Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 6:21 AM
Default How to make accessories for both genders?
I'm trying to make a series of necklaces for male/females, teen - upward (and children, if doable). I think Dr Pixel's Alpha Jewlery mesh would work - any Male necklaces are too high up or on the wrong chain. Even though the mesh words for TF-EF, it isn't available for males. Does anyone know HOW to reassign genders for accessories? I am well aware that there could be problems with clipping, but that doesn't mean I don't want to try.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 6:25 AM
Isn't it just a matter of changing the gender value in the Property Set? (Ugh... accessories. Too complicated.) Necklaces probably won't be in the right place for any age groups other than children (because I think the male necks are larger than female necks). Doing this for children should actually be the easiest; you won't need two separate meshes because male and female children are pretty much the same size (unless you're using a really weird custom mesh).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
Isn't it just a matter of changing the gender value in the Property Set? (Ugh... accessories. Too complicated.) Necklaces probably won't be in the right place for any age groups other than children (because I think the male necks are larger than female necks). Doing this for children should actually be the easiest; you won't need two separate meshes because male and female children are pretty much the same size (unless you're using a really weird custom mesh).

If doing this for children is "easiest", then that's a bit of a relief. But what about Teens/Adults? -_-* I saw someone suggest on another forum that you can do this in Bodyshop, but I think they were getting accessories confused with makeup :rage:

*I just opened simpe, and apparently necklaces/accessories don't even have a property set (that, or they're hidden somewhere). Gah, what even?!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 7:02 PM
No, you can't do it in Body Shop. If you're dealing with switching or assigning genders (for anything... clothes, makeup, accessories), you need SimPE. The only thing you can really assign with Body Shop is the category (everyday, formal, athletic, etc.)... but I think that's just for clothing. Things like age and gender have to be changed manually with SimPE.

I can't open SimPE at the moment (my game is running), but if I recall correctly, there is a way to assign the gender for accessories. It might be called something other than Property Set, but there must be a way to assign gender (otherwise, you wouldn't be having this problem at all because your necklace would show up for males and females).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
No, you can't do it in Body Shop. If you're dealing with switching or assigning genders (for anything... clothes, makeup, accessories), you need SimPE. The only thing you can really assign with Body Shop is the category (everyday, formal, athletic, etc.)... but I think that's just for clothing. Things like age and gender have to be changed manually with SimPE.

I can't open SimPE at the moment (my game is running), but if I recall correctly, there is a way to assign the gender for accessories. It might be called something other than Property Set, but there must be a way to assign gender (otherwise, you wouldn't be having this problem at all because your necklace would show up for males and females).

Yeah, I tried the property set method, but couldn't find it in SimPE -_- Either it doesn't work for accessories, or there is something up with the mesh.