Cute dog!

My Halloween celebration is over and done with already. So there's really nothing for me to do except, of course, TS3.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 12:47 AM
Is it Halloween? *checks calendar* Oh, yeah...

I've never been much on Halloween. It's fairly new to celebrate it where I live, and while some people do (usually more for yet another excuse to throw a party), more people don't. So I'm not really doing much. Certainly not getting dressed up. What I'm hoping for is an empty house so I can get some peace and quiet. Won't be any candy for little tykes at my house (except for my own candy, but I'm not sharing!)

Hmm... *idea pops into head*... Maybe...
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#7 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 1:24 AM
Not a thing other than what I do most other days. The kids are all too old to go trick or treating now and we don't get any trick or treaters where I live.. so, yeah. I'll just be sitting here mourning the loss of all the loot the kids used to bring home. The kids though- they get to go to a pumpkin smash. They get to smash pumpkins and not get into trouble for it, lol, so they've been looking forward to it. The day after Halloween? I'll be at the store looking for discounted Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and M&M's. A couple of bags of each, into the freezer they'll go and I'll have candy (that I might even share with the kids!) until Easter! Longer than that actually.. since I do the same thing after Christmas. Hey! There's nothing wrong with eating candy shaped like a Christmas Tree on the 4th of July.
Test Subject
#8 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 1:37 AM
The depth of my love for my heart surging sugary confections means to make my tooth tingle in delight. The sweetness satisfy her beckoning call. I must comply. The sweets of dark and sundry call my eyes and ears. Wrappers shall fall upon the night of tomorrow.

Signed, IAmTheAnon
#9 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 1:03 PM
All Hallow's Eve is my religious day so I'm not doing anything besides wrapping up in a blanket with a few cups of pumpkin spice coffee and sims. Thankfully I didn't have to ask for it off because it fell within my normal scheduled days off, though I'll have to remember next year to ask for it off in advance. It's already off to a great start when I got woken up at 6:30 this morning by something on the foot of my bed moving across the covers and touching my foot briefly. I'm beginning to think my blackout blinds were not such a great idea even though I work graveyard shift. I go back to work tomorrow night and I'll see what Wal-Mart does for their discounted bags of candy and grab some on my way home from there.
Scholar
#10 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 1:23 PM
Well,at first I visit graveyard and bring some flowers on my father's grave(it's a tradition in my country to visit that day dead family members graves),in the evening probably watch some scary movies and go to bed,cuz Halloween is not feast in my country.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#11 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 1:32 PM
... I couldn't resist.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#12 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 2:31 PM
Me? Very little more than normal... okay, so I'm going to a Halloween-themed zumba class, and (at least on arrival/leaving) I'm dressing up as a black cat - a dead easy costume!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 3:53 PM Last edited by simmodder69 : 31st Oct 2013 at 11:58 PM.
Going to put on my costume I made for halloween and act as living decoration and scare everybody that´s coming by. Will be hard though, since it´s colder outside I have to control my breathing so that no vapor can be seen. My costume looks like the armor of a samurai, took weeks to make. Let´s just hope some people don´t hit me as a reflex...

Update: Well, my "run" was pretty succesfull. Scared a bunch of people, but a father of 2 kids hit me as a reflex reaction. I ask asking for that though, good thing he took it easy and thought that it was pretty funny.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
... I couldn't resist.

omfg i love it

Well, it seems like Riley Potter, Shibe Wizard can't come after all, but at least I got a good picture of him :D

If love is what saves all the creatures then why can't I hear them howl?
New Livejournal
EX:pondefloor
Alchemist
#15 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 6:05 PM
I live in Europe, guess that explains enough

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#16 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 12:39 AM
I shall have hot dogs, cold medicine, and watch Elementary. We do things big in the Mook household.
Instructor
#17 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 12:51 AM
I took my younger sister trick or treating and promptly had a small breakdown because I was in a horse mask with a near nonexistent line of sight and was surrounded by a lot of small children. Basically claustrophobia and crowd anxiety took hold and I quickly retreated. I did get some candy while I was wearing my mask though so I guess that makes up for it a little. I suppose now I'll just gorge on candy and cookies and screwdrivers and play some video games until I pass out.

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Mad Poster
#18 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 1:09 AM
I had big plans for my pumpkin but I was sick all week, so I scaled back my ambitions.

Other than that it's the same as every year - doling out the candy. It seems to get more mechanical every year - most of the kids don't bother to say 'trick or treat' (yeah, yeah, just give me the sugar), teenagers don't even wear a costume. There are a lot of steps up to my house - parents will send their preschoolers up alone while bitching down below 'Don't slip! Be careful!' Uh, it's hardly Mt. Everest asshole, if you're so worried why don't you come up with them.
Instructor
#19 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
I live in Europe, guess that explains enough

I'm surprised you guys Don't have Halloween over there!! It's such a cash grab, it comes in second place after Christmas, in which so much moneyis spent on it: decorations, costumes, and candy.Sure, some of it's about the kids... but it's huge for adults!!

Do you have like an All Souls Day on November 1st?

As for myself, I've done nothing this year. What I'm excited about is the candy (that is overpriced) will go on sale tomorrow!
Scholar
#20 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 10:31 AM Last edited by Nemiga : 1st Nov 2013 at 11:00 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by The SimWhisperer
I'm surprised you guys Don't have Halloween over there!! It's such a cash grab, it comes in second place after Christmas, in which so much moneyis spent on it: decorations, costumes, and candy.Sure, some of it's about the kids... but it's huge for adults!!

Well at my country there is a feast similar to halloween.It called "winter expulsion festival" or just Pancake Day(special menu that day-pancakes),and it is celebrating 7 weeks before Easter.Kids and teens dress like a monsters and go to "hunt" sweets and money around their localities.Also people burning doll that embodies the winter.
Scholar
#21 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
I'll be at the store looking for discounted Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and M&M's. A couple of bags of each, into the freezer they'll go and I'll have candy (that I might even share with the kids!) until Easter! Longer than that actually.. since I do the same thing after Christmas. Hey! There's nothing wrong with eating candy shaped like a Christmas Tree on the 4th of July.

I'm so jealous! I love peanut butter and chocolate together, ever since my friend went on holiday to America and brought back some peanut butter M&M's! It's so hard to find anything like that in England, sometimes you can get tiny little bags of Reese's Pieces in Tesco's, but not very often. They used to do peanut butter Lindor balls at the Lindor shop at Cheshire Oaks, but they stopped doing them And there's an american sweet shop in town, but it's so expensive, it's like £8 for a 50g bag of peanut butter M&M's!

As for Christmas trees in July-You're such a rebel! I would never dare do that!
Alchemist
#22 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The SimWhisperer

Do you have like an All Souls Day on November 1st?

As for myself, I've done nothing this year. What I'm excited about is the candy (that is overpriced) will go on sale tomorrow!

I would actually love to celebrate Halloween here, but, yeah fuck.

In the Netherlands we have something different, though. But it's only for kids.
-Sint-Maarten: Celebrated somewhere in November, I'm not sure. The kids walk around town with laterns and sing short 'Sint-Maarten' songs and get candy.

-Sinterklaas: Celebrated 20days before Christmas. It's actually a bigger event as it starts 15th of November. From that day on kids can place their shoe at the fireplace/heater and sing 'Sinterklaas' songs and the parents then will put candy in the shoe when the kids are sleeping, leaving a note from "Sinterklaas" too. 5th December is the highlight because "Sinterklaas" leaves a bag of presents at the front door.

PS: Could you send me some of that candy? I've heard American candy is very different from EU's.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#23 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pondefloor
What the title says. I'm taking my brother and sister trick or treating around the neighborhood with our shiba inu, who's also going to be in costume. When we come back from that, we're going to do a candy trade and then if it's not too late, we'll watch a "scary" movie, then I'll watch an actual horror movie when they're in bed.
Are you dressing up and going trick or treating? Handing out candy? Simming through it with a bag of your own candy?

Here's a hella casual picture of my shibe in his costume:

too cute.
no way id ever get my dog to wear anything!