Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 6:38 PM Last edited by LOLZpersonok : 4th Sep 2011 at 3:55 AM.
Default If you where a Sim in The Sims 3, what would your traits be?
Not sure if re-post...If it is, tell me and I will delete it.

Basically, what would your Sims 3 traits be? How are you in real life? You can have more than 5...

I would have:

Friendly
Computer Whiz
Hopeless Romantic
Good Sense of Humor
Vehicle Enthusiast
Clumsy
Easily Impressed
Loner
Hot Headed
Light Sleeper

There is nothing to see here. Move along.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 7:39 PM
Bookworm
Computer whiz
Good sense of humor
Hopeless romantic
Family Oriented

Sometimes Couch potato or Hot Headed
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 8:20 PM
Hmm, after thinking about it,

Dislike Children: I wonder why the little snot, germ, producing buggers love me?
Commitment Issues: I love having a relationship until my significant other tries to make a commitment. Boo!
Great Kisser: Always been told that.
Angler: I have been fishing officially since I was five. Was going with my parents since I was in a walker.
Loner: Do not like crowds. Ugh.
Light Sleeper: Every noise wakes me. Then I can't go back to sleep.
Hot Headed: Will get very annoyed when I experience or see something bad. Also reacts to it, in an awful way.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 10:39 PM
It's funny that you ask this; I often see people in terms of the Sims. It started with Sims 1 when I could relate to how people went into motive failure. With Sims 2, I learned to look past what people claimed were their values to what they actually valued: possessions (money), status (popularity/money), being attractive (romance) or relationships (family). A lot of the personality traits available in Sims 3 line up with folks I know, although many are missing.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Instructor
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 11:00 PM
Computer Whiz-My mom is always asking me for computer help. I'm no tech genius, where I can just pull a part a computer and be able to tell it's parts from the inside out, but I do know how to get your pictures uploaded to facebook.

Friendly-I'm pretty nice to those who are nice to me. If you like to hang out with me, I'll like to hang out with you. I'm always eager to make new friends...the only problems is I don't know how make the words in my mouth go right.

Loner-I hate crowed areas. I developed a habit of holding my breath and sucking my stomach in when I'm walking alone (I slouch a lot, so sucking my stomach in helps a little when I'm trying to show confidence)

Shy-See friendly and loner.

Clumsy-Most days I end up discovering a scratch mark where I've never seen it before.

Dislike Children-Most of them are loud, bratty, annoying, and needy. I'll probably change my mind about them when I'm older, but for now, no babysitting for me. I swear, my 2 year old cousin almost broke my damn video game console! I hate it when they always complain when things don't go their way.

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 11:28 PM
This is more than you're allowed but anyway.

Absent Minded - I forget things like half an hour after I've decided to do them.
Artistic - I like to make 3D stuff
Computer Whiz - I'm another person that is tech support for most people I know.
Easily Impressed - I watched the video to party rock anthem and was amazed at the fact that everyone was dancing really well and reacted as if I was watching a total eclipse.
Flirty - I'm flirty but I'm not particularly good at it.
Heavy Sleeper - I literally slept through my flatmates banging on my door once, they thought I was dead.
Hot Headed - I get annoyed at inanimate objects sometimes as if they're doing things to annoy me... maybe an insane trait would fit too.
Inappropriate - Hence why I'm no good at flirting.
Loner - I prefer my own company most of the time
Rebellious - I keep getting the sack for this... I hate being talked down to, although I should get over it.

Favorite food at the moment is hot dogs but when I have a favorite food I usually eat it too often and get sick of it. I had hotdogs earlier and already wish I hadn't. Stupid thing is I'll probably have them tomorrow.
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 11:34 PM
Mine would be:

Loner
Bookworm
Shy
Clumsy
Artistic
Nurturing

The Last one is from Generations....Which I will buy eventually!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 11:48 PM
Friendly- I'm a nice person, and I'm always kind towards people. But I can get annoyed sometimes, and that will sometimes alter my response with some people, but I can mostly control it.

Loner/Shy- Not a major fan of crowds, and I prefer to stay within a group of people I know. I can easily meet adults though and talk to them, but not people of my age. I also prefer to be on my own, but I do like company sometimes.

Hot headed- Not severe, but I do get annoyed easily and can lose my temper, but I'll never end up hurting a person.

Neurotic- I get anxious quite a bit, and get stressed easily, but I'm not on the verge of losing it don't worry

Heavy Sleeper- Once I'm asleep, I am asleep. I've been told I'm hard to wake up, but I will wake up for alarms and if my body decides it wants to I will usually sleep through 'events' that happen in the night (like if my mum or dad comes needs to check the alarm or whatever).

Photographer's Eye- Photography is a large interest to me, and I have also been told I'm pretty good at photography. I think it does come naturally to some people, and maybe I too have been born with a Photographer's Eye.

Artistic- I am creative. Well, I think creatively, but haven't been putting it to use lately. I am imaginative when it comes to things like designing and thinking.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 11:52 PM
Denethor, that sounds just like me! Remove hot headed and thats my list (including about the flirts and jobs ) Really!

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 11:57 PM
Default Traits...
Shy... I have been too shy to post a story on this forum.

Good ... I like to help others and, if possible, bring a little happiness to others.

Loves the Outdoors - I need to be in a sunny spot with green trees

Bookworm ... Books allow my dreams to take flight

Artistic ... More so appreciative of art, but, when inspired, like to draw
Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 12:19 AM
Absent minded - Trust me I'm so forgetful it's scary lol

Clumsy - (Not really making a good case so far) but yeh it's true

Perceptive - I take pride known everything going on.

Vehicle enthusiast - Cars, motorbikes, you name it.

Hot headed - Smallest thing irritates me like hell
Field Researcher
#12 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 12:59 AM
Artistic, Bookworm, Computer Whiz, Family-Orientated, Friendly, Good Sense of Humor, Loner, Photographer's Eye.

I feel like I didn't choose enough bad traits, lol. I certainly have my share; I guess they just aren't well-represented in TS3.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 1:04 AM
Vehicle Enthusiast - For as long as I can remember, I've had a passion for the automobile. One of my earliest memories is of me telling my dad the difference between a Corvette and a BMW Z3.

Dislikes Children - I cannot stand small children 1-4. They won't shut up, most of them are fussy, and they're everywhere. And, just my luck, my dad has nothing better to do than to bring my sister's damn two year old to the house, several times a week. I swear that kid is hyperactive.

Hot Headed - I tend to get pissed off all the time. Whether the Playstation's being a brat again, or my dad's brought his granddaughter over to the house again, or some idiot doesn't know how to drive, it pisses me off.

Good Sense of Humor - People tell me I'm a funny guy, quite a bit, too. 'Nuff said.

Artistic - I enjoy drawing quite a bit, although I don't quite have the attention span to work on something big. I also appreciate a nicely furnished house, and I love going with my mom to the furniture store.

Neat - I try my best to keep my room neat and tidy, although right now it's a bit messy, but I have a cold and I can't be bothered right now. I can't stand messy rooms, and I don't know how some people can tolerate living in pigsties.

*Signature Under Construction*
Forum Resident
#14 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 1:11 AM Last edited by IrishGrace : 4th Sep 2011 at 2:59 AM.
Virtuoso: music is in my soul and more often than not you will find me singing to myself if not out loud

Bookworm: If I'm not playing Sims, I've got my head in a book

Clumsy: like somebody else said, I frequently find myself with scratches that I didn't know I had and I have no idea how I got them.

Nurturing: I don't yet know if I want kids of my own, but I absolutely love love love my childcare job

Loner: I think this describes both myself and my husband. We love each other and love spending time together, but we also don't mind spending time apart, even when we're both in the house. And we both absolutely freak out in crowds (and yet we both love going to hockey and baseball games... weird).

EDIT:
Absent-Minded: yes, I'm so absent-minded, I forgot to put it on my list Also, I very very frequently get distracted by the shiny...

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
Test Subject
#15 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missy harries
Denethor, that sounds just like me! Remove hot headed and thats my list (including about the flirts and jobs ) Really!

Ah good, I'm not all that peculiar then
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 2:26 AM
Hmm interesting...

For me..

Absent minded. "yeah In sec....er...what.. omg a shiny!" (yes totally me)
Dislike Children.. I've said it since I was 5, I will never have kids. Heh. And the fact that YOU think I will outgrow this.. proves how wrong you are....so, give it up already
Excitable, yep doesn't matter how small :/ "omg you got a purple envelope?! sweet! Wow how cool is it that your medium coke turned out to be large, awesome! We win! "
Perceptive "omg did you just change the way your toilet paper roll facea?! Cause it looks way weird now... "
Vegetarian "thats not just a hamburger.... thats a dead cow flesh-burger......*cry* T.T )

fun thread!
Forum Resident
#17 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 2:53 AM
What a great thread.

Strangely I share exactly the same traits with the good-looking guy in my avatar
And that is where the similarity ends....

Brave: I can look after myself and others
Natural chef: I'm pretty handy in the kitchen
Good sense of humour: read "smutty or dark" 'nuff said about that the better
Friendly: I'll give anyone the time of day
Hopeless romantic: FAIL! Maybe in the long distant past.... try Genius and Loner instead

Have a nice day everyone!

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥ Now playing Sims 4 but not as EA intended.....
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 3:04 AM
Me

Athletic - Even though I hated sports, I do work out and took self defence classes.
Bookworm - I like books. From Harry Potter to Princess Diaries. I read 'em all! :P
Computer Wiz - I'm a geek. Also now an IT officer. :P
Childish - Yeah, all my exs said so.
Snob - I wouldn't say I'm a snob, but vain is more likely. But this seems to be the closest trait to vain. LOL

After pets came, the sim would definitely have Animal Lover trait, seeing how I am a father to 5 guinea pigs (and growing), 3 sugar gliders and a hamster.
Inventor
#19 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 3:32 AM
Adventurous- Except I haven't really been anywhere interesting. I just like to wander aimlessly and see where I end up.
Bookworm- Comes with being a Literature major I suppose.
Good Sense of Humor- If you consider sarcasm and dry humor funny.
Heavy Sleeper- I sleep as if I'm comatose.
Inappropriate- You won't see much of it in the forums, but I have an inappropriate sense of humor and I tend to be a bit blunt (mayhaps too much sometimes).

If I'm picking sub-characteristics/traits: I'm also clumsy, a couch potato, friendly, and a bit of a snob (when it comes to music).

"Goonies never say die."
Scholar
#20 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 3:45 AM
My traits are in my sig. Loner, perfectionist, and vegetarian are perfect descriptors for me, although I may drop either artistic or hopeless romantic for animal lover, after Pets arrives. (I have nine cats, two dogs, and a ferret.)

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 5:34 AM
Absent Minded. Uh...what were we talking about again? Why is it that I can't remember things I need to remember but never seem to forget stuff that should be unmemorable. For instance, walking in your 'rents doing the horizontal llama vs the periodic table for that snarky little pop quiz.

Commitment Issues. I'm the flakiest person in the world. ♪ Don't do love, don't do friends; I'm only after success. Don't need a relationship, I'll never soften my grip. ♪ -- Marina + the Diamonds is the soundtrack to my life.

Dislikes Children. TLC's I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant is the scariest television series of all time. *shudders*

Frugal. I'm nothing like Mr. Krabs, though. His frugality is ridiculous.

Hot Headed. YOU DON'T TELL ME CHILL! I CHILL YOU!

Kleptomaniac. For reasons that cannot be discussed here. *bows head in shame*

Inappropriate. In the game, are your Sims always being pestered by that one guest who takes a shower, raid their fridge and sleeps in a child's bed at your Sim's weddings? Yup. That was me.

Snob. I may be an absent minded, commitment phobic, child hating, penny pinching, hot headed, inappropriate thief but...I do it with class.
Test Subject
#22 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 5:54 AM
Bookworm
Couch Potato
Family-Oriented
Frugal
Friendly
Good Sense of Humor
Inappropriate
Loner
Shy
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 12:25 PM
Computer-Whiz: Everyone in my family goes to me when they have computer problems. I got that from my mom, so she's the only person that's better than me at it!!

Virtuoso: My dad's side are a bunch of musicians so I got the music gene and is first chair Clarinet and a pianist.

Dog-Lover: That's a Sims 3 pets trait btw. I have a dog named cozy (adorable) who's a cockapoo (poodle/cockerspaniel mix). Every time I see a dog i go up and pet it!

Family-Oriented: I always say my family is really annoying, which is true, but I still love them! We're all only on this earth for a little bit so we have to make the best of it and try not to get mad!

Insane: Just... yeah.

I've had enough, this is my prayer! That I die livin' just as free as my hair!
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sandyfluff
Dog-Lover: That's a Sims 3 pets trait btw. I have a dog named cozy (adorable) who's a cockapoo (poodle/cockerspaniel mix). Every time I see a dog i go up and pet it!

I've never heard of a cockapoo until today, and I already like it. I missed the dog-lover trait. I wish I could pet people's dogs but if a dog walker see's me lumbering out of the woods at her with a big soppy grin on my face I'm liable to get maced.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 1:06 PM Last edited by brillo_pad : 4th Sep 2011 at 1:58 PM.
Since we're posting pics :P

Loner - can't stand being around people for too long. They talk and talk, their judging eyes, their ever increasing odour.
Virtuoso - Singing, mostly.. I suck at guitar and piano :/ But singing redeems my right to have this trait.
GSOH - I laugh at everything, especially when I know I shouldn't, which leads to the next trait...
Inappropriate - People don't seem to like it when you tell them how much they smell, whereas I take it as valuable advice. I turned up to a Bond themed party (glamorous ladies and dapper gents) as a bomb victim with fake blood and peeling flesh... I had to get there by bus. That's just the tip of the iceberg.
Great Kisser - I have also always been told that
Slob - Unbelievably so.
Lazy/Procrastinator - If this/these trait(s) ever come(s).. lol.

Other traits:
Genius - I have my moments, but I don't use it all the time. I tend to understand things straight away, but because I am lazy and a slob, I lose my notes and cant commit it to memory. So perhaps genius/absent-minded is a more appropriate trait.
Dislikes Children - Or anything else that slobbers.
Hates the Outdoors - but it's such a limiting trait in the sims, so I just make my self-sim a vamp (fair trade off, ahaha..) 'cause that is the main reason I don't like being outside - heatrash, burning, sunsickness and fainting etc. Winter is fine because it's cold and less sunny, also because most of the insects are dead and there are fewer animals scurrying around.

Go suck an elf...
Page 1 of 7