Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 6:46 PM
Well I downloaded yours and attempted to import the same af texture into s3pe. It worked differently - I did see more numbers in the fields instead of 0x00000s. Hopefully after that point I can continue to follow the tutorial now - BUT that does lead me to wonder if the original files provided here may be corrupt somehow.

I will try to delete and redownload them and see if I get the same result.

Thank you so much for your time and help in this. I see you included the textures for all ages too - that is AWESOME, thank you again!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 7:09 PM
I guess I have to reply again to subscribe. Sorry
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#78 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 9:14 PM
velocity3d, did you not look in the folder 'Files for Skin' included in the rar file linked to in the tutorial? It has all the basic extracted skintones for all the ages. The 'Nude UV Map.psd' file is simply the uv map for adult male and female bodies.

you stare at my shoulders
are you surprised to see one more devil 
where angel wings should be..?
Test Subject
#79 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 2:13 AM Last edited by velocity3d : 24th Jan 2010 at 3:50 PM.
Quote:
velocity3d, did you not look in the folder 'Files for Skin' included in the rar file linked to in the tutorial? It has all the basic extracted skintones for all the ages. The 'Nude UV Map.psd' file is simply the uv map for adult male and female bodies.

I did. The files provided were not opening correctly in the newer version of s3pe. I don't know if it was a bugged download or what the problem was, I asked on a few forums. I was not getting the same result opening them in S3PE as you show in the tutorial and so I was attempting to just retrieve the originals and try with those.

Edit*

ahah I see why you would ask that now.
Quote:
It appears only the adult female textures are included.

Im sorry- initially no I didn't see that folder. Unfortunately I had downloaded your files to the same folder I downloaded sim modding tools so initially I saw only the females and thought the other folders came from the mod tools. I cleaned that up! lol I have since found the rest but come to the same error. The rest of my questions are still applicable though.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 2:31 AM
someone help please, i cant open the dds file with photoshop, i am following the instructions i got all the things mentioned including the Nvidia DDS plugins for Adobe Photoshop and installed it, but i open photoshop and attempt to open dds file i get a message that says "could not complete your request beacause it is not the right kind of document"

Thanks 4 sharing ur Hard work of art w/us.
Test Subject
#81 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 9:03 AM
Default Help with S3pe
Ok i had S3PE and when i loaded my skin onto S3PE it looked like nothing like yours on the right like it didn't have any of that writing etc please help
Test Subject
#82 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 3:50 PM
The skin I've made shows up in the game but when I turn the skin colour slider darker it fades away... What can I do to avoid this?
Test Subject
#83 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velocity3d
Well I downloaded yours and attempted to import the same af texture into s3pe. It worked differently - I did see more numbers in the fields instead of 0x00000s. Hopefully after that point I can continue to follow the tutorial now - BUT that does lead me to wonder if the original files provided here may be corrupt somehow.

I will try to delete and redownload them and see if I get the same result.

Thank you so much for your time and help in this. I see you included the textures for all ages too - that is AWESOME, thank you again!!

At the point where you can edit all the 0x00000 etc. fileds try adding these numbers:

Type:
0x00B2D882

Group:
0x00000000

Instance:
0xB4CDC208D8D51BF0

Hope it helps
Test Subject
#84 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 4:24 PM
It doesn't work
and tell me to where do I want to put that .package files that I made

I put that into download folder in Sims3 folder in my document but I can't see anything
can u tell me that newly made Skintone embeds with the colors that have already exist or will be show in another place separately

plz reply I hate people don't reply when ask questions
Test Subject
#85 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 4:25 PM
It doesn't work

I put that into download folder in Sims3 folder in my document but I can't see anything
can u tell me that newly made Skintone embeds with the colors that have already exist or will be show in another place separately

-Thanks
Field Researcher
#86 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 1:50 PM
Please help, which file do you mean in step 1 to open in photoshop? Is it the .package file?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#87 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by UbuntuX
It doesn't work

-Thanks

They don't go in the downloads folder. Please read the instructions on installing content in your game: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files
Test Subject
#88 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 5:04 AM
Default Fallout 3 much?
Okay so I have been wanting Fallout 3 stuff and I am going to pull the jpgs for the skin tones from those to see if I can get this. Thanks a bunch, wish me luck!
Test Subject
#89 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 11:25 PM
So this isn't working I get it all packaged and delete the cache thing and it doesn't show up. I think I might be trying to do something a little more advanced tho, I am taking textures from Fallout 3 to make a ghoul skin. I have it all textured out and what not I just don't understand what I am doing wrong.
Test Subject
#90 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 1:58 AM
I'm still having problems trying to open the DDS files in paint shop pro since a lot of thigns have been changed. I dunno where else to put this but it would probably help more people if they saw this thread and got answers, too.
Test Subject
#91 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 4:11 AM
When I try to load a pic, I don't get the dialogue box you showed, instead I get A File Format Module interface error
Test Subject
#92 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 3:30 PM
Thank you Aikea! This tutorial is exactly what I was looking for. You're the best!
Field Researcher
#93 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 12:53 AM Last edited by Honey32 : 7th Nov 2010 at 1:06 AM.
Thanks for this i really want to try making my own default skin.but for babies because there really isn't any for them. i wondering would doing them generally be the same as the in tutorial,for the other age groups.

Oh and do you need photo shop because i only have gimp right now can i use that are do i need photo shop.
Test Subject
#94 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 3:47 PM
Any chance for updating pictures in this tutorial?
Test Subject
#95 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 8:18 PM
I second hotroxy777's reply, without the pictures, it's impossible to understand every single step.
Test Subject
#96 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 8:28 PM
Do you think u can update this at all, since the pictures are not available and I would like to see that I'm doing it right. Also if you can add any more tutorials, that would be great.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#97 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 12:59 AM
Oops, sorry about that! I changed some permissions around and forgot to whitelist MTS. Should be working fine now.

you stare at my shoulders
are you surprised to see one more devil 
where angel wings should be..?
Test Subject
#98 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 11:05 AM Last edited by winema : 3rd Jun 2012 at 11:20 AM.
HELP? Not working... :(
EDIT: I just noticed another fault, eventhough Photoshop is the program that saved the current .dds file I've made it's actually unable to re-open the file! I get this message: "could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document" Funny enough PSP X4 manages to open the .dds but can't save... Basically the 2 programs are doing the opposite of each other..

So I've hit the wall.. I'm semi familiar with making skintones for Sims 2 but after alot of issues just making the dds texture tools to show up as a saving option it's giving me an access violation in PSP X4 when I'm trying to save and while Photoshop CS6 manages to save the dds file something is wrong when importing to s3pe.

First off the "Import" is obviously no longer located under "file" but "resources" and when I am to choose the file I have made with PS CS6 I have to go to "all files" to find the .dds file which has been saved in the same way as explained in the tutorial..

Further on my problem is that, when imported, the image is listed as UKWN and has no preview at all.. What can be the cause of this? Would greatly apprecciate any help to make this work as I bought PSP X4 with the intention to make my own skin tone for Sims 3..
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#99 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 1:07 PM
If you have to select "All files", that probably means that you changed the filename when you saved. Since the filename is what tells S3PE what type of file and so on it is, that's also why it shows up as Unknown after import.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#100 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
If you have to select "All files", that probably means that you changed the filename when you saved. Since the filename is what tells S3PE what type of file and so on it is, that's also why it shows up as Unknown after import.

It has the same name as when I started to edit it. But since it has these compatibility problems, with not aknowledging the dds files and not saving. So the file which I have had most sucess with is named correctly in psp x4, then had to be saved a jpeg and then opened in PhotoShop and saved as a dds (which Photoshop can't seem to open any kind of dds files no matter what different files I try)

But when I then load it in S3PE Resource - import - import from file

this box pops up with:

Type 0x00000000
Group 0x00000000
Instance 0x0000000000000000

Replace duplicates is ticked off and compress as well, when I click ok it list itself as UNKN

Quite frustrating..
Page 4 of 5