Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Blender 2.7 TS3 Tools v3.02 updated 5-2-14

by cmomoney Posted 15th Feb 2011 at 8:32 PM - Updated 2nd May 2014 at 4:08 PM by cmomoney

213 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 154 Feedback Posts, 58 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 9
Test Subject
#126 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 11:57 PM
I'm pretty sure. I downloaded it after May 29. Do you suggest reinstalling it just in case?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#127 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 12:19 AM
Is your mesh triangulated(no quads)?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#128 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 1:11 AM
Yes, my mesh is triangulated.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#129 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 1:34 AM
Can you send me the original package, and your .blend file?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#130 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 2:29 AM
Of course. Thank you. I warn you, the .blend is messy-it's test mesh in the making.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  GrayOwl_DT + Blend.zip (1.52 MB, 5 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#131 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 10:26 AM

I'm using blender 2.62 on windows 7, and can't enable this add-on, others work great. Have any ideas how i can fix this?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#132 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxultima

I'm using blender 2.62 on windows 7, and can't enable this add-on, others work great. Have any ideas how i can fix this?

Get 2.63.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#133 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 2:01 AM
Hi,

I can't for the life of me get this to install. I am using Blender 2.5 because any newer versions, I can't get the preferences to open. I follow the instructions and it never shows up on the list and it never changes the file import menu. I really want to do your tutorial of how to make the end table in Blender, but without this plugin I'm stuck. Help

Thanks
Metisqueen
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#134 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 2:27 AM
It won't work on anything before 2.63.

You can change any window in Blender to User Preferences by clicking the Editor Type button in the top or bottom left corner of the window.
Test Subject
#135 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 7:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
It won't work on anything before 2.63.

You can change any window in Blender to User Preferences by clicking the Editor Type button in the top or bottom left corner of the window.

Hi Cmo,

Thanks for the post and the info. I have a new laptop but lousy slow. It does not have a graphics card so its next to impossible to get the user preferences to load, all I get is a blank screen on anything newer than 2.5. I will try the way you suggested. I may just have to do the tutorial on the larger desktop

Thanks so much
Metisqueen
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#136 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 7:24 AM
Hi cmo,

Thanks so much you rock. Your post has me up and running now after a much frustrating day :-)
Test Subject
#137 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 9:30 PM
Default TS3 Tools Problem
Hey,,
I'm having a slight problem with the add-on when I click on the MLOD/MODL Tools panel it only shows import/export and doesn't show options for drop shadow or any of the other options (Iv'e included an image url of what it looks like when i expand the panel). Ive downloaded the TS3 Tools v2.2 and im using blender 2.63.

Nath
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#138 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 10:40 PM
The full options are only available after import, and if you have one of the groups selected. The drop shadow strength is available when a dropshadow group is selected.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#139 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 1:45 PM
Is there a known issue with Blender 2.63(a) for Mac / OSX? When I import a .s3m2b (e.g. of a table like in the available tutorials), it only imports some bones / armature, but no mesh.

I installed Blender in my Virtual Machine where S3PE and S3OC live, and it imported the same files flawlessly.
Instructor
#140 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 1:28 PM Last edited by scoopy_loopy : 9th Sep 2012 at 2:58 PM.
Hey! Firstly, THANKYOU for this!!

Secondly: I have run into a hiccup, however i'm such a newb, I don't know if I've done something wrong, or if something simply /has/ gone wrong. Is there a way to fix this error from occuring when I attempt to "bake" RGB & Specular maps? (Multiplier worked just fine.)

Edit: Found a work-around by just using the built-in Blender texture bake once the RGB had already been applied by your tool. :D

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#141 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 4:00 PM
No, you are right, there was a bug. I've fixed it and updated. Please redownload. Thank you.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#142 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 1:39 AM
I'm receiving missing group messages. I follow your instructions for mesh swapping, yet I get the error. During swapping, one group is supposed to disappear, right?
And I also get traceback calls when I'm importing the EA mesh.

Thanks for the update, and I do apologize for all the questions.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#143 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 2:06 AM
No, the group doesn't disappear, the mesh in it is replaced with yours. You will have to provide more information for me to diagnose the problems you are having.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Instructor
#144 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
No, you are right, there was a bug. I've fixed it and updated. Please redownload. Thank you.

Cheers! and thanks again!

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Test Subject
#145 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 10:28 PM
Well, while loading the .s3m2b I get: Warning, build complete. Then I open up my .blend, in the same layer, and right after I've loaded the .s3m2b. I remain in object mode, right click my mesh, shift right click the EA mesh, and swap. Then, I hit export, go to the .s3m2b file to overwrite it, and get the error about missing groups. I do not save before I export.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#146 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 11:06 PM
The warning on import is what you are supposed to get, it's letting you know it imported okay. As for the other error, I might need to look at the .blend and the original EA file you using.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#147 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 12:23 AM
I'm still using the files I did when I had errors a few weeks ago. I'll reupload them for convenience.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  GrayOwl_DT + Blend.zip (1.52 MB, 19 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#148 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 1:53 AM
OMG Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I refuse to use Milkshape because I have Maya and 3ds Max on student licenses, but TSR Workshop crashes when I import OBJ files, so I've been stuck sitting around waiting for something like this. Kudos to you!
Field Researcher
#149 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 11:29 PM
I'm having some trouble getting a mesh to be just right, until I was able to mess it up beyond my ability to fix it anymore...

Here's the full story:
1 - A long long time ago, I adapted a crossbow mesh into Blender and managed to import/export into a package that worked in the game... except for some glitches (I'm guessing in UV map), that in game caused blue lines on the side that were supposed to be red (see mScreenshot-16). But in blender and in the game if the object was in design mode, it would appear perfect!...
I tried re-arranging the vertex and faces in that area and re-did the whole UV map, but ended up with the same glitches, only in different places...

2 - Somewhere in time I upgraded your Blender Tools, I could Export/Import Blender>s3m2b>Package, but if I exported the same mesh from package>s3m2b>Blender, I would get errors... With current version, the error is:
...\io_TS3_tools.py", line 1060, in execute self.parsefile()
...\io_TS3_tools.py", line 1458, in parsefile faces.pop(i)
IndexError: pop index out of range

3 - I also tried to copy the mesh into a new Blender file and do a simplified lower res version of it (MODL), but then I got an error whenever I did any operation in blender:
...\io_TS3_tools.py", line 165, in draw dstex = bpy.data.textures['dropshadow']
KeyError: 'bpy_prop_collection[key]: key "dropshadow" not found'

And I would have additional errors when trying to export it:
...\io_TS3_tools.py", line 1738, in execute self.writefile()
...\io_TS3_tools.py", line 1970, in writefile t = CalTangs(ob, uvz[0])
...\io_TS3_tools.py", line 1696, in CalTangs s2 = u[f[2]][0] - u[f[0]][0]
IndexError: list index out of range

4 - Yesterday I figured I would install the latest version of your tools and also the latest S3PE and s3m2b helpers hoping it would solve all my problems!... but it didn't... and it kind of made it worse... Now when I open the main MLOD file (that was kind of working before) I get errors:
...\io_TS3_tools.py", line 82, in draw try: ign = bpy.data.groups['Ignore']
KeyError: 'bpy_prop_collection[key]: key "Ignore" not found'
During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
...\io_TS3_tools.py", line 83, in draw except Exception: sys.exc_clear()
NameError: global name 'sys' is not defined

Plus a bunch of other errors whenever I do any operation on it...

Some of these issues (if not all) are probably my fault somehow... But I'm hoping you could point me in the right direction on how to fix it, because I'm a bit lost here...
(I should have stayed with script modding only )

Attached is the package file plus the MLOD and MODL blender files that won't export.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Desecrate_Crossbow.zip (765.3 KB, 4 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 10:14 AM
Hmm downloaded these tools, installed blender 2.63a, installed the plugin and activated it after it showed up. Saved the user preferences just to be sure, but when importing a mesh in .OBJ format (and right click selecting the mesh naturally) only the Import/Export tools show up.

When importing a .s3m2b file however, the tool is fully showing and working like i here as i was following that guide to make a project.

Using Windows 7 x64 Entpr, as elevated administrator user (meaning run as admin is the same as normal run).
Tryed both blender 2.63a and 2.62 in both bit versions (x32/x64).

When selecting an imported .OBJ mesh the "Make Shadow Mesh" option is not showing.
As can be seen in the post, OM tryed it with same version blender and tools and its working for him ......

Any suggestion as in what the issue maybe or what i can do to sort it without having to import a .s3m2b file first ?

The 3D Studio Max Meshing guides: Part 1: Simple Meshing in 3D Studio Max
Iff freedom was outlawed only outlaws would have freedom.
True piracy is an art, having a Amiga tune doesn't make you the old school pirate.
Page 6 of 9